Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Size and Scope of the War

Discussion in 'Episode 803 - Monsters' started by No.Pantaloons, Nov 6, 2017.

1. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Alright, I may have missed this point, but have they ever established what Rick's group is actually up against? I know there are supposed to be "numerous" saviors, but how much if any do they outnumber Rick's group? Rick's coalition includes three decent sized colonies in Alexandria, Hilltop and the Kingdom. How much remaining territory do the Saviors control? Are they they better equipped? Everybody seems to have automatic assault rifles with endless ammunition... The Saviors used to bully those colonies for supplies. So are they struggling for food and medicine now?

In the early going, the Saviors seem like complete pushovers. I'm sure next week we'll see King Zek swallow crow and all that, but so far, it doesn't seem like Rick and Co. are in any particular danger.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

At first I was delighted that they weren't going to have a planning scene to tell us what was going to happen for All Out War, but now I think that was because they didn't have a plan. It feels like I'm just watching a lot of spur of the moment crashing around.

3. Sully

Sully Active Member

The plan is pretty clear.

They're doing divide and conquer. They cut off/distracted the sanctuary and all of its main leaders with the walker herd.

Then they all spread out and take out all of Negan's outposts and support.

Now there won't be much left. Negan might take care of the walkers at the sanctuary, but all his outposts are gone and his empire has dwindled dramatically.

Had they shot Negan where everyone wanted them too without taking out his outposts, then they'd still be up against his entire army.

People think with Negan down all the Saviors would just stop being assholes. That's not how it works. Daryl said it in the middle of season 7, it's not just about getting by it's about getting ahead there. If Negan died someone would step up and be the next Negan. Like Adolf Hitler.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Great explanation!

They also have intel from Dwight, who drew them maps of each outpost and let them know where guns were taken, etc. as well as the stolen radio so they can hear the saviors' dialogue. Aside from a few hiccups that are bound to happen, i think they had a pretty solid plan.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thank you! Have they succeeded in taking out all of the outposts except the group that took out the Kingdom with the missing machine guns? Even now, understanding the general plan, I can't play back the "crashing around" in my mind well enough to know. Have we seen stray free stragglers at most of the taken outposts? I would expect some outpost Saviours to luck out.

The POW group would have grown thinner if I had been on the trek. Everyone who smirked or taunted--BANG--not a promising candidate for consolidating.

Okay, it would be tactically stupid to destroy the potential trust of the other Saviours while on the walk, but I would mark those to be culled.

I started with the premise that the majority of the Saviours don't want to live bleak subservient lives, but I have come around to the view that it would be saner to take them out.

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I had this EXACT same thought process (in bold) lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Rick is up against about 450.000 psychopaths, soccer moms turned crazy and biker gangs. With Spy satellites and industrial tier vehicles. They also produce their own high tier weaponry in the Negan Inc factory. He used to have over half a million, close to three quarters of one million but Carol, Daryl and Rick alone pretty much took out a few hundred thousand before Glenn and Abraham got killed. Rumours speak of a clone facility under atleast 50% up to 85% of the outposts.

Or that is how it felt over the seasons when Saviours started to show up for me. In the comics they are many but conveniently lack fire arms in big numbers which gives them a weakness.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

From these 2 past episodes, we see the number of men and outposts that these saviours have. Why the Oceanside women do not want to fight them is now more easily understandable.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Big chicken dinner winner!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. beergenius

beergenius New Member

Had they shot Negan where everyone wanted them too without taking out his outposts, then they'd still be up against his entire

I'm pretty sure Rick was trying to kill Negan at the Sanctuary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I do my best to track the number of survivors in each community and let me tell you, there's a shit ton of Saviors! Lol. If I had to guess, counting main cast, minor cast, and all the extras (recurring + one-timers), I would say upwards to 400 people. That's a lot. Includes the workers which may account for 50 total?

So far, I've counted up to 110+ Savior deaths since 8x01. Like damn lol.

Quick breakdown:
    17 Saviors killed in 8x01
    About 40 Saviors killed at outpost in 8x02 and 03
    About 35-40 Saviors killed by the Kingdommers in 8x03
    At least 18 Saviors killed at satellite outpost + 3 POWs in 8x02 and 03.

Phew!

But now casualties are mounting for the militia... Francine, Eric, Andy, Freddie + a dozen Alexandrians. Not even counting the Kingdommers yet. Gotta be like 30-40 in that group. RIP Daniel and Alvaro?

12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Damn, you're good. Lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Is there a spy in team Rick? How did negan know where to move the big guns the day before?
    And move them to the exact place to where Ezekiel was going to be
    AND what exactly did he see to give the warning to his people? I keep watching that scene and I can't see anything.
    ANYONE?

14. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I'm lost on that too. I looked back at 3 times and saw no movement in the window or on the roof.

There could be a spy in Rick's camp. No idea who it could be though. Getting those weapons would have been a major win for Rick's group. So something is going on.

15. PepperAnn

I thought I saw faint movement in the window.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can see the tip of the gun pointing out through the slats.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PepperAnn

I'll watch again with binoculars. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Neuropyramidal

Ok, but this time I'm keeping my back towards the window when I step out of the shower!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I must've missed it through my beer goggles, I must upgrade to binoculars too. And lay off the beer for the next ep.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Neuropyramidal

^^^ Ok, now I'm showering in boxers.

• Funny Funny x 1