Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Siddiq/Dante

Discussion in 'Episode 1007 - Open Your Eyes' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 17, 2019.

1. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Dante being a traitor was a surprise. I'm still mad and sad about Siddiqs death. I know, most characters aren't safe, but I feel, like they killed off Siddq too soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Been thinking about Dante as a whisperer and am starting to come around on the idea, only because some of the holes have been filled. Lydia didn't know Dante, so she wouldn't recognize him.

He probably killed the captured whisperer to keep him from talking, not to protect his identity.

Still on the fence about him knowing Alpha lied about killing Lydia. It obviously had an impact on Gamma and Beta wasn't thrilled about it. So you would think a new comer to the group would immediately see through the bullshit especially someone as smart and experienced as Dante.

But that goes back to the question most of us have. Even with all the brainwashing, why would anybody choose to live like that when there are so many better options?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I was so surprised, shocked actually, even though I thought Dante was an odd duck. I can’t believe he’d want to choose the Whisperers over the Alexandrians either, especially as a Medic he had a special place in this community.

What I wish had happened ( and this is easy to say when you’re sitting at home) is that Siddiq, after realizing who Dante was, didn’t let on and maybe said something like, yeah man, thanks for the pep talk. He could have then gone to the council and ratted Dante out. What I’d also like to know is whether Siddiq had a chance to inform anybody about the cause of the “flu” out break being the contaminated water before he was murdered?

#23 purriwinkle, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yeah, no doctor. Someone better give Eugene some medical textbooks to study quick! Lol

5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah, cause I do not remember reading him as this insider dude.

Oh yeah, this is a big bad time! And I cannot see them "accepting" Dante back, after all the shit he DONE.

#25 Marc, Nov 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I feel like the lie would only be really necessary for those who are the less bright members of the group. Someone intelligent like Dante would probably be more pragmatic and understand that to keep a large group loyal, sometimes you have to add a bit of fantasy to the picture. I think someone with his level of cognition might be okay with the Lydia lie, as long as he still believed in the overall cause.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Or maybe Dante is a Whisperer for a reason. Maybe someone he loves (wife, girlfriend, brother, sister, son, daughter etc) is caught up in the Whisperers cult and he is spying etc to protect them because he clearly is intelligent enough to see through Alpha's guise.

Or maybe he just legit thinks humanity will not be the same since the ZA and has truly chosen the Whisperers side as who he feels will be the best community to survive or win.

You have to remember things are very very different and we're looking at it from a normal societal view vs someone who has actually experienced DEAD PEOPLE walking around along with death trauma murder savagery etc from once every day citizens who can now be brutal so the decisions they make are literally "rest of their short or long lives" since they can literally be murdered at the drop of a hat with little or no recourse.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I'm a little surprised at the reactions here since I was flipped out! Although since Dantes intro, I wondered where he came from, I didn't suspect he was a spy at all. It wasn't until the cell scene that I thought he might be deliberately triggering Siddiq's ptsd, but still didn't go with the spy theory.
    But holy sh*t, the whole scene gave me the heebie jeebies, especially when Dante just stood there and stared at Siddiq and like Siddiq the realization just swept over me. Creepy!! Love that the show is catching me off guard again!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think it is a pretty lame thing to do. A character out of nowhere, given so much weight. In any other show one would wonder who the heck is he. But here? I do not expect such lame "twists". He felt so established, like he been there for MONTHS, if not years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

I thought Dante was odd from the beginning snd wondered where he came from, but didn;t see this coming, I like the way Angela Kang and crew set up and executed this storyline. Gimple would have messed it up big time if he was still in charge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I agree, I wasn’t entirely surprised. I noticed how Siddiq was staring at Dante’s mouth in 10x01, which to me meant Siddiq recognized his mouth, possibly through the mask that he was probably (and he was!) wearing in the barn. And I saw a lot of other people had the same theory and it was sort of solidified to me throughout the season as we kept getting heavy screen time between Siddiq and Dante, this brand new out of the blue character who recently moved to Alexandria. How convenient! So there was no surprise to me about Dante being a Whisperer, though it was still a shock seeing Siddiq get killed, but not a surprise. Oh well, I guess analyzing the show too hard ruined the surprise for me LOL. Wonder what they’ll do with Dante, now that is something I’m interested in. I haven’t been following spoilers this season so I’m not sure what to expect next. RIP Siddiq (and Cheryl)!

Opening minutes for 10x08 answered some questions about Dante, in case you’re curious for more. Give it a watch.

12. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

The betrayal of the 'friendship' between dante and siddiq was gut wrenching . But i suppose the best spies go deep under cover and dante did his job well. I hate that character and wish him a slow tortured death.i did not see it coming but i should have. I have experienced people like dante in my personal life, they eventually want to be discovered or to give up the lies because it is exhausting to keep up that level of 24/7 deception for a long time.i think they get some perverse satisfaction seeing the confusion and hurt in their victims when they realise the spy has duped them.
    I want dante to be found out and dealt with soon.i suppose once siddiq's body is found dante will be exposed.i wonder if he planned his exit before murdering siddiq?
    Did he release negan from the cell?
    How often was he passing info to alpha? Did he mention
    Lydia being at alexandria?
    If he was informing to alpha, why was gamma sent to spy on aaron?this just feels like too much.spying overkill.

#32 Toothpick, Nov 18, 2019
  13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

As already mentioned above, perhaps one of the reasons why Dante is with the Whisperers is because his mind is already so screwed up. Maybe he was stationed in Iraq and was captured by ISIS to witness some live beheadings and the barn scene triggered his subconscious fear of his previous captors whose image is now projected onto Alpha?

BTW, why did Dante kill Cheryl? She was dying already and I see no reason to take the risk to kill her sooner.

• Like Like x 2
  14. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

That's an excellent question. It was such a savage, nasty thing to do. I guess he wanted to spread more panic, that someone has already DIED of the bug.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

That could be it, a good way to start picking people off one by one. Cheryl was seemingly all alone in that room and easier to conceal his act of suffocating her. Poor lady. Glad Dante didn’t get a chance to kill others at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I wonder why Siddiq wanted to tackle Dante alone in the room. It was not like Dante wanted to kill Siddiq at that moment in the room, thus leaving Siddiq no choice. Siddiq must know that he is unlikely to overcome Dante physically. Why not wait a little longer? Could it be that Siddiq has just come out of a horrible flashback that might have clouded his judgment? Or, maybe it is just bad writing?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

This show had to of broken the record for most medical people dying.

18. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

It could of been better, but I think it makes sense because he wasn't in the right frame of mind and he was coming off of the PTSD of realizing Dante is the one who made him look at his people being beheaded.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

But he was there for months wasn't he? Didn't he arrive right after the spike incident? That was prior to the Whisperers heading south for the winter and real northern winter months are far different from the ones I experience in the South.

So you're talking anywhere from Dec-March. That's plenty of time to get acclimated to a smaller different community in that universe. Hell it's only like what 50 - 100 people there tops?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I did not think he would be a traitor, just a shoe horned in Comic book char ;( Siddiw dying, I saw someone say that Carl died for nothing. Kinda true, the doctor in the community disappeared 1,5 season up to 2 later. Oh boy, being a doctor or "medical" crew in this show is dangerous. Is anyone still living?

But yeah, it would been bit more shady had I not known Dante from the comics.

I saw the trailer for 8! I be sure to watch it next monday and be all bitter about it all :D

• Like Like x 1