Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Discussion Single player vs multi - how realistic can it be?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by adena, May 29, 2014.

1. adena

adena New Member

I get asked this a good bit and I have always been fond of Call of Duty so I tell people like it is, and explain they are more than welcome to play along side me for their own first hand experience. Why is it though that so many people complain it is not realistic?

2. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

i stopped explaining this game to friends a long time ago.
    the only ones who get this and us are other gamers.:tape::tape::tape:

3. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Some videogames strive to be as realistic as possible. CoD is not one of those games. When it comes to FPS games, if you make them too realistic, they wouldn't be even half as much fun as they are now...

4. adena

adena New Member

I think I am ready to give up telling people about it because it is so tedious now that I should just wear a sign instead. I am pretty sure this is my favorite FPS game but seeing as many people lean towards one game genre over another it is like an uphill battle putting it into works for non-FPS people.

5. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

CoD's TTK is probably the most realistic thing about the game. Its single player can be as unrealistic as it wants, but the "unrealism" has to be toned down in multiplayer for balance reasons.

6. kaineparker

kaineparker New Member

It's definitively hard to be realistic in shooters. No one can still keep running after they take a bullet to the chest, but if shooters were realistic, people would be dying way to quick and matches would be over in a few minutes.

7. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

FPS games will never be realistic. If they were, they wouldn't be any fun. Every FPS game does it differently, but they each try to maintain some form of realism somewhere within the game...

8. kaineparker

kaineparker New Member

^Exactly. It's a genre that's way too hard to make realistic. Which is why I think these mech shooters are kind of getting popular. It's a bit more believable that they can take 20 shots and still be running around fighting back.

• Like Like x 1
  9. secretlytaco

secretlytaco Member

Someone should just make an FPS game where you fall to the ground when you're shot in the leg and whatever ,just to show people that they're really not going to be that good .-. Some people just won't believe they wont be fun until they see one and don't enjoy it

• Like Like x 1
  10. secretlytaco

secretlytaco Member

No I've been shot in the leg! Somebody help me! noo!!!! waffles waffles waffles tasty waffles!

When I die I want my last words to be about waffles