Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shumpert's death doesn't click with me.

Discussion in 'Episode 407 - Dead Weight' started by Franklin, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Franklin

Franklin Member

Martinez said Shumpert was greatly bothered by the Woodbury tragedy and became reckless. Shumpert got bit and Martinez putted him down.

This is very poor writing. There are so many flaws this explanation. Shumpert didn't care about Woodbury's people. He didn't talk to anyone. He only cared about serving The Governor. It's hard to see that he cared about Woodbury's people. Why would their deaths bother him?

Shumpert reckless? Yeah right. We've seen Shumpert being cool and collected. His reckless doesn't make sense. He didn't care about Woodbury's people. He had good survivor skills.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

At least we still have Ms. McLeod.

Oh wait...

3. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I think it was a quick way to shut up everyone's minds and just move on. A bit of a shame really...

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

You are either joking or making things up. Shumpert was an unimportant redshirt. You don't now how he felt.

5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. tallahasseehero

Are you being serious? He was a minor character. There was no way to definitively tell how he felt about the Woodbury people. Even if he didn't like them he probably still would not want to see them all executed. I don't know what it is about this episode's forum, but the criticisms have been really stupid.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to popular media.

The sad part is there are plenty of decent complaints. They just get buried in endless pages of stupidity.

8. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry an unimportant important redshirt.

10. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

This maybe a joke to some people but Shumpert was one of the better characters of TWD. The way the show handled his death was absolutely disrespectful and stupid. I don't know if they wanted to punish him for being such a great character or punish his fandom because they made him very popular. Either way you do not kill your best characters like that but then again it was TWD's thing, I guess. Shumpert was very sweet, caring and different than the other people. He didn't speak too much but the man didn't need words to express his emotions. He had that one look on his face that tells the entire story. It was the same look in every situation but you could understand whether he says F*ck you or I love you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shane's Brainz

I agree with everyone else, considering he barely even spoke we have absolutely no idea how he felt about losing Woodbury or not. For all we know he was upset and felt bad about leaving the Gov. What I do know is he would obviously be upset over losing his safe haven. Im not 100% on this but I swear Martinez said he was careless after abandoning the Gov, not that he was upset and careless over woodbury.

12. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Martinez could have lied.

OP, ignore the endless criticism for any criticism for the show though, keep on posting your thoughts :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. joshred4

joshred4 Member

We barely even got to know Shumpert, there's no way to know how he really was. I mean, the guy only said like 10 words the entire series. We certainly didn't know much about him at all, and certainly not enough to go into detail.

14. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

I guess they just wanted him gone, lol.

15. devinnn

devinnn Member

First of all, who cares how Shumpert died anyway? Second, its really so unfathomable that Shumpert could have lost it after seeing a mass murder of innocent people that you had to make a thread about your disbelief?

There is a thread strictly for criticisms like these. Why don't people use that thread?

16. Franklin

Franklin Member

He knew that The Governor was a liar and conman. Look at what The Governor did to Maggie and Glen. That was wrong regardless of how you look at it. He wanted Merle to kill Michonne for no reason. If Shumpert honestly cared for the people then he would have done the right things. He helped The Governor murder and attempt to murder many innocent people.

He knew the real reason why Rick's group attacked Woodbury. They had beaten Glen and sexually assaulted Maggie. He didn't tell Woodbury's people the truth. His actions in season 3 greatly conflict with his reaction and death before season 4.

How was Shumpert sweet? Read my post above.

17. tallahasseehero

Maybe Shumpert considered Maggie and Glenn a threat to Woodbury. They were outsider. He knew the Woodbury people. You are really making huge leaps in logic

18. tallahasseehero

Are you being sarcastic? I bet substantial amounts of diehard fans cant even remember who he is? He may have a small cult following but it certainly does not take away from the show the way they killed him off.

19. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

as usual somebody making shit up

like him or not shumpert was a minor character who barely said a word, we dont know anything about him, his death was one of those things that couldnt be explained in detail (they only have 45 minutes per episode, cant explain everything in detail)
    wouldve been cool to keep him....but hes gone

20. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

[​IMG]