Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sneak Peek

Discussion in 'Volume 16: A Larger World' started by marsyao, Apr 16, 2012.

1. marsyao

marsyao Member

I remember him, looks like either Jesus lied to Rick for whatever reason or it is a mistake from author side.

2. marsyao

marsyao Member

It will be a shame if this does happen, among all the walking dead comic character, I like Andrea most. And there is an online rumor, someone finds Andrea on the cover of the issue 100, though I try but fail to find her.

3. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Naw, the person their referring to on the cover of issue 100 is Carol layin dead with Tyrese.

4. Peanut Q. Public

its not Carol. if its not Andrea then its gotta be Amy.

5. marsyao

marsyao Member

Now I see it,but the thing is she wears kind of a uniform

6. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Possible, all I know is it's not Andrea.

7. Negan

Negan Active Member

Remember when the new illustrator replaced the old, Amy was already dead so their interpretations might be different. Leave it as Amy or Andrea.

8. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

It's not Andrea, why would they give away the up coming death of an important group member?

9. Peanut Q. Public

because they are evil bastards who hate us and want to trick us. like with Sophia. i was so convinced that she was alive just cuz of reading the comics. Dale too. would never have seen it coming without reading the spoilers. i still held out hope though. even until i watched the scene. as soon as i saw him out by himself in the foggy field i knew but i held out hope a while. because i just didn't think they could do that. and they do. and i love them for it as i hate them.

10. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Slow down a little, we're talking about the comics here and not the TV series. Dale was killed off the TV series because Jeffery DeMunn wanted off the show for example. The comic is a total different beast. Their not going to give anything away before it's time.

11. marsyao

marsyao Member

It is possible that they are deliberately doing this, that lady could be Carol, Amy or Andrea, if Andrea get kill off, they would say "Ha, I told you so in the cover already!"
    Let us be serious, we are told issue 100 would be a bloodbath, no matter who win the war between Rick's group and Saviors, we should expect some important member of Rick's group will die, after excluding all kind of small potatoes, we could conclude a small list: Rick, Carl, Andrea,Michonne,Glenn and Abram, among them, let me say Rick himself and Carl will be safe, about Abram, I don't know, he is an important and distincter character, but he is a late comer, we have not built strong emotional tie with him as we have with those original group members. Then I don't think they will kill of Michonne, they just introduce her into TV show, I do not think Mr Kirkman would risk upsetting TV viewer so soon, so I predict Michonne will be safe for at least one TV season.
    Then Andrea and Glenn is most likely being killed off, I like both characters, but I think between these two, Andrea will be on the top of the black list, because recently she became much closer to Rick aka "black widower", and her death would have much more impact to Rick. I really really wish I was wrong.

#31 marsyao, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  12. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I guess we'll see what happens.

13. ZombieFlanders

Not saying this isnt the Deal just that isnt exactly what i'd call a fair trade. And my guess is Nobody in Hilltop would do so. Maybe Negan killed thousands of Roamers, good for him, everyone needs a Hobby, but how is this my Concern if im sitting Safe and Happy behind this wall. Sure their to weak to defend against maniac supressors but as long as they dont atract a HUGE horde of Roamers it should be okay.

Taking this in acount id say Violence is the only way for Negan to keep these People from growing a new set of spine and finally decide to fight for their own freedom. About a garisson, if i were Negan the last thing i wanted is my Fighters to experience the Peacefull life in Hilltop and come to the conclusion its better to live with them than Rob em.

I'm with you that they re too trusty in Rick, they cant be sure if hes even worse than Negan. Although i cant see him trying to take over Hilltop.

14. marsyao

marsyao Member

The larger community, the more people live in there, the more noise they will make, and the more dead they will attract, It will be Negan's interest to keep hilltop safe so that they can keep paying tax, if hilltop get overwhelmed by the walkers, his group will loss his most important source of food supply, why would he be afraid letting his men see the life inside the hilltop? If this is the case, why would not Negan move his entire group into the hilltop? They are Lords, hilltop people are their subjects, they do not know how to farm themselves. I guess Negan would be afraid his men become too soft
    Of course Rick wants to take over the hilltop, do you see his speech at the end of the issue, he "sees" hilltop is the future, he wants to train the resident into an army, with it he could rebuilt the civilization in his vision. The peaceful life for the hilltop people will soon be over.

#34 marsyao, Apr 20, 2012
  15. ZombieFlanders

Ok i think we wont come together in the "Would Hilltop have Survived on its own?" Question, maybe worth its own tread.
    Situation in the Hilltop could be quite simillar, one Group saying we need Negan and others who think they could defend.
    Moving in the whole group, well thats what i would do if i were Negan, a small garrison would eventualy start empathysing with the Farmers as they know em better and end up Helping them against Negan.
    Bout Rick, i dont see him taking over the Hilltop by force. Wont be necesary in my Opinion. Once Negans gone Rick and his Group have so much to offer in terms of skill. Helping them to secure their Suroundings, train fighters, keeping trade Routes clear... think Rick and his Group will become a vital part of the Trade Network in no time. Thus he will be in charge as soon as the shit goes down

#35 ZombieFlanders, Apr 20, 2012
  16. marsyao

marsyao Member

It is not just about "Would Hilltop have Survived on its own?", it is about hilltop do not have to defend themselves and spend all their time inside the wall and live a life similar with the life before the ZA, if large amount of walkers surrounded the hilltop, like what happened in the prison, do you really think the residents could be remain cool enough to build things now they have inside their community?
    About "Helping them to secure their Suroundings, train fighters, keeping trade Routes clear... think Rick and his Group will become a vital part of the Trade Network in no time." yes, Rick has a similar plan, but Rick is not that unselfish, that new world must be under his control, and this could be done in a nice way or it could be done a hard way, Rick did both before. And in order to achieve these,people will have a hell to pay, they need to fight a war, not only against the savior, but also against threat from both walkers and other malicious groups. After live a peaceful life for so long, would hilltop people do that? Now they have to pay tax to Saviors but in exchange they do not have to fight anyone. If this changes, many of their people will die before any "new world order" is established, and in this war, do you think Rick's group will fight for free? I could see hilltop has to pay even heavier tax to Rick's group before things have a remote chance to get better.
    Another though, I am rather surprised that no one talked about it before, all information of Savior we know is come from Hilltop, are we that sure Jesus is telling the whole story? is it possible that hilltop is hiding something? I understand why Rick so eagerly jumps into this, I guess he does not really care how bad Negan's group is, this scenario fit his vision, hilltop is a future too good to miss, and in order to achieve this, fighting a war against Savior is a price worth to pay. Though I do hope Rick would keep a coll head, first thing he should do is to find out the strength of the Savior before any real battle begin.

#36 marsyao, Apr 20, 2012
  17. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I am predicting this is going to be a tough fight.
    Also, I wonder if Kirkmam has more plans for Jesus, I really like him, one of my favourites for sure.

However, I can't help but thinking the next arcs will end up with the death of Rick or Andrea...

18. Negan

Negan Active Member

Rick
    Rick
    Rick
    Rick

[​IMG]

19. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I still veemently think Rick is gonna die soon...

It would be a hell of a twist, but Rick's character is so deteriorated at this point. There's very little Kirkman can do to him at this point. Andrea dying is pointless for Rick's development, since he already lost his wife, baby, a new woman he was starting to love, Carl getting heaviy injured.

I don't know, unlike you guys that think Andrea is going to die, I have my money on Rick.

20. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I have entertained the idea of Rick dying and figured it will happen when ever Carl is ready to take over the group.