Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So I think the new girl is Maggie's daughter

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Predictions' started by kennyisalive94, Apr 11, 2014.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

The one that's been (presumably) on covers #127 and #128. I think she's going to be the new main character, at least for a few issues, and we're going to be spending a few months wondering where everyone else is. Either she's Maggie's daughter, or she's just a new character, but I think she's the baby. That might be the element of hope and a new world at the end of 126, with Maggie possibly giving birth(or, how far along is she?) I think that seeing her 18 years later, setting up the next issue, would be an interesting cliff-hanger.

But yeah, I think it could be cool. Like, 17-20 years later and we get her story and a whole new group she's with, and eventually we get 50s Rick and Carl and Sophia are a couple and and Dwight in his 50s with an eye patch. I'd hate to see Jesus being a little less ninja-y, though. But maybe he could be like the guy in the Karate Kid, lol. Maybe Ezekiel and Michonne had a kid and that's one of the people with the girl on 127. Just a theory.

2. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I would be down with this. Jumping ahead that much time, only to find that the world is not much different except for the fact that most survivors left grew up in this world and the living dead are an everyday thing. I am not sure I could accept the fact that zombies are still any sort of threat that far down the line, but by then the number of living is probably far less than it is today. All I could see coming from this is a hopeless scenario that they will never rid themselves of zombies no matter how many they kill. It reinforces the "Man vs. Nature" theme well, as man will never control more than his local environment no matter how hard he tries.

Wouldn't it suck lemons if it was revealed that the only people left alive in the entire world, are those that we know of now. Less than 1000 people left on the earth, and they scramble to find more.

3. akardy

akardy New Member

I don't think I'd like a big time jump, for me the story should continue with attempts to rebuild civilization....I'd like it best if this new group had a story about that, that would eventually lead to them teaming up with Rick and company.

I'm also pretty sure they wouldn't be the last people alive, there's nothing so special about this group that wouldn't apply to others elsewhere in the world. And in Britain the sensible ones would have just moved into all of our old castles when this kicked off and would have spent the last few years just kicking back and having a nice cup of tea!

But then think of all the little tribes in the amazon, in places so remote that they've only been viewed, very briefly, by helicopters. A zombie herd would never make it all the way through the ravines, rivers and heavy jungle. They probably wouldn't be aware of a zombie outbreak.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I really doubt it. And I really hope not. I'd rather see the immediate aftermath of Negan's fall. I'd like to see exactly what happens to the group. how they move on. how they start to rebuild. this is a constantly-changing story with constantly-changing characters. jumping that far in time would leave too much out, imo.

I don't remember what issue it was, but i was just re-reading the comics the other day and somebody in the letters asked Kirkman something about, "wouldn't it be cool if…" time jump, carl is married to sophia, etc. and Kirkman's response was that obviously sometimes weeks pass between issues (now i remember. i think it was 67 i was reading) but anymore than that, he hates time jumps. that being said, it is Kirkman we are talking about. this is basically what his interviews are like:

Q: Is your name Robert Kirkman?
    A: Y'know, that is an interesting name. Many people have speculated that Robert Kirkman is the name for me. and it might be. or it might not be. who knows? and let's not forget, just because my name might be robert kirkman right now doesn't mean it won't be something else a while down the road. I think all options are still open. no name is safe. except rick grimes-- he's definitely going to die some time. or maybe he won't. or maybe we'll never know. Maybe only Rick Kirkman and Robert Grimes will ever know. Maybe my name has been Rick Grimes the whole time, and i've been writing the comics under a pen-name, and Rick's name will be revealed to have been Robert Kirkman the whole time. Maybe only Leonardo Dicaprio will ever know. DOES THE TOP FALL??? IS HE STILL DREAMING???

so, yeah. we'll have to wait and see.

another problem i have with your idea is i really :hatchet: f*cking :hatchet: hate :hatchet: Dwight, and am hoping he's not breathing in whatever world 127 opens us up to. bastard killed abraham. and damn near killed rick. what if the arrow had got gunk on it from being launched from the bow? couldn't he have just missed and been like, "see, negan? i told you it would mess up the balance of the arrow and i couldn't hit anything." he's too cowardly. as far as rebelling against a bad guy, Milton had more balls than him.

