Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So Aaron is just out trolling for survivors?

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by RoboLives, Feb 23, 2015.

1. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Rick is mental but he should distrust some guy that is 60 miles from his camp with just his partner, with no way to communicate with each other, driving a caddy and an RV, who have been following them in order to bring them to their compound. Really!
    Two wimpy barely armed guys are out recruiting people to come live in their super secure well supplied compound!
    Doesn't make any sense.

#1 RoboLives, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  2. EnglishLad96

EnglishLad96 Member

I'm pretty sure Rick did distrust him, which is why he almost broke his jaw XD and took a long time to be convinced to 'trust' Aaron
    :hatchet:

3. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

Maybe that's why they are out looking for some super tough survivors, they have everything they need but muscle and firepower.

4. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

The community is risking their safety and sharing resources with strangers, so I would wonder...'what's the catch? what do you need more people for?" The Governor, the Termites and Dawn took people in too, but they all had their own agenda for doing so. I would have shared in Rick's suspicion.

5. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Seems like the community sends people out to find new members who can help strengthen their community. They watch them first to make sure they have skills and are the kind of people that they would want to have in the community. Smart.

6. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

It's a strange set up. I don't read the comics so at this stage don't know who Aaron actually is. But like Rick I wouldn't trust Aaron as far as I could throw him.

He seems like all the others guys. The Governor, the guy who ate Bob's leg. That woman at the Terminus.

They're all nuts!

7. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

I imagine they're group is a lot like the Termites were before they took in the wrong people. The only difference is they've smartly been a little more selective in who they invite into their compound. But they are probably also pretty naive to what the world is really like outside of their walls. Their recruiting efforts have likely been confined to a small area with which they are very familiar. And they've been fortunate there has to this point been no large, violent groups of human survivors operating in the area.

8. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Yes, this is very true. They are basically the Termites if the Termites hadn't been abducted, raped, and tortured.

9. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

As we have seen there is no shortage of bad guys and crazy's gallivanting around the countryside. It makes sense that a couple people would patrol a 100 mile radius around their community to find out who is out there. They gain information about the bad guys and strengthen their community with the good guys. They have followed Rick and group long enough to know they are mean and tough - the best kind of good guys to have around.

These little pods of people are not going to last forever. They will group together and form little tribes/communities - and then they will fight for resources - so it is smart to increase your numbers.

10. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

But what happens when someone wants what they have? I am curious about how they were able to reinforce their walls to that magnitude - is there any non-spoilery way to describe how they were able to make this community so safe? You can only keep the baddies out for so long, I would think.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I agree that trolling around so far from their base and following people for many days, while living in a Za, is testing the boundaries of credibility. I think it would be more believable if they went out maybe 10 miles from their base. Or if they found a spot of high ground where they could observe a highway or two with binoculars. Then if they see someone, try to observe and listen to them for a bit. But people leaving the safe zone for weeks at a time for this recruitment process is not altogether logical.

12. Neuropyramidal

Well, without trying to spoil much....we really don't know yet that it is safe. All we know is that a group of somewhat sheltered naïve people THINK it is safe. :p

But yeah, Aaron and Eric's mission does increase the chances of them bringing a baddie into the fold. And I agree there is strength in numbers, but this will also bring in 15 more mouths to feed. And the resources they would need, all the gas Aaron and Eric would need. They could use that gas for more vital scavenging trips. If I was the leader of ASZ, I don't think i'd approve this program. I think I would have more of a policy of just slowly scavenging farther and farther out, and if we happen to run into another group while scavenging, then hide and try to observe them a bit. If they seem cool, possibly invite them in. But trips specifically designed to go WAY out just looking for people. Nah.

13. VickGrimes

Agreed - you know I love me some TWD, but I do find the scouting missions to be rather silly. I am having a hard time suspending disbelief that Aaron and Eric are out caravaning during the ZA, with the ability to track, listen to, spy on, etc our group filled with hardened survivors, experienced trackers, and generally suspicious people (wouldn't they realize they were being followed?). It seems too easy. I know this will all ultimately be explained, but these are my feelings based on what we know now.

I plan on watching the episode again when I get home from work, but did he say something like the walls were 20 feet thick? I assume then that this was an existing structure, because I can't imagine them constructing something like this with their limited resources.

14. TheTunnelRunner

You're right. It doesn't make any sense that 2 guys would be that far away from their base, surviving zombie herds, in two gas guzzling vehicles, with one weapon, apparently using only tractors as means of camouflage, etc. How could they clear a whole route anyway, when the dead WALK in all directions?

#14 TheTunnelRunner, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  15. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Good point!

16. BarbDwyer

I'm pretty sure that is not disclosed and left up to our imaginations. Or magic. I bet we see them working on it etc. but not really building from the ground up.

[​IMG]

17. Neuropyramidal

It did kind of sound like he was saying they were that thick, but what he actually meant was that the panels were 15 feet tall and 12 feet wide. They are like an inch or two thick. And actually, frames that were taller than they are wide, would be a bit unstable.

And yeah, its also a bit of a stretch that they would follow Rick's group for several days [Ross said in an interview they actually followed them for 2 weeks]. If you can't tell sooner than that whether the group is trustworthy, then that means they are probably not trustworthy lol. Do Aaron and Eric have advanced autism? These were people passing a freaking baby back and forth. After about 3 hours of observing them, I would have been like "ok, go talk to them, Aaron. They're good.".

18. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Oh I get it now, go out with a caddy and a big RV with no walkie talkies and follow people to see if they will fit in with your group. But if a small pine tree blocks the road then your stuck. Then one of you approach them with some photos of some sort of compound and some homemade applesauce and say hey wanna live with us:)
    Kinda lame.

19. BarbDwyer

Pudding would have been a smarter choice.

20. VickGrimes

And they were minimally armed, right? If life out on the road is so easy, then why are we concerned about our group at all? I'm being sarcastic, of course, because even with our strength in numbers and plethora of weapons, we are still finding ourselves in constant danger.