Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sigh

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by Dnae, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Dog will live forever!! Yes, that's how the show has always been. People die. And sometimes die randomly. That's why its exciting, because our favorite characters can die. If they didn't, it would be Inspector Gadget.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I suppose my love for one Mr. Paul "Jesus" Rovia is known far and wide :D

I agree with those who are presenting the "normalcy" of these deaths. I do not see them as pointless. Death will happen. It will be random. And in an effort to afford some semblance of realism death will not be choosy. Anyone is susceptible, at any time. Sadly it just happened to be one of my two favorite characters but I have pulled up my big girl funderpanties and am ready to carry on into season 9B.

• Like Like x 4
  3. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I was a bit shocked, but when he told the others to go on, my Spidey senses told me something might be up.

Is it weird that sitting there in my living room, watching that scene play out, I immediately thought of @Dnae - someone I've never met? ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Remember dog spelled backwards is god. God is the father of jesus, and Dog will revive him by barking at him.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. Andy

Andy Member

You go in to this show knowing that death itself is pretty much a major character of it's own. I accepted that when I started watching in season one. That whole concept is purely a side note. We've lost tons of characters I've loved along the way.

What hurts in this case is what a waste the show runners made of this character. They took what was, according to online research, a very popular and well loved character from the comics and did as little with him as possible on the TV show. He enters with a bang and then disappears for massive periods of time throughout the rest of his time on the show. What was the point?

I was a realist in regards to screen time because I know this show has a ton of characters. But I never expected this. I feel like I asked for so little and got even less than that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

@Dnae.

I'm sorry about the death of Jesus.

I enjoyed his introduction in the season 6 episode "The Next World". I laughed the same as all the other fans when Jesus hitched a ride on Rick's box truck, and then made Rick and Daryl chase him around a field in a scene that required the theme music to Benny Hill. :D

I'm grateful that Jesus risked his life to help Daryl break out of Sanctuary in the season 7 episode "Hearts Still Beating".

My only complaints about Jesus are when he suddenly became the group's newest moral authority and spent season 8 protecting Saviors, most of whom deserved to die. I think this was done to advance Morgan's character, and downplay the violent nature of the "All Out War" storyline.

We only got a few glimpses of Jesus' martial arts abilities from the comic books. Sadly, Jesus was yet another character whose potential was never fully realized. :(

#47 Rapscallion, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

You will get no argument from me in regard to the character of Jesus not being given the room to reach his potential. I have lamented this since the end of season 6.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andy

Andy Member

So I'm going to gripe about this one final time and then try to move on. The show runner, Angela Kang has given some eye rolling comments in trying to defend killing Jesus off.

This section from UPROXX in particular...

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/walking-dead-jesus-dead-defense/

"Tom Payne thought it was “unfair to the audience” to tease Jesus and Aaron’s relationship, only for one half of the would-be couple to die, but Kang explained that the “story we were telling on the show is there’s a friendship and a kinship between them. We didn’t want to automatically hook these characters up. They have a shared philosophy. It’s something we thought was an interesting story to tell. Friendships on this show are some of the deepest relationships we have.”

1. Of course you didn't want to automatically hook them up. But there are no other gay characters on the show to hook them up with....so how else exactly would a romance work...with anyone? And to say automatically would suggest they became a couple right away, seasons ago. Both had been on the show for years.

2. It's disingenuous to boast of "developing" a friendship between Aaron and Jesus, saying they have a shared philosophy, yadda, yadda, yadda when they never interacted until two episodes ago. Did they form a bond during the six year time gap? If so, it's lame to pat yourself on the back for "developing" a relationship where 99% of it wasn't shown to the viewers. If you wanted to tout their friendship, then you should have started one between them years ago. Maybe during the endless episodes where the characters were MIA?

I get that show runners have to release statements that are basically BS but I hope nobody actually bought this. While I admit they gave the character a good sendoff, it doesn't erase the fact that they never used him. It was more like a tease they were FINALLY going to start featuring him and then...oh, wait. He's dead now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I’m so not used to seeing you with a female avy. Lol

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LMAO....it is a different look for me!

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

When I first joined the forum the below meme was my avi for the longest time
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

So not even a Jesus memorial avi & sig...he dies and you're like:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Life goes on!
    [​IMG]

#55 Dnae, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Ice cold!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

In all fairness I have had months of mourning since finding about his death during the summer. Honestly now that it has actually happened it is almost a relief, waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop was agonizing. Not to mention all the wondering I was doing about is it true, is it not true. All the wishes I was offering up for it to be a mistake. I was TIRED!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. PepperAnn

I keep having to do a second look to who I’m reading. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. PepperAnn

Raps should tear a page from your book. Lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1