Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Should Judith Grimes Die?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Spoilers' started by ShaneFan946, Apr 26, 2012.

?

Should Judith Die

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. Doesnt matter/Unsure

18 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. DrBlive

DrBlive Member

This would not happen, as well as could not happen. How could a new born with no teeth and tiny fingers with no nails eat/claw out of someone? If this ever happens, then the writers really need to be fired

2. Pharris

Pharris Member

I believe that Lori's baby (IF they name her 'judith', who knows - hey, she might not even have the baby) won't live long for the show - it would be nearly impossible to have a baby in that environment. As stated in season 2, every time the baby cried, it could attract walkers. I cant keep my kids from messing up my house for five minutes, I cant imagine having to navigate a zombie ridden world WITH them. I think it would simply make the flow of the series, as well as simply shooting it that much more difficult. I honestly think they will spare everyone and have Lori miscarry, or, if she DOES give birth, kill off the baby shortly thereafter.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

The safety of the prison provides an environment where it doesn't matter if the baby cries. That safety of course doesn't last forever, but it does provide the writers with a good angle to have the baby be born. What they'll do with the baby after birth and the safety of the prison removed is the real issue, but there are thousands of directions they can take it in a "TV friendly" kind of way.

4. Pharris

Pharris Member

I would agree with you, but as the producers have said (and everyone else knows) they won't be staying at the prison very long - certainly not into season 4. They won't be roaming around the woods with a toddler. I doubt Lori's baby will be around long.

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Where did the producers say they wouldn't be at the prison very long? Last I heard, Mazzara and Kirkman were both saying that the prison story arc is being set up for multiple seasons.

6. Pharris

Pharris Member

I dont know for sure where I read it, but something about the prison being like a 'haunted house' and not the salvation they were hoping for. My assumption is that the prison will be their home for the bulk of this season, and then they will move on.

7. daryldixon

daryldixon Member

Lol, it's kinda obvious Judith is going to die with Lori maybe at the end of season 3.

8. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Why is it obvious? It's possible, of course, but you can't really say that the character arcs will be the same as the comics. The locations and general plot points have been the same, but the characters have generally been different in the TV series.

Also, we've heard that the Prison/Woodbury story arc is being expanded into two or more seasons, so I'm not so sure season three ends with their demise.

9. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Yes she should. Its sad but a must if Rick is to become the man he is in the comic. Besides, a crying baby would bring walkers down on the group at every turn.

10. WalkerBait

WalkerBait Member

Personally, I think Lori may die before the birth of the baby. I doubt the story will stay true to the comic because in the series, Lori isn't even showing yet so she still has a while to go, pregnancy wise.

On The Talking Dead, Kirkman stated that around four months have passed since the apocolypse so a lot of time will need to pass in season 3 if Lori is to give birth before the final episode so I think it will be the end of the first half of season 4 when Lori gives birth to Judith and her death or both of their death will occur at the end of season 4 if that's the case.

I hope I've made sense here.

11. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people want Lori to have the baby die inside her then zombify and kill her from the inside out... that's just messed up.

12. Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat New Member

I don't think AMC will have any problem killing off a baby.
    Breaking Bad has done a lot worse- I know it's a different show, but it's similar in its production and scale as well as being on the same network.

Saying that, I think the death will be handled a lot differently in the show.
    How is anyone's guess.
    My main concerns are the moping and emotional effects the death will have on Lori
    and Rick. It won't be too fun to watch, but they will have to do it otherwise people will say it's not realistic/they got over the death too quickly.
    Holy first post Batman.

#52 Rick's Hat, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  13. LeslyErin86

LeslyErin86 Member

not true... shanes death was the same, just at a different time & environment. Rick killed shane bc he was being dilusional about being with lori & then he came back to life & carl shot him.

14. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Shane's was pretty different. Instead of being killed by Carl at the Atlanta Safe Zone he was killed by Rick at Hershel's farm.

15. LeslyErin86

LeslyErin86 Member

Right but he still came back as a walker & carl shot him... he even sort of brags about it later in the comics... or maybe im getting the comics & the show mushed.together I shall go back & read them. Anyone else remember?

16. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I think Shane's death is reminiscent enough of the comics. Different environment and altered a touch, but essentially the same event. Basically they just avoided Rick having to go back later and dig up Shane's reanimated body to "put it down". They just tied the two events together and had Carl shoot reanimated Shane rather than living Shane.

Can't wait to see what other little twists the show adds to major comic events in the future...

17. rabscuttle1

Judith will die. It's a must in my opinion. Because if she lives Rick wont develop into the same man that he does in the comic.

18. LeslyErin86

LeslyErin86 Member

I agree. Plus... taking care of a baby on the move like that all the time? I don't see how that would.fly. a baby crying all the time when they are trying to hide from.zombies & other humans would be a dead give away. Plus all battles to come... a baby could never survive. & yes, rabscuttle, Lori & the babies death do play a huge part in how ricks character evolves.

19. rabscuttle1

Bingo! I think Judith will die in childbirth, though. I'm not sure the show has quite big enough balls to take her out the same way the comic did.

20. LeslyErin86

LeslyErin86 Member

I dont know... she might. She's got hershal there though. I woudlnt think she would, but then again, like you said, its hard for me to see them killing her off like they do in the comics. maybe then will just show it from a distance though & not get like a close up or anything & its not like rick or carl go back for them, they are gone & dont go back from that point. maybe the baby will just get sick though & die bc they dont have the correct medical supplies to help her... who knows... cant wait to find out though!