Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sneak Peeks and Promos for 4-8

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - Too Far Gone' started by Tony Davis, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

True. I know someone who doesn't even want to watch the upcoming episode promos because they want to see the entire episode without even seeing the smallest scenes. Yet, these type of previews are all over TV and the internet so someone like that has to be particularly careful.

What I find strange this season though is that AMC has put out very different sneak peeks for the US and internationally. The international ones have been much more revealing than the ones we get here. Then they seem surprised when this stuff comes back around to the American audience and we see the videos pulled from Youtube. Odd.

2. Mello

Mello Member

She's not jesus.

3. SZQ

SZQ Member

I appreciate the conversation letting me know that Sneak Peeks are not short, 30-second previews that reveal nothing. I've learned a valuable lesson not to click on the vids whether they are labeled are not. Thanks for the schooling.

No harm, no foul.

#83 SZQ, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

[MENTION=2866]Komodia[/MENTION] & [MENTION=13931]SZQ[/MENTION], It doesn't require spoiler tags since the title of the thread states Sneak peek and this video is a TV commercial for the next episode from AMC..

A sneak peek is always going to give you additional information..

5. skittlesloli

skittlesloli Member

It's a TV commercial? How can you tell?
    I mean, I just don't see how AMC would want to play one 90 second scene such as this as a commercial.
    Do you have a source for this? Like a video without subtitles and with the AMC/TWD splash screen?

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Despite any likely sarcasm AMC does release these around 2 minute sneak peeks every week. They have been doing it the entire time. Sneak Peek is the proper official term. 30 seconds can show the same stuff.

7. SZQ

SZQ Member

My post was sincere. I have never seen the 2-minute sneak peeks before this one.

#87 SZQ, Dec 1, 2013
  8. Komodia

Komodia Member

Additional information doesn't necessarily mean spoiler. Its the context of that information. Even if you read articles about an episode that hasn't aired they'll warn the readers that it may contain spoilers. I don't get why people have such a hard time of being polite and adding a simple spoiler tag if others have felt this contains too much of spoiler information.

#88 Komodia, Dec 1, 2013
  9. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

This is the TWD commercial being screened in Australia and New Zealand.. I've seen this promo on the FX channel on foxtel all week..

Another NZ TV promo for this episode:(Be warned, this promo contains even more spoilers!!)
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17tf3f_the-walking-dead-4-08-nz-promo_shortfilms

Fox Latin America (with the same footage from this threads video)
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17poga_the-walking-dead-4x08-promo-fox-latinoamerica_shortfilms

Another AMC promo from the AMC site with even more spoiler scenes
    [video=youtube_share;39quaDSMmGM]http://youtu.be/39quaDSMmGM[/video]

These are the same sneak peeks that have been available for every episode since the first episode of season 1..

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

If you don't want to know additional information, don't click on the sneak peeks..

Of course sneak peeks are going to have what you consider spoilers, but what everyone else considers as a teaser trailer..

11. HershelsGoodLeg

They usually come out with them a couple days before the new episode airs. Its usually a video of the part of the episode that come on before the intro.

12. skittlesloli

skittlesloli Member

We are talking about this video, right?

13. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;mmJYwMB_BlM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmJYwMB_BlM&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLP63B9XPsQt390PW9xZUSwOILzNP3stO7[/video]

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If you click on something that says sneak peek and then get upset that you saw something you didn't want to see....

You're an idiot.

That is all.

#94 Neuropyramidal, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014