Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Silvia and The Rattlesnake Snap Beans

Discussion in 'Episode 901 - A New Beginning' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

A few tater toots:

When they were standing at the bridge, Rosita said that two hordes had recently converged and formed "Silvia", which was now somewhere near Route A. Before they merged one of them took out the bridge, taking the 'walkie repeater' with it. A repeater is something that can be placed at an elevated location and allow two stations somewhere on either side, who would usually be out of range to now communicate with each other. Its probably a way to explain in the future why communities who couldn't communicate before, now can.

So they are naming their herds like we name our hurricanes. If they are using the same alphabetical system, and skip Q like we do...they are on Major Herd # 18 :p.

The seeds in the museum that they found were Rattlesnake Snap Beans.

[​IMG]

"HEIRLOOM. Dark green and streaked with purple, the pretty and distinctive 7-8" pods are filled with light buff-colored seeds splashed with dark brown. Whether you harvest them as snap beans at about 60 days or as dry beans at about 90 days, you are assured excellent flavor. Vines, growing to 10', are drought-resistant."

When they were first entering the museum you can see the Georgia state seal, backwards from the viewpoint of the viewers. Either a mistake, or a purposeful nod to the actual state they were filming in.

I think they are building us up to discover Michonne was a lawyer. She was seen as educated and sophisticated, enjoying fine art and culture, in the S4 hallucination/flashback and she got stuck in a moment of reverie when she saw the Constitution related panel on the museum wall. Later in the episode she said she would write up a 'charter', and Rick said "not a constitution?"..."nope..a charter".

Tammy called Maggie a little girl. In fact, believe it or not, she is only 25 or 26 years old, in this episode, depending on her birthday.

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think they were trying to pass it off roughly as a DC Museum but of course it was shot in GA at the Georgia State Capitol Building,it was certainly pretty impressive I thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, maybe they even had an agreement that if they used the capitol building they'd leave the Georgia seal in somewhere. As for the name of the fictional museum, I didn't see one, but on the hanging banners it looked like one said "Mathesda" museum of fine arts, although you couldn't quite see all the letters. As far as I can tell there is no Mathesda Museum of Fine Arts, although the Bathesda Fine Arts is only 6 miles from the D.C. center.

4. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Thanks for the post. Alot of knowledge in those paragraphs, some of which slipped right over my head (ex: herd naming).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. tsahi

tsahi Member

I don't know why, maybe it was from TTD, I got the impression this was supposed to be the American History Museum, which is right on the mall.

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I either read or heard that this was the Georgia State House building in real life and it was posing as a Museum on the Mall in D.C.

7. Neuropyramidal

Its definitely on or near the mall because you can see the Washingtom monument and the capitol building not long before they reach the museum. And yeah it is in real life the GA state capitol building

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly didn't Norman mention that Nathan Deal wander in while they were shooting and act just like a normal fan or something too?

"Yo Daryl Sup?"

• Like Like x 2