Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Should have left them in the pit!

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by Zombie Baby, Oct 13, 2015.

1. TheWalkingTide

TheWalkingTide New Member

Would have been too loud and costly to supplies to bomb them. The noise would have drawn another 1,000 walkers and who knows else. They could have tried to burn them but that would be wasting gas. They could have tried and walked them in a circle back to the pit and off that high cliff Ron almost ran off of. But that would have been really hard and may have required a sacrificial lamb.....

2. Bonxy

Bonxy New Member

Damn. I must of missed that! :(

3. Rickrolling

Rickrolling Member

Well

I think they should have done something smarter.

First Secure the exits.
    Build a walker path up the one side then leading them to a path to fall off the side the one side of quarry. Using wind chimes and other natural sound and visual devices to lure them into the path and off the side quarry. If the impact of the fall doesn't kill the walker, it will hobble them back into the quarry to fall again.

Check on it weekly, and it would be a walker destroying machine, continuing to lure walkers in and killing them with very little work

before someone critiques this, keep in mind that from the episode. The walkers were falling in from of a gentle slope from the one side.

#23 Rickrolling, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This is my favorite plan. They can still do this to protect Alexandria from future walkers. Maybe they can even lure this herd right back in to the quarry once they have set up the Lemming Drop.

5. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I see what you did there.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

They should bring back Beth dangle her over the pit and make her sing into a cordless microphone so all the walker's heads will explode one by one until they're all gone. Also drop Beth into the pit killing her for good this time.

7. GenericUserName

GenericUserName New Member

I was going to start a similar topic. I realize much of the illogical aspects of the show are for the magic of cinema, without any tension or precursors to certain events there'd be no story. This time around though I think they could have taken the story 2 different ways that would have been more sensible and possibly more interesting too.

Originally I thought Rick's plan was to use the walkers as a weapon proactively against a possible threat. That would have suited Ricks new personality more and made more sense with the dialogue between he and Daryl, Alternatively they could have planned to place the walkers in a new pit dug out around the town as a deterrent against outsiders. If that were true then the whole approach of controlled release would make more sense. The plan could have still backfired in the same way then.

This second method wouldn't fit the plot as well, but I would have found it more interesting, It would be nice to see them making active progress in that universe, instead of just getting by on defences. They could have used another plot device later to introduce their rivals, maybe infiltration via recruitment, that would have reinforced Ricks opinions to the core group on how things are, after their efforts once again stifled by others.

The best way to have handled it, as others have mentioned would be to utilize the pits as a means of controlled culling, they could have possibly killed more walkers off than collectively prior to reaching Alexandria. They may not have had the resources to blow up every walker in the pits. But they could blown apart the exit ramp leading out. I would have then used the canyon as a massive burning pit, Production of flammable fluids is fairly easy to achieve, even with limited resources making ethanol and bio-diesel certainly is, as walkers bump into one another the fire will spread. They would have spent weeks preparing all those cars as a funnel down the highway. It would been better to siphon any fuels they could. They could have also used all the car batteries as an explosive device to blow the exit ramp (Older batteries might not work as well). Either way, problem solved.

Where were you on this one Eugene?

8. Lousy Stiff

Lousy Stiff New Member

The lack of heavy equipment use has bothered me from the beginning ,and not using or disappearing military vehicles .

9. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

Yeah, do these people suggesting this even remember the number of burned and fire engulfed zombies that have chased the group before? Fire has been shown to be very ineffective against them yet people are suggesting to burn them still? Great, instead of 1000 zombies chasing them, they have 1000 zombies on fire chasing them, haha.