Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shouldnt Carl know better by now?

Discussion in 'Episode 602 - JSS' started by JEA13, Oct 19, 2015.

1. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

After almost being Joe's group "love child" and Termites Carl's burgers snack shouldnt Carl know better than to walk up to a wounded guy that is part of a group running around chopping up people. I dont care if he is begging for mercy. if he had succeeded in grabbing and killing Carl what would happen to Judith?

2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Either you need to be like Carol and take no chances or have the martial arts of Morgan to pull that off. Carl should know better.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Surprised me too. So uncharacteristic of Carl who has no problem pulling the trigger. Could Enid being there have been a factor I wonder?

4. sam12six

sam12six Member

I believe he was just worried about getting grounded and forced to spend time helping Rick in the garden again.

5. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I loved it when Morgan was tying up the guy and Carol came along and shot the prisoner in the head.:zombies_cool:

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I think it's because they've been building up his humanity and morals for the past two seasons. He hasn't had to kill in a long time. And last time he killed someone who appeared at a disadvantage, he was punished for it. Hopefully the experience of almost having his gun taken was enough to make sure he never makes that mistake again.

7. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

This could have been the same consequences of him not killing the walker that got Dale. He should have shot in the head when he first had the chance.

#7 Daryl Rocks, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Carl did not have to kill him immediately but was stupid enough to walk close enough for that Wolf to have a chance to get hold of him.

9. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

He has clearly spent too much time around Morgan. The Dale incident should never be forgotten.

10. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Post-NWO Carl needs to arrive sooner!

11. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. I think perhaps the fact that Ron was standing right there and his dad just blew his Rons dads face off a few days ago might have had something to do with it too.

12. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I agree. I think Carl's head, heart and survival skills are getting messed with by Enid and Alexandria. He might need to take a cue from her and keep frosty. Remember, it was Carl who asked Rick to let him kill that walker the first time he went back into the woods. Carl wanted to stay in practice.

13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

YEah so damn dark! :D Also shows the diffrence in those, 2 sides of one spectrum!

14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

A vicious guy tries to take my gun from me, I shoot him for real, not just rely on his injured leg to protect me. That's true even before the Zombie Apocalypse. I was astonished by Carl's padawan forbearance.

15. Berry

Berry Member

I think it was 100% influenced because of his audience. If he just kills someone who is begging for mercy, who knows what his new friends may think.

Even though Carl is emotionally soft, he still has pretty good aim (not Sasha or Carol caliber, but good enough).

16. Watching Dead

Watching Dead Member

I think it was a character slip Carl knows better. Kinda like Daryl falling into that trap. Aaron might not know better but Daryl would not have fallen for that.

17. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Dude is like 14 or 15 in the show and he just met the first girl his age since hitting puberty. I bet his mind was on enid. Any of you guys remember your hormones being 14? Imagine having them and only having just met the first girl your age.

18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I just remember hating school :zombies_neutral:

19. Kimiko

Kimiko Member

Admittedly, my first reaction was "Carl, what the hell are you doing? you know better", but perhaps Carl didn't want to appear like a heartless killer in front of Ron and Enid. Carl wants Alexandria to work out for the sake of the group and Judith, which means "playing nice" even though we know what it is really like out there.

20. Brian and Pris

The name of this thread says it all. Carol makes sense and Morgan too (even though mad annoying and unrealistic in this world) but Carl? What are they doing to this poor kid?! Dude should be a ruthless killer by now - I have been told he is in the comics. I think he is the most poorly used character in the show. Their is a story put now asking if "Carl grimes is the worst character on tv"!
    Come on guys! You can do better by Carl! Get the kid some acting classes if he needs them but this pansyCarl things gotta go! I thought they portrayed what a kid like Carl would be like well back in that episode where Hershel says "he gunned that kid down!"
    That made sense, even if it was a little cray cray. This version...smh