Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So Daryl got him Killed?

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by forceten, Oct 24, 2016.

1. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I highly doubt it. In fact, if the writers follow a path of Daryl experiencing extreme guilt/remorse over Glenn's death, then he will undoubtedly become even more popular with his fan base.

2. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Plus, I'm sure that what was going through Daryl's head was nothing but pure rage, and he expected that he would die in his effort, not anyone else. It was Negan who decided to kill another person because of Daryl's actions (a very tyrannical/dictatorial move); no one would have expected this.

3. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

II think the only one that will blame Daryl is Daryl himself. As far as not not being a fan favorite after this I highly doubt it. His fan base goes pretty deep so when he does go I don't believe it will be due to what happened in the episode and losing fans.

4. Zombombie

Zombombie Member

So some people are pissed at Daryl for "getting Glenn killed", but why are people not mad at Rick? Daryl didnt know what the consequence of hitting Negan would be, where as Rick did when he was in the RV andyet still tried to attack Negan with the axe, which could have got even more of the group killed.

5. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

There are a lot of viewers who watch the show just for Daryl, Whether they kill him or "get the viewers not to like him" the result would be that they wouldn't tune into the show. I don't think AMC will ever allow this until maybe the last season.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Sasha would've been a good choice but I think Carl would too. He already looked at Negan full of hate so I could see him attempting to attack him too.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

If we have to sit through more scenes of Daryl sitting around mumbling about his man pain I swear to god...

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Maybe he'll burn himself with cigarettes again.

While covered in gasoline.

9. Mello

Mello Member

AMC just doesn't have the balls. If they did, they would've killed Daryl instead of Abe.

10. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm a bit salty about that, considering Abe really could have shined during the Negan arc

11. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I'm not going to be able to watch him grunt, mumble and ugly cry throughout this season. AMC, please make him a character with an actual story line or kill him. I really liked him in seasons 1 and 2. But, it's been downhill from there.

12. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

Can you imagine another character attacking Negan, resulting in Daryl's death?

13. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

For whatever reason (I'm assuming to add more of the deeply profound man pain) the writers decided to have Daryl attack Negan, after being warned, resulting in Glenn's death. That is what happened. It doesn't matter if he was angry, or if he thought Negan would kill him. Negan warned them. And he did it anyway. Resulting in Glenn's death. I get that you can see it as him wanting to defend his family, but his actions still got Glenn killed. Fact.

14. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Well, Im a huge Daryl fan. Nothing can change that and i wont stop being a fan because he did something VERY STUPID and got Glen killed.

Daryl is very emotional. The beauty of TWD is very good character development. So we can see that its in his character to do something like this. That doesn't mean he is beyond reproach, just because we understand it and his reaction.

Maybe Negan would have killed someone else anyway, we dont know. Maybe Daryl just gave him an excuse and he would have found another. Who knows. But his outburst was the cause and I cant deny that.

15. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Negan should punish Daryl by eating his fingers.

In honor of [MENTION=1489]RoadWarrior[/MENTION].

16. Ink

Ink New Member

Am I the only one that didn't interpret Negan's 'First ones free...lock that down' as him lucilling another member of the group?

17. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This offended me so much I waited a day to respond. This reasoning reminds me of the reasoning of a sociopath who tells his wife to shut up or he will kill the family dog. Then he goes after their child and she screams, so he kills the family dog and pronounces, Well, I warned her, so it's her fault.

No, it's the psycho's fault. FACT back at you.

Another perspective: In our current reality, if this went to court, only Negan would be found at fault for Glenn's death. Of course that is not TWD's reality, but that core comprehension of responsibility persists for me even in the ZA.

On a calmer note, it is not a black and white issue, and there is no point in either one of us saying FACT. I realize we just disagree about this and always will. Many, many others agree with you.

They're all wrong.

18. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that if RoadWarrior didn't return to post about Sunday night's gorefest, he will never, ever be returning. :'((((( RIP [MENTION=1489]RoadWarrior[/MENTION]

19. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

It's giving AMC the opportunity to have a side story revolving around Daryl, to bring him back to the forefront beyond the group as a whole. They must recognize that he's a huge cash cow with his fan base, and are probably smart enough to realize that they'd better tap into it again. (Is it a good idea? I dunno...we'll have to see how it plays out.)

Personally, I think there's been so much "stuff and thangs" going on with TWD's storyline that they have let some of the main characters fade. This was true of Daryl, and was certainly true of Glenn. I'm a bit ambivalent about this season, despite my rating the opener so highly in the poll. If it continues on the more graphically violent path (which, ironically as a WD fan, I have always hated) and less about the group interaction, then I may be one to not last beyond this season...or even before it ends. However, we'll see; there's plenty of opportunity to renew character exploration (for example, I'm curious about Carol, and about Morgan, and do want to see Maggie as she transforms into a major badass). The next few episodes can go either way.

20. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Wait if you're applying non ZA rules, if this went to court only negan would be but Glenn's parents would be upset and really pissed at Daryl and definitely find him at blame as well.