Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Shumpert's death doesn't click with me.

Discussion in 'Episode 407 - Dead Weight' started by Franklin, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Franklin

Franklin Member

You're such a lair. I didn't make up anything. What I said was FACT. Hear that kid? FACT!

Shumpert followed The Governor when he knew the following FACTS. Hear that little boy? FACTS!

1. The Governor sexually assaulted Maggie.
    2. The Governor killed the national guard, stole their equipment, and lied about their deaths to the Woodbury people.
    3. The Governor lied to Woodbury's people about Rick's reason to attack Woodbury.
    4. The Governor allowing Merle to beat Glen and try to kill him with a Walker.
    5. The Governor ordered Merle to kill Michonne. Michonne did nothing wrong at Woodbury. This is before she killed his Walker daughter.
    6. He knew about The Governor's plan was to kill Rick's group if Rick handed over Michonne.

These 6 FACTS prove that Shumpert didn't give a rat's ass about Woodbury's people.

Your outsider argument doesn't work here. The Governor often brought in outsiders who he saw fit for Woodbury such as Andrea and Merle. Tyreesee and Sasha were outsiders and Shumpert didn't treat them as a threat. The fact that they knew Rick didn't bother him.

Maggie being an outsider is not a damn excuse to let someone sexually assault a person. What world are you from?

2. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

I don't recall Martinez's dialog verbatim but perhaps what he said was Shumpert became distraught over the ruin of Woodbury, meaning not Woodbury's people. Being a devout minion of the Gov this works that he would be a broken man after that loss.

3. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

They never really elaborated much, just that he wasn't the same after Woodbury,and got a bit careless.

4. rustybag

rustybag Member

Neither Martinez nor Shumpert were developed much. It seemed their role was to be the loyal sidekicks to the governor in Woodbury. Once they decided to change the governor story, they probably didn't have use for them anymore.

5. Jam_Van_Dam

Jam_Van_Dam Member

I would rather Shumpert have died on screen but since he was such a minor character it doesn't really matter. Martinez was the only 1 of The Govs men who got developed so it was nice to see the show bring him back and not just forget about....even if it was for 20 mins :(

Martinez has probably had double the lines Beth has had (singing included):zombies_lol:

6. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

Um, no not really.

7. tallahasseehero

Honestly, you should get some sharper reasoning skills and stop being a jerk. The Gov brought Michonne and Andrea in to try and make them a part of the community. Glenn and Maggie were bought into interrogate about another group. And I never said that makes sexual assault ok. When did I ever even imply that. My argument is that though Shumpert may not be a great guy, but he may not think mass murder is ok of people he has known.

8. Franklin

Franklin Member

Nice try. You said this.

You're justifying Shumpert's actions. That's not an excuse for Shumpert to continue to follow a sex offender aka The Governor. Honestly, I think you seriously need some help especially beveling it was okay for Shumpert to be cool with Maggie's treatment.

Shumpert doesn't have a problem with mass murder. He helped The Governor kill the national guard. If you're knowingly(he did) helping a psychopath then you're likely one yourself. Heck, maybe that explains his recklessness.

#28 Franklin, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  9. tallahasseehero

I think the only one that needs psychological help is you. Or maybe just a class to learn proper comprehension skills. Actually, probably both.

#29 tallahasseehero, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  10. Shane's Brainz

[video=youtube;rKM4q1hNJpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKM4q1hNJpY[/video]

11. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Still shocked we have a 3 page thread on the death of Shumpert, a name I never would have remembered had this thread not appeared!

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its shocking when you discover the world doesn't revolve around you. ;)

13. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Glad you finally figured it out! Congrats. I look forward to you being a less uptight butthurt loser!

14. Neuropyramidal

Talking to mirrors like that is a great start to your therapy. Maybe try to use bigger words and sound less like an 11 year old bully with a foreskin problem, and you'll be well on your way to adulthood. ;) I'm rooting for you.

15. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Thanks for educating us on your therapy methods!

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't even remember if Shumpert ever had any lines?

17. Neuropyramidal

I think ONCE he said something like "Martinez...biters!!!"

18. Jam_Van_Dam

Jam_Van_Dam Member

That's what's impressive about Shumpert, not many people can say they survived 14 episodes without speaking a word.:zombies_cool:

19. Neuropyramidal

:p

[​IMG]

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

A man of few words! lol