Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Siege of the Saviors

Discussion in 'Episode 807 - Time for After' started by Lindigo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

A siege can take a long, long time in a sensible fortress, but the Saviors are going down fast. They live in a place with no food supplies? They took so much from everyone they encountered, I don't understand why they don't have supplies.

Yes, they do have a lot of people, but If food is routinely in short supply for these thieves, why on earth have they not started growing crops and planting fruit and nut trees to supplement their thievery? They have workers/slaves for the manual labor.

Do they even have a water source?

2. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

Ummm, they have started growing crops. In the last episode, 806 (?), when the workers go upstairs to question what is going on with the defense of Sanctuary, one of the Lts says that the workers place is on the first floor or out in the gardens. But back to the point, they, the Saviors were probably so use to the trains running on time and having control of the herd, that they never thought about the possibility of a siege.

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Oh, thank you! I don't know why I pictured a lovely manicured French garden suitable for nice walks with a parasol. Derp. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. gavuk

gavuk Member

I guess they became complacent. They take a percentage (or everything) from everyone they see "whatever you have belongs to Negan" and their slaves/workers have to buy supplies from them.

On a more general level the Saviours compound ie home comfort, etc, etc is horrible compared to any others ie The Hilltop, Alexandria or even Woodbury. Why did Negan choose such a awful place (or conversely why didn't he simply move into one of the other places. Perhaps we'll hear in a flashback episode or perhaps a comic reader can enlighten us?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Simple. Negan chose Sanctuary because it has a big furnace to throw people into. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

You can even see said garden in 7x03, "The Cell"! I believe it's in the cold open, as Dwight gathers what he needs for THE perfect sandwich.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I kind of like the idea of an industrial space as comfort through safety myself.
    Places like this are natural barriers to evil ingress and just more substantial structures overall and are easier to setup to survive and defend all the way around.
    They seem to have power somehow and a source of flame for the furnace too in case you need to bake a doctor or something.

The Prison could have been even stronger if the walls and fences had been intact and the tunnels provide a lot of added safety and means in E & E if the need arises too.
    Concentric rings of protection and places to fall back or escape are all up there on my list of ideal hunker down spots.

I know I would feel a lot more comfy and homey if reasonably certain that I will not be eaten in my sleep......at least not without having to beg!