Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So in case anyone still doubts it, Beth + Daryl?

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by annaflyte, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Fergrim

Fergrim Member

No! I'm not fighting about Maggie being one dimensional and awful! :D

[Edit: My editor pointed out it's not nice to call Maggie awful. I'm sorry, Maggie isn't awful, her love for Glenn is deep and it inspires me towards hope.]

So I'm saying nice things. She kills a lot of zombies, she is considered to be very pretty! And she misses Glenn :[

#481 Fergrim, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  2. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

LOL :)

3. Caryl

Caryl Member

I think they're either trying to sell her to the audience as a main character or make us care when they kill her off. Her character has been neglected so long that the quickest way to do that was pair her up with Daryl, the most popular one. She's also being blatantly used to further his character. I suspect she's going to end up another female sacrifice to the manpain in the end. IDK, I just can't see them killing Maggie in service of Beth. Of course anything's possible but I like Maggie so I hope that doesn't happen.

4. Fergrim

Fergrim Member

I unfortunately agree with this. I hope her being used to further him isn't as blatant as it seems.

I'm going to like your post. How. About. Them. Apples. [Caveat, the whole Maggie part]

5. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Member

I said this in my first post in this thread. Beth and Daryl are going to finally kiss and then one of them will be killed . I still believe it 485 posts later. :zombies_cuinlove:

6. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

It's hard to look away from the train wreck.

7. Caryl

Caryl Member

I've posted two maybe three times about that NR article. Fairly benign ones at that. And I never called him "ungrateful". I think you clearly have me mixed up with someone else.

8. Fergrim

Fergrim Member

Daryl is ungrateful for the thoughtful and mature relationship him and Carol could and should have shared.

9. lis5112

Like Merle. I hope not .....too redundant. :(
    I think that when it's your TWD time to go, its your time to go. I like Maggie too, but they do like to shake things up. Plus the whole Maggie/Glenn thing has made everyone assume they are "safe". I love Beth ...I hope it's not her time to go. Just have to wait and see ......

10. lis5112

Bumping this up after the teaser on Talking Dead ....I'm still getting the romance vibe. TWD is killing me ....I neeeeed to know where Beth is!!!

11. justjoinedtosay

heh--I couldn't help but think that this was playing in the back of his mind as he fingered that knife =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr3dJxeT4oA

ps--if I was writing the arc for these two characters i'd have daryl grabing cans of beer while with joe and co and stocking up in the hope of being reunited with beth, and then having them get reunited at terminus, and ask her if she's still looking for a drink, and have the show end with them sitting together drinking beer. with carol getting ready to interrupt them ala axel, and having rick stop her.

the symmetry would be really powerful--from still to alone and taking into account the lyrics of the song beth was singing and especially the part that daryl listened to watching her with his finger playing on his lip...and the impact of rick stopping carol again...it won't happen, but that's how I would have written it (I posted the lyrics and song and scene a few page back if your curious)

i'm waiting for another "que?" reply =/

#491 justjoinedtosay, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  12. Natta

Natta Member

[video=youtube;BnUbPiyEbKY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnUbPiyEbKY&list=UUyHjG9UgDWcjc_yLBZUeCcw[/video]

The romance vibes between Beth and Daryl continue to get stronger.

13. lis5112

Awesome! I'm familiar with the song Be Good. I was jamming to it in my car the other day. I actually like EK's cover much better though, and can't wait for Tuesday, as rumor has it, it will be on her re-released album. :)

14. lis5112

My thoughts EXACTLY! I need some freaking closure here!

15. Daae

Daae Well-Known Member

Man, he looks like he is in love and with a broken heart. Even this redneck bandanna piece of shit noticed that.

16. Daae

Daae Well-Known Member

What was the thing this guy saying ''she was a little one?'' The Son of Anarchy rape children too? The group is worse than i thought.

17. lis5112

Yeah ...something about the "Lil UN's" not lasting long out here. Whatever the hell that means...

18. nightscape94

nightscape94 New Member

I think it's pretty clear at this point that this all spills over into season 5. No way they resolve everything in two episodes without compromising a lot of the story and character growth we've seen in the second half. Way too much to do.

19. SeeinzStarz

SeeinzStarz Member

Omg! Thank you for that clip, Natta!

I need some closure here too.. this week's episode was painful (no Daryl/Beth)! Haha! Gotta wait another week or two, or.. ;P

I have a bad feeling there will be no happy ending for either one.. I hope that's not the case though!!!

20. Dsant5389

Dsant5389 New Member

I think you are being naive if you believe that Joe and his guys wouldn't have killed/severely hurt Daryl and taken his stuff had he not chosen to go along with them... punch or no punch.