Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Multiplayer So I've been playing Ghosts and I've realized one thing...

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Sulq, May 12, 2014.

1. wby shooter

wby shooter Member

I hated mw3. Being an IW game I decided to skip this one. I will listen to feedback for a month or so before I decide on the next game

2. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

Trust me Ghosts sucks bad...I have the game and both DLC's and its a bunch of people running around with SMG's with rapidfire attached..no skill at all. The maps are way to small and using either a LMG or Sniper Rifle is useless...shit Assault Rifles are becoming obsolete. Bottom line I'm not buying anyomore COD's from IW period! Waiting for BO3 in 2015.

3. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you going to boycott CoD:AW too?

4. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

I think if I go back and play Ghosts, now that I have a better connection, I probably won't hate it as much.

Or, I could be lying to myself.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Haven't played it myself for a few weeks (and before that couple day's sessions, a few weeks before that). Lost a lot of interest. Plus, the shitty connection I'm running on has made the game (and the others) just a headache at times. Should load it again soon.

6. HHernandez81

HHernandez81 Active Member

If they don't nerf the Support package, they should make it like the rest of the score streaks then, you need to get those kills with out dying, I hate squad mates! But this are tools provided by the game and people like to exploit them!

#26 HHernandez81, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I believe the Support SP is exploited way too much. I would love to see it removed from the game, or make it harder to earn the rewards. At the very least, they should remove all the lethal rewards from the Support SP.

Hopefully SG won't rehash the SP system and have something fresh and original. If not, I'm hoping they'll use the scorestreak system from CoD:BO2...

8. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Support is fine, but they really shouldn't have added the Oracle.

9. Zombie PhanTom

I agree ghosts is trash compared to other cods, but so is BO2, well multiplayer at least. Maps are halfway decent in this one mainly due to size but the layout is pretty bad on some of them. Still these maps blow MW3 and definitely BO2's out of the water. I swear every BO2 map was like fighting in a damn closet.

But just when you think spawns can't get any worse, they freak in do it again. I swear I think every single installment they just troll us like how can we screw up the spawns even more?

I won't lie, I've always checked the lobby leaderboard to see if I should back out of the room or not, but I don't even see the point anymore. The lag is just unbearable. I find myself trying to play crazy tactical just trying to get easy kills from behind because too often in a heads up gunfight I'm dead before I can even react.

10. kzarofbacon

kzarofbacon Member

Are people leaving Ghosts for Bops2? I last played Ghosts when the first DLC was released. Played for less than a minute and decided never again.

MP on BOps2 shows more and more people online each night (on average).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

11. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

i went back to MW3 and in MW3 with the DLC maps its to me like playing a new game. play Blackops2 for a change.
    i have tryed to like ghost.ghost like bf4 just don't have any type of personality, maybe its a confort thing just don't know.new gamers to FPS will like ghost,cause they don't know any better.MW3 was slammed big time when it came out and it was my first FPS but i like the play style of MW3 and now go up against veturan players so you get one hell of a challenge.:peace::peace::peace:

12. jefferson9

jefferson9 Member

Ur just realizing this now lol

I seem to remember u arguing against the haters when 90% of the community realized ghosts was crap within the first month. We tried to warn u!

13. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave Ghosts way to many chances. The game isn't horrible. It has some of the best hit detection I've seen in a CoD game yet. Also most everything is fairly balanced.

What Ghosts lacks is fun factor and great maps. They took a chance with these maps and most players just don't like some of them. They are so big they promote camping playstyle and have poor map flow. Making the game not as fun to play. When 75% of the maps are not fun to play at all it makes it hard to keep saying to yourself "one more game, I like this map" etc.

Ghosts isn't bad, but it is not great. Most players have left to go back to the older CoDs. Leaving the noobs and campers. The rushers leaving has ruined Ghosts, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

That's CoD:G in a nutshell...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

People hate the game and sometimes I do too, but I don't understand why. Usually it's a rant because of the same old CoD bullcrap.

Anyways, people should have too many reasons to hate Ghosts. At its core, it really isn't that bad of a game and they have been pretty great with weapon balancing. But Ghosts lacks a fun factor. I'll play Ghosts for 20 mins and think it's been and hour or more. Whereas when I'm playing a video game and having fun, I can play 2 hours and it'll only feel like 20 mins. So when you die from BS it's makes it even worse on Ghosts.

I know I keep saying this, but in short Ghosts isn't a bad game, it just isn't fun.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

Sulq.."I know I keep saying this, but in short Ghosts isn't a bad game, it just isn't fun."and that is the problem. ghosts drop zone makes ghost some what playable.i play ghost maybe once or twice a week for about 20 minutes after that it becomes just unbearable to play.:panda::panda::panda:

• Like Like x 1
  17. kzarofbacon

kzarofbacon Member

On average, there are 40k more people playing BOps2 compared to Ghosts during evenings in the US.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

18. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

I honestