Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Should Maggie Be At Least A Little Pissed?

Discussion in 'Episode 714 - The Other Side' started by Weallgotit, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I was one who wondered why Maggie never showed any anger at all toward Daryl for what he did to get Glenn Killed. It took long enough but they finally talked about it tonight. She seems very forgiving about it. Maybe she had so much time to get over it. Or maybe she never blamed him for it in the first place. Would you be so forgiving?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I think she never blamed him for it. Even when negan first took Daryl younsaw her cry out to him.

But I think just all they have been through she couldn't bring herself to blame him. I'm sure it's crossed her mind that had he not punched negan Glenn would still be alive. But probably at the front of her mind is that negan killed Glenn and it didn't matter what anyone else did cus negan is the real issue

I don't think I would be 100% not angry like her but if that was my family I would forgive him no question. Especialy with a war on the horizon and we are still on the same team

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think Maggie is a sensible girl, no use to put energy into blaming Daryl, it wouldn't help anything. And the problem is Negan, not Daryl. She's focusing on the important things, and Daryl is her family too. But it sure took forever for us to hear them talk about it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Weallgotit

I don't think I would blame him totally for Glenn's death. But I would want him to explain his thoughts behind his actions at some point. Even if she did not feel that way when they finally talked. She didn't even seem to show any anger about it at all leading up to the talk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sully

Sully Active Member

In the comics she starts hitting Rick over and over again. That's her immediate reaction to Glenn's death.

That never happened in the show. She had an immediate anger, but it was much more controlled.

And I guess that goes to show that this Maggie really is much more in control of herself. She is crushed about Glenn for sure, but she has really mastered grief in the zombie apocalypse. It just keeps coming at her. She lost a lot in season 2, then Herschel and Beth, and then Glenn. Maggie is so used to it that she's conditioned herself how to quickly grieve and react.

She might be the one character on the show who is more in control of herself than anybody.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Maybe she is playing an adult in the real world who watched the situation and does not blame Daryl as it is not his fault?

• Like Like x 2
  7. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Darryl almost repeated the action of jumping without thinking of the consequences. If he had killed the guy in the storage room, perhaps he and Maggie might have been able to sneak away but the saviors would have looked around, found their dead guy and wreaked vengeance on the community.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Daryl was semi-forced to consider killing that saviour because he was getting too close to their hiding place.
    Actually, when Maggie saw that thing that the saviour took from Eunid, her eyes looked somewhat surprised and angry to me. I guess she might be even considering to kill that saviour herself as she might think that saviour has killed Eunid and snatched that thing off from her. Anyway, I am just reading this into Maggie's mind.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Poor Daryl. I just wanted to give him a hug.

10. Znuts

Znuts Member

I think Maggie knows that Daryl didn't mean to get Glenn killed and was only standing up for the group how he knew how. She also knows that all efforts and energy needs to be spent preparing to fight the Saviors, so a fight about it now won't help anything. Maggie also loves Daryl like family and doesn't want to put the blame on him. In her eyes, the blame is on Negan and Negan alone.

11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

it was Enid's knife, and they probably all have knives, so i don't know if maggie would recognize it as enid's.

12. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Maggie would have recognized the knife because the sheath it was in was pretty unique.

13. IlsaMarx

IlsaMarx New Member

Maggie grew up with Hershal horse sense. Plus, Maggie was tge big player in agreeing to attacking the Saviors at the station to kill Negan. She might partially blame herself. If they didn't make that deal at Hilltop then Glenn and Abraham would be alive. Maggie and Rick are big blames for two deaths. The attack resulted in Abraham getting killed and then Daryl's outburst resulted in the secondary cause of Glenn dying. She probably blames herself more than Daryl.

14. Weallgotit

All I'm saying is it's a human reaction to be pissed at someone getting your spouse killed. Of course you know they didn't do it but they caused it. It would not mean Maggie is heartless if she was a little upset with Daryl for his actions that night. Or that she hates him. It would mean she holds him responsible for his actions which directly led to Glenn beating beaten to death. Then of course she will forgive him because that's who she is. And they're family.

15. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I think it would've made sense for her to show anger to Daryl if he wasn't taken by Negan. But after having time to think about it plus Daryl not even being able to speak or look at her showed that he was really hurt by it. And she probably has some idea of what he went thru while he was captured so to blame him now just wouldn't be right. I would've liked to see her blame him in the immediate aftermath of the beatings but not now

• Like Like x 1
  16. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Sure, Maggie is still grieving but as was said above, she's acclimated to loss in the ZA. She even told Jesus that he should try a relationship even if it doesn't last. She won't drag down the group by making one of her close "family" members feel worse than he already does. What would be the point? In this world you go forward cause it isn't productive to dwell on the mistakes of the past. Learn from them yes, but she needs him to get over the guilt so they can make things right for the ones they lost and the ones still living. She's becoming a great leader.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Daryl did not get Glenn killed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Weallgotit

He kinda did. He did not directly cause Glenn's death. And it's fine if we don't want to blame him for it. But it's true that his actions caused the sadistic psycho to kill Glenn. Negan was all set to lay down his laws and let the remaining group members work for him. But with the punch from Daryl, he killed Glenn to further drive fear and submission into the group.

19. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

If you recall the ending on the 7b premiere, Maggie blamed HERSELF. "You were out here because of me". That is what she said to Rick. So even though Daryl's lashing at Negan ultimately made him choose Glenn and kill him, the events following ie. the breaking of Rick by making him almost cut his son's arm off and his total subservience, showed Maggie they were dealing with a madman.

She was distraught, grief stricken, but she still could muster up guilt and anger and all of it was directed at Negan, not Daryl. The only one blaming Daryl, is Daryl.

• Like Like x 1
  20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Daryl didn't kill Glenn, Negan did. Daryl wasn't to know that Negan would kill Glenn.

Maggie has known Daryl long enough to know that Daryl wouldn't intentionally do anything to directly or indirectly harm anyone in the group.