Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Should Rick Ask the Hilltop Doc to Test Him/Judith

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Spidey, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Should he? Clearly that doctor has the equipment to do a paternal test on Rick to see if he's the father to Judith or if it's Shane. Should he go for it? ;)

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Rick told Lori that it didn't matter to him who Judith's real father is, and that she would be his daughter regardless. It would only be human if a part of Rick would be tempted to learn the truth, but he'd consider that a betrayal against Lori and his word.

3. jojo

jojo Member

Whoa! Wow this caught me off guard. Nah I don't plus I don't think it really matters to Rick.

4. BlackLightning

No.

Rick has more important things to worry about. Much more important.

Plus, I doubt that Rick wants to know. Judith is all he has left of both Lori and Shane (regardless of whether that's Shane's baby, the memory of the love triangle will never fade) Even after everything that went down, he still loves them both.

5. EvieE

EvieE Member

I doubt he could do it even if Rick asked since they probably wouldn't have the equipment to test something like that and Medical doctors aren't the ones who perform those tests.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

What would be the point. He's going to treat Judith like his own daughter no matter what. At this point, biology isn't their bond.

7. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

Even if Rick wanted to know there's no labs doing these tests anymore. So it's a moot point.

8. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

I think it's beautiful that he's raising the natural child of the two people who were so dear and close to him before the apocalypse as his own, no matter how things turned out with them after. I like to imagine that he is able to look back on them both more fondly now with his greater insight into what Jesus likes to call "the next world". The doctor probably ought to look Judith over just as a checkup, though.

9. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Rick'll figure things when Judith gets a couple years older and start rubbing her head when she's pissed....

10. jmobash

jmobash Member

Haha! Yes and when she pulls a Britney and shaves her head.

11. Rick/Daryl

Rick/Daryl New Member

Rick should ask for a test and then if it turns out to be Shane's baby then she should let carol adopt the child

12. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I don't see why it would matter. It wouldn't change anything, and I really don't think he's conflicted about it in any way at this point. He's already aware of the possibility, but Judith is absolutely his daughter. The things he's done to keep her safe negate any biological technicalities.

There are many people in the world who consider their step-parent to be more of a 'real parent' than their biological parent, and in a ZA I think such a thing would be even more relevant. Rick and company refer to one another as family, and it's not just a word that they're casually tossing around. They are family. Family is about a lot more than blood relation.

13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

To answer the question, no. They have other things to worry about and I don't think the doctor is equipped with a DNA lab anyway.
    On a side note, I always thought it was kind of jacked up the way Lori told Shane at the farm that even if it was his baby it was not his baby. If a man is the biological father of a child, I feel he has a right to parent that child, regardless of the current relationships. I also think it's a bit unfair to the child to deny it that relationship because it makes your life less complicated
    I know it's the ZA and they have no way to find out conclusively, but I thought that was cold. You don't just get to decide things because it makes your life easier with no regard to the other people it impacts. I wasn't really a Shane fan, but from his point of view, that was phucked up, imo.

14. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

No I think he already knows shes likely not his. Comic book Rick said as much, as well.

15. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

No. As already stated, biological paternity doesn't matter at this point. Judith is his daughter just as Carl is his son, regardless of whose DNA she possesses. Knowing wouldn't change how he feels/act towards her so why bother. I don't know if there are any "Veronica Mars" fans out there, but there's an episode where she has the opportunity to find out if her dad is really her dad and, in the ends, she shred the results before reading them because she realizes that blood isn't what matters. That's how Rick feels towards Judith.

16. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

No need for that nonsense. Like Rick is really worried about that....

17. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

Judith.....I am not your father.

18. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

they can save that for the episode that Jerry Springer shows up in

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That would be so pointless...Rick is Judith's father whether it's biological or not. Now that doesn't mean he isn't examining her facial features every now and then ;)

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Or Maury:

[​IMG]