Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So Daryl got him Killed?

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by forceten, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Rhovanion

Rhovanion Member

In my opinion, Daryl did not get Glenn killed. Glenn already lashed out and while Negan said that it was a freebie, how do we know he wasn't just saying that and would have bashed Glenn's head in anyway just for shits and giggles? Negan said he would take out Carl's other eye and feed it to Rick if anybody tried anything, something he did not do despite the fact that Daryl attacked him for taunting Rosita/killing Abraham. So Negan was already not keeping to his word. I believe Glenn would have died anyway, even if Daryl would have stayed put. Negan had to show his true power over these people. To show that he can toy with them however he wants to, that it's his world. A second death, when they thought they were "safe" and their debt paid after that first kill, was a sure way of displaying that.

Daryl was obviously not thinking straight at all. He must have been delirious from all that blood loss and pain. How do we know he even registered what Negan was saying about lashing out through all of that? He reacted on sheer impulse from all that grief and anger to defend Rosita and was most likely prepared to die himself, and was thus willing to sacrifice himself for a member of his family. It was honorable what he did and totally in line with what his character is all about; to stand up for and defend the people he loves and cares about without a second thought to his own safety or life. It would have been OOC had he not reacted.

If you blame Daryl for Glenn's death, then you might as well blame Rosita for not being able to look at the bat. Or you could blame Glenn, Michonne and Rosita for going after Daryl in the first place, thus getting captured along with Daryl. Or blame Dwight for turning on Daryl, taking his crossbow and then killing Denise with it (resulting in Daryl seeking revenge). It doesn't make sense to put the blame on somebody else since there is a whole chain of events that leads up to every single death on the show. The only one who got Glenn killed is Negan.

#61 Rhovanion, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  2. Grizzzly540

Grizzzly540 Member

YES. You said it all. It's like everyone is falling for Negan's mind games. He wants people to blame Daryl and everyone is falling for it.

3. Rhovanion

Rhovanion Member

Exactly! Or if this is a ploy by the writers to try and bring Daryl's immense popularity down a notch, then everyone is falling for that as well. Hook, line and sinker.

#63 Rhovanion, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  4. Ink

Ink New Member

He could just have easily gotten everyone killed when Beth died, it's his nature. But Negan was always going to bash in another victim or at least something to that extent because of Rick.

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

They would also sue Daryl for anguish.

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

LOL That is a great answer.

Maybe. Not if I were the parents and if I knew how tight they were and how Daryl had saved the group countless times. We will see how family takes it when Maggie and Daryl get reunited. I bet she hugs him and wishes she could relieve his pain.

ETA I don't read the comics, so don't tell me! Even if I have caused you anguish. lol Thanks!

#66 Lindigo, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I've never read the comics either, that's probably why we're both so into this discussion! No anguish here :)

8. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

I felt so awful for Daryl in this scene. My heart hurt when I saw his reaction to Glenn getting killed. There was so much guilt, shock, fear, and sadness mixed up altogether when Negan turned around and killed Glenn for Daryl's reaction.

There are many posts in this thread that I agree with and were well said, so that's all I can really add.

Great thinking and thoughts shared, everyone!