Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So in case anyone still doubts it, Beth + Daryl?

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by annaflyte, Mar 9, 2014.

1. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

So. Daryl totally gave her "the look" multiple times and im pretty sure it cant even be debated anymore that its the direction the show is heading. If Beth is alive its happening. If anyone still thinks that was a "sibling comfort" or "father/daughter" or anything other than the precursor to romance....

Discuss. I want to know what you all think.

Note that this assumes Beth is going to live, which she really might not be. Im not convinced she isnt murdered. But even if she is dead, this episode TOTALLY happened.

EDIT:
    Im glad we are keeping shipping wars out of this so far. I really want this to be kinda objective.

Im not saying "they are gonna be a couple for sure", im just wondering whether this was for sure evidence of romantic intent, and if so, was it one-sided? This being TWD there is no guarantee of the future. Only this episode.

#1 annaflyte, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I have to admit I thought their relationship would be more of brother/sister or teacher/student but after this episode I'm not sure. It seems they definitely had something extra for each other. Unfortunately it may never be able to grow depending on who has Beth.

3. SZQ

SZQ Member

I agree. Daryl is infatuated with Beth's purity and goodness. She liberated him from his old life.

4. cakebythepound

I didn't think they would go there, but yeah, it's pretty undeniable after this. If one of them doesn't die, I guess.

5. Pixie

Pixie New Member

OK, now that I came to terms with the possibility of more romance in TWD (seems inevitable at this point), I kind of agree with what you´re saying. However, if you pay attention, Daryl was hinting that Beth was the one he made him change his mind, but when Beth understood, she was surprised, like not feeling the same kind of thing. Might be only me, but it got weird.

Anyways, after this episode I am more worried for Daryl´s future...that scene in funeral home, it was his funeral

6. LAC9577

LAC9577 Member

This is what I was thinking...she's prob the closest thing he's ever had to a real girlfriend or any kind of family for that matter...

7. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

I agree it actually felt onesided from DARYL. Everyone expected Beth to jump him or something. But she had no idea and he was the one who was doing this I think. She didnt get that feeling until right exactly when she said "...oh" all cute like.

Also I am terrified he was in that coffin. If both Daryl and Beth survive this season im going to be amazed... :(

8. Thangs & Stuff

Thangs & Stuff Well-Known Member

i have to say they had really sweet moments this ep ,and i was like uh uh uh whats happening here whats with the looks and bam then the walkers came :dead:
    though Im not a Bethyl shipper I like the Idea of them together.....
    I dont know but Im pretty postivie they both will survive this season

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Umm no. lol

It's not happening. God forbid Daryl make a friend without a relationship.

Gimple basically laughed when someone asked him earlier.

10. Cross

Cross Member

Im going to start off by saying I dont ship anyone on TWD.

I've been getting that feeling though. Last week in Still I got that vibe. This week further cemented that feeling.

There were alot of looks shot by both of them this episode. Then right before the walkers got into the house it seemed as though that was going to be the moment they really opened up romantically or even possibly kiss.

All in all if Beth lives and her and Daryl are reunited I think that they will get together.

And I have to agree. Daryl likes Beth's innocence, soft heart, and warm nature. I think Beth likes Daryl's coldness, and basically his survivor-ness.

#10 Cross, Mar 9, 2014
  11. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I was positive there was going to be a kiss. Then Boom... Walkers. I'm thinking the funeral home is a trap.

12. SweetD213

SweetD213 Member

Daryl loves anyone who shows him trust, respect and compassion. Anyone who believes in him more than he believes in himself. That is his MO. Carol, Rick, Michonne, that's his thing. The guy has a VERY low opinion of himself. Plus now that he is in with that gang of bandits, I think all bets are off. We can't just assume that they're going to be a couple when they meet up again, because after all the dust settles and the prison group reunites, everyone will have changed. Daryl is a tracker. He gave up on finding the prison group and he gave up on finding Beth. It's Walking Dead. There are NO certainties, especially with couples. Everyone was so sure Daryl and Carol would hook up, but that led to nothing.

13. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I think Daryl's surprised that Beth can stay positive despite their grim situation. She also lost her father. They don't know what happened to her sister. I think when Daryl treated Beth to that surprise meal he was just trying to make matters easier for her.

14. SweetD213

SweetD213 Member

Seriously? Um....remember the prison?

15. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Still not seeing it. I think Beth just woke him up from his from his depression. He is touched and grateful.

16. Daae

Daae Well-Known Member

Lauren Cohan ships it.

17. Karl Katze

Karl Katze Member

I think the actors themselves have too much chemistry and it's mucking up their characters' relationship, which I still don't think is romantic.

18. twdpuppy

twdpuppy Member

It showed them holding hands and they wouldn't just randomly do that. Daryl also carried her bridal style and on the Talking Dead they're talking about their relationship! I think that inbetween episode 412 and 413 they got into a relationship and the writers are only showing bits of it for now because she got kidnapped. And if Beth survives the kidnapping, Daryl and Beth are definitely going to be a couple. When Beth gets found her and Daryl are probably going to kiss on the season finale.

#18 twdpuppy, Mar 9, 2014
  19. LAC9577

LAC9577 Member

Why yes I do, but I don't remember him having a girlfriend....I know they were all family but it was different...

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That's what I thought. Daryl was definitely letting her know he was attracted to her, and then didn't she say, "no" when she finally understood? That's how I took it at least. The way Daryl ran out after the dog I bet he did too!