Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Siddiq's PTSD

Discussion in 'Episode 1001 - Lines We Cross' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Will there be ramifications? Is he gonna crack? Or for the more mindless of the trolls walking this basketball we call Earth..., this is a manifestation of his guilt for being a whisperer spy, right? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OH GAWD....between Enid the Spy and Siddiq the Spy one would think it could not get more ridiculous

But it can LOL

I am so uninformed in regard to what PTSD is. How it presents itself. Is it something that just fades with time? Does it require medication in order to deal with the symptoms?

How awful to be suffering with any type of mental illness in this world.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think they showed it pretty well in Siddiq. It can last the rest of your life, and involves constant memories and flashbacks of the event, anxiety, increased startle reflex, depression, trouble forming relationships, trouble concentrating and focusing on things like the spider, etc. You can treat it with antidepressants, anti-anxiety meds and group therapy.

Admitting he is really a whisperer spy will also be cathartic probably.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Someone in the group catches PTSD every season, it was just Siddiq's turn. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

What if it's not PTSD, but he actually did something that haunts him in exchange for his release?

May be they wanted to use his doctors surgical skills? What if he was the one who performed the post mortem beheadings and post mounting?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Siddiq was between a rock and a hard place. Surgical skill isn’t needed to behead a corpse and mount the head on a spike but it would be traumatic if he were forced to have done that deed as the last one standing. Any time spent with that crazy bitch alpha would give any one PTSD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I would argue the mounting could be tricky if too much penetration into the skull from the base could prevent the animation of the heads.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

If Alpha were standing over you with a great big knife, telling you to make sure you didn’t make them brain dead, I wager you’d find a way to do it, even if you had no medical skills.

9. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I have PTSD and I feel like they're presenting it accurately.
    You don't always know what might trigger you and when. Reality blurs and bends.
    It's a difficult thing to describe, but the way they are portraying it is pretty dead on for me.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Siddiq certainly has some dark history. Maybe he and Enid were the last 2 survivors in the barn after the struggle. Alpha gave him a choice of him being killed by her big knife or him beheading Enid and he chose to do the latter.

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

That is certainly very dark... but not beyond what Alpha might do:eek: