Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So did the Maggie, Glen, etc group eat a plate?

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by Ania, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Ania

Ania Member

I think it's safe to assume at this point that the meat on the grill was human, so I am curious if they ate it. Or do the people at Terminus say they are going to make you a plate, but then lock you up before you eat any.

2. FutureApocalyps

Likely chowed down and hopefully it wasn't Beth.

3. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

Or, the food was drugged, so there would be less resistance.

4. Kariann Hart

Kariann Hart New Member

Somebody Ate Something...

Remember seeing the paper plates and powdered milk cartoon by the train car. I think they may know what they ate, but were hungry anyways! :Grin:

5. Cleavedge

Cleavedge New Member

I'm sure they ate. I doubt they would have jumped them right away and got them off to the train car. I am sure the point of getting them to eat something when they show up is to help get them to feel more comfortable and at ease to lower their defences, since most people will be starving when they show up. So some food and a little conversation in what seems like a safe place will go a long way to being able to capture them without bloodshed.

6. Crazy_Pudding

Crazy_Pudding Member

I think maybe the hungrier members of the group (i.e. Abraham) ate right away, and perhaps some of the females just picked at their food. The Termites probably used the initial roundtable BBQ as a way of assessing which members of the group were the alphas, and who were more of the followers.

Since the food/flesh was most likely drugged, the Termites may have waited until the bigger physical threats were unconscious -- and then it would be easier to herd the weaker characters (Tara, Bob, Eugene, Rosita) into the boxcar even if they weren't drugged yet.

7. Diomasach

Diomasach Member

They ate, they had seconds, and it was delicious...

8. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

I think they ate it, but the food was drugged, making Glenn & Co go to sleep and then the Terminites locked them in.

9. Creepy

Creepy Member

Were the terminus guards using Glen and Abe's guns?

10. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

I don't know .....I think "A" is the place they herd the trouble makers who don't go quietly. When Rick & Co were running through Terminus, there were several A's marking the buildings and corridors they were running through and everything was riddled with bullet holes. Perhaps the others were herded this same way since they were also in boxcar A? I don't know ...I really hope we get a flashback or something.

11. ShamblingCorpse

There is no reason to think that they didn't eat. I mean why wouldn't they?

I am a believer in the theory that the food is drugged, that Beth isn't anywhere near Terminus, and that they are cannibals. I'm not 100% sure that the initial food given to newcomers is human, but we will see.

12. Ophelia

Ophelia Member

I agree, and wasting ammo like with Rick's group was more like a plan B option.

13. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

They might have...maybe not though. They might have just been locked up. Hopefully we find out

14. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I think they offer newcomers a plate and after they've eaten, the Terminus people tell then what it was. If the newcomers accept it, they're part of the group and if not, they're a risk and put in the boxcars. They seem to offer everyone a "plate" immediately, so it's either to test them or possibly drug them. But drugging them right away doesn't really serve much purpose. It doesn't glean information from newcomers, who've probably been on the road for a long time, so I don't see a benefit in drugging. Just an opinion.

15. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I don't believe they ate the food. Maybe they realized something was off like Rick did, but guns were drawn on them before they could do anything about it. Afterwards there were stripped of their supplies and herded into the train cart.

16. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

I don't believe they were drugged, and their plates of food were outside the boxcar, I mean think about it. If you were going to drug someone and carry them off to a box car, why would they bring the plates too?

IMO I think they arrived, felt safe for a second, and were led to the box car before they could/or while they were eating being told something like "we have a nice place for you to eat if you'll just follow me, or we want you to meet our leader, etc." and when they arrived at the box car, were then held at gun point, told to drop the plates outside the door, take off/give them anything of value that the Termites wanted and then herded into the box car. Whether they had the time to eat or not is any ones guess, but having starved for so long, with only the occasional rabbits, squirrels, and the one deer that was mentioned at the prison (being a real treat) I'm sure they were wondering WHERE the meat came from, wouldn't you? But that's the only explanation I can think of for the plates being outside the boxcar doors. Unless they arrived a few days before and the Termites had been feeding them. After all, you have to keep your livestock in good health if you're going to eat it later.

17. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Sucks, we have to wait until October to know anything.

18. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

They raised pigs at the prison for some time. Probably could have kept on doing it if not for Rick's pig-killing psychotic break (one un-hamstrung pig would have led the walkers away just fine without wasting them all, disease problems aside).

But since the sections of meat they were handing out had bones in them, I'm not sure how they could expect any survivors not to recognize it as human. They've all killed enough zombies to have pretty graphic understandings of what the inside of the human body looks like in every state of dismemberment.

If the Termites had made kebabs and kept their loot out of public view, they probably would have been fine, unless Rick's spider-sense was pegging off something else, such as the arrangement of armed effectives in the "welcome wagon" area.