5. Dave Himura

Dave Himura Member

Is an interesting theory that i've saw on a couple sites before, but personally i wouldnt like such a big time jump. Maybe it could be a new group, telling their story and then maybe blending them into the group we all know, other theory i've saw is that could be Lily Caul. I dont know, we need to wait and see, but that girl is bugging me xD

6. Shooter

Shooter Member

Kirkman has described TWD comics as the movie that never ends. If he did a time jump at this point it would feel like it would be the sequel and the first movie had ended so to speak.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm not interested in a time jump. I'd rather see the story from start to end with no large gaps. It'd be kind of a waste, too… I mean, that's a gap of 20 years where the most interesting stuff could have happened.

8. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

I kind of agree with this. As cool as it would be to see Maggies daughter, I feel like a time jump here would be detrimental. There has been so much great development with so much potential that it would just be a waste... a good word for it. I'm not against a time jump, just not at this juncture. And a time jump 20 years would essentially be a new series. But I can't help but keep remembering Kirkmans talk about going in unexpected directions, so who knows.

Good theory though!

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree, it'd be a great twist and probably inject some new life into the series, but a gap of that long would essentially be a new series. I think there's a lot more story potential with the cast as they are now, with a defeated Negan and a bunch of communities to thrive together than there is to cast that aside and start following Maggie's daughter in the future. Although, if Maggie and Glenn did have a daughter who grew up in their world, that's totally how I'd expect her.

That being said, I'd love to see the "companion series" do something like this. Follow a group of characters who aren't learning to adapt to their world, but existing in a world where this is all they've known. Set it like, 20-30 years into the apocalypse.

10. Shooter

Shooter Member

Personally I want Maggie to have a boy and name him after Glenn

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Not a good place for a huge timeskip imo.

12. lewh

lewh Member

I was thinking the same thing, that this might either be Maggies child, or Sophia (Requiring less of a time jump) and she isn't exactly the only familiar face but Carl is too. They wouldn't show carl on these three covers since all out war is still going on and people would be able to predict it. Imagine if Carl turned out to be the bad guy haha!

13. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I'd like if she was Sophia but no 20 yr time jump please.

14. HondaS2kXD

not in a Carlmunism vs. Ricktatorship way. Carl's relationship with Rick is probably at it's best ever right now. he would never turn against his father-- much less start a full-on rebellion against his father.

BUT… i do think that it would be neat to see either Rick or Carl go through a character struggle-- where they struggle agains their dark side, effectively making them their own bad guy. i could REALLY see this happening to Carl if rick dies.

15. lewh

lewh Member

Yeah good point, I think the only way it would be possible would be if Rick died and that was the last straw in for Carl. Everything he has been through finally shapes him into a really dark guy haha. I'm still open to belief that this is a time jump forward and Carl is the actual leader but they havent put him on these three covers before AOW ends as people would predict it. Maybe Sophia or Maggies Daughter is one of the group leaders of his supply runners or something haha.

16. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sophia is blonde.

17. HondaS2kXD

she found TV Abraham's hair dye stash.

18. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

But what if he runs out? Cudlits probably doesn't use it anyway!

19. HondaS2kXD

Details. Lol.

In all seriousness, though, he's got a lot of it. In the confusion in the first days of the apocalypse, people rushed to build up a surplus of food, water, and other meaningless things. Only a brilliant tactician like Abraham would realize the really important things: hair dye, shampoo, etc.

20. Cody V

Cody V Member

Initially, I thought it would be possibly Maggie's daughter, as the chick on the new covers looks a lot like Maggie, but I don't think Kirkman would do a time jump with such valuable characters. I then thought he would possibly shift to who he will be covering with TWD's new companion tv series that is supposedly coming out summer 2015, but with only about 12-15 issues until that would premiere I don't think that's enough time to introduce the characters in the comics and have enough material to run a successful companion show. Overall, my guess is the group on the cover of 127 is a new group of survivors that will wonder up to the Alexandria Safe Zone. Also, the cover for Issue 129 looks like someone is holding onto the handle of something with what looks like barbed wire on it.....it's got to be Lucille.