Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So Daryl got him Killed?

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by forceten, Oct 24, 2016.

1. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I agree, I saw Daryls attack more as trying to help Rosita, who seemed about to loose it (and that would have made Negan angry and someone would probably had to pay for that). I don't think, that any of them can be blamed - I didn't read the whole Negan storyline, but from what I get from the comics, he is a pretty sadistic guy at times and doesn't need much reason for violence. And it seems, they'll go the same route with TV-Negan, so I'm pretty sure, there would have been a death with or without Daryl.

2. raccoon city

raccoon city Member

Glenn had a death coming for evading the grim reaper in season 6. Daryl was just the one to activate it.

3. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

You are right on alot of points here. But that should have been Daryl's reaction too no? Despite being a hothead, despite the guilt he's suffered and the many losses he's suffered, because of THAT, one would think that out of all of them, HE would know best that to attack when your loved ones/family are on their knees with guns pointed at them, after seeing another member get brutally killed, would be futile. Sasha, after the loss of Bob, then Tyrese and now Abe, and after suffering PTSD, would have been more plausable to have gotten up to try to attack Negan. Would she have done it consciously? Hell no! But in my opinion, would have made that scene and thus the lead up to Glenn being punished, something we would not have expected. I understand shock and i more then get that the majority of them were frightened to death. BUT, everyone has a breaking point and they did spend alot of time in S6B playing up Sasha's mental state. She's an awesome acress and i really feel that she may have been a better choice then Daryl. Really, my main reasoning is that the "guilt" thing with his character has been done to death. (excuse the pun - none intended)

4. Monitor Man

Monitor Man Member

It was completely his fault.

Him not caring about Negan's threat to remove Carl's other eyes was very idiotic as well.

5. WingedCherokee

I think we'll see some major manipulation skills from Negan towards Daryl and in turn I think we'll see Daryl swung completely off kilter, I wouldn't be surprised if Negan's manipulation is partially successful (even if just temporarily)....imagine how gut wrenching that would be for us viewers and Rick and the group to watch as Daryl seemingly becomes one of the Saviours. I think Carol will play a huge part in bringing Daryl back (physically and figuratively).

I believe Negan killed Abe first off because he could see Abe would not back down and he would be more trouble than he would be worth (sheer strength and stubborn nature) and for the fact Negan mentioned taking out Rick's "right hand man" in a way to break Rick. Abe would look to anyone to be the obvious choice for a brute force type right hand man.

I believe Glenn would have been killed either way and it wasn't just because of Daryl's outburst. Negan had been eyeing and observing the group and it was obvious from Glenn's reaction that he was with Maggie....so taking out one of a "pairing" would have a huger impact on the group than taking out a "lone wolf" member like Eugene. Negan is clearly very methodical in his evilness and wanted Daryl to believe he was responsible for Glenn's death, I think he will play a lot on this in regards to his manipulation with Daryl.

6. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I blame Daryl for Negan killing Glenn.

Negan is a man of his word and clearly had no reason to kill anyone else when he already had the advantage of having the group kneeling down in front of him, they were already submissive. He stated the "first one is free" although Rick's group slaughtered several of his men. He stated his rules, stated one of you is going to be killed and that's exactly what he did. Daryl's emotions as usual got the best of him and it cost them Glenn.

The same way he ran to save Beth on his own without telling anyone...Daryl was being Daryl.

Some people may read this as a slight against him and rightfully so but I do love his character cause I have that same "fight vs flight" gene but at the same time that wasn't the moment to display it considering his condition along with Negan's rules.

Not to mention the other numerous times he's pulled a Houdini on death... Well walker, walker flu, prison escape with Tara, surrounded by tunnel walkers, surrounded by ASZ walkers, under the dumpster walkers...

#26 WillyJakkz, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  7. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

I soooooooo agree.

8. Chiron

Chiron Member

oh my goodness. I am very sorry. How horrific.

I am a huge Daryl fan and bear no ill will. That was just Daryl. In epi A he offered his life to save Rick, Carl n Michonne. " You want blood take it from me man"

His guilt is like Maggie's grief. They keep pressing on it unending. If anybody was going to have a go at Negan for maybe being about to kill Rosita ( she was numb with grief and not looking despite Negan shouting at her) it was going to be him. Negan himself said he has guts. And yes Negan clocked Glenn n Maggie from minute one and was always going to whack him. The Sick F.

Adding that someone made the astute observation (sorry forgot who posted it) that Negan FMJ him - that was exactly how that s&$t went down.

#28 Chiron, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Darylette

Darylette Member

Daryls reaction makes perfect sense. In traumatic situations people do crazy things And just **** up. I really don't think anyone will hold it against him.

10. John_t

John_t New Member

Doesn't really make sense that Negan killed Glenn for Daryl's outburst. Abraham got picked, because he stood up against N. at the end of the last season. Direct punishment. Doesn't make sense that Daryl would get spared in lieu of a random pick for the second kill. This was a pure shock and awe choice by the writing team. Although it was kind of obvious as Glenn was shown in the background, lurking his head up just before N. turned around. It's too bad that a more established character was sacrificed instead of the more recent useless/peripheral characters. Just for the sake of shocking the audience. OK, we get it, Negan is a very bad guy.

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Kinda surprised to see so many defending him. I feel like if a less popular character had done it, they'd be being hated on to hell. But Daryl? Noooooo, he's perfect, he was just defending his friends!!!!!

Yeah, when I'm surrounded by a group of armed hostiles, completely weaponless and helpless, and they've just executed one of my friends and could kill the rest of us in seconds if we don't cooperate, I always decide the best method of defending my friends is to jump up and PUNCH THE LEADER OF THE GUYS WHO COULD ****ING MURDER US ALL IN AN INSTANT

12. BlackLightning

^ Yeah I agree.

What Daryl did was stupid. And also very sad.

Self-control and the ability to know when to act and when not to act (also known as neutral jing ;) ) is a virtue.

13. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

You forget, daryl can do no wrong. According to his fans.

14. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Blaming Daryl for being a hothead and lashing out without thinking is like blaming a compass for pointing north. The group is lucky there weren't any squirrels around to throw at Negan. ;)

15. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

No, Daryl did not get Glenn killed. Glenn was killed from his actions last season - don't forget he lunged at Negan whilst he taunted Maggie.

I predicted these two deaths and not surprised they went that way.

16. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Daryl was not to blame for Glenn's death. Negan was. No one else.

Negan's mind games are designed to make everyone believe it was Daryl's "fault". It wasn't.
    Negan chose to kill a second person himself.
    He chose to swing the bat at Glenn.
    Nobody else made him.

17. WingedCherokee

Yes, this exactly! What I was trying to explain in my comment :)

18. forceten

forceten Member

Can you imagine if Gabriel did it, or spencer or even morgan!

19. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

God.
    If Morgan had done it, this thread would be 95% posts about how he's an awful character and Glenn's death was all his fault and he needs to be killed off immediately. And there'd be 60 million Morgan hate articles floating around.

Daryl's an aggressive idiot who lacks have any self-control and Glenn died because of that. I hope Maggie executes him.

20. zero7starz

zero7starz Member

Daryl's outburst prompted Negan to kill a second person.
    I feel like Negan chose Glenn because he was the first to have an outburst.
    If Daryl hadn't reacted, I feel like Glenn would still be alive. I kind of blame him, but I'm just mad Glenn is gone. I also feel like if Glenn had never reacted, Negan may have chosen someone else (like Rosita.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk