Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So, about Martin...

Discussion in 'Episode 501 - No Sanctuary' started by Lxwad, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Redimet

Redimet Member

It is a toss up I will be very upset if Matrin is alive though will just have to wait and see. It could make for an interesting story line if Tyreese got someone killed because of weakness or maybe they are recycling a storyline from the comics that they never did for down the line and this is showing that Tyreese can be a monster foreshadowing a darker scene to come. Gimple has said there was one scene from the comic they never got to do but that he would like to do it and i think I know what that scene is and think he will have it happen this season.

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think Martin was just trying to save his own ass and is a smartass too.
    He seems to get the irony and tragedy of the entire world they now live in and also realized he was tied up in that cabin with a huge and powerful looking guy and likely will suffer for it too.
    There seemed to be a running car right there and I was enticed to grab the baby and leave and I imagine he thought The Hammer might be too?
    I doubt most of us would survive the blows Ty was reigning down on that puny wimp?
    I think he just didn't want anyone else to see the pulp that was left of the Termites head......but I have also been wrong here before!

Long Live The Hammer!

3. Lxwad

Lxwad Member

I thought giving him Judith's name was a bit iffy myself. But I also thought that it may just save her life, because knowing her name would make her more human.

4. Busted Flipflop

I assumed that he was telling Tyreese to leave with the car so that he had a chance to escape/live.

And I agree about his annoying gum chewing. It was sooo incredibly loud! lol

5. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Theseare my thoughts too. Ty was in the midst of a rage. He might be squeemish sometimes, but he's not helpless. We saw what happened after Karen was killed.

6. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

As much as I want to believe that, I don't think it's that easy. Why in the hell would he suddenly decide to try and ''kidnap'' the baby if he want to let them live. It's not like the negotiations were already done, it just suddenly happened. Perhaps the guy was trying to act nice so he could create the opportunity to get out? I really don't think it was as simple as wanting Tyreese to live. Maybe his goal was to split up Carol and Tyreese? That could also be a possibility

7. bloodymary

bloodymary New Member

I think he did not kill him. And in comic-con trailer there is a man standing behind Gareth that has ring on a finger, tahat like just like Martin's ring.

8. redundant_rage

redundant_rage New Member

Any of us would say anything to convince someone to let us go in that situation.

The only reason Martin was there was to show the inner struggle going on within Tyreese. He worked through them, went full on beast mode, and killed a bunch of walkers, and probably mangled Martin. If he didn't mangle martin then he will show up with a group of people from Terminus somewhere else.

He vocalized Tyreese's thoughts. Since it is difficult to show ones inner struggles in a TV show, vs a book. I doubt we see Martin again.

The katana will show up in another way.

9. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

He was in desperation mode and said whatever he could to save his own ass. "take the car and go". Wouldn't you say that if you wanted to get free?

10. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I was just watching NCIS.. and I was like damn this guy looks familiar... Over halfway through I realize it was the actor who played Martin! Just had to post this somewhere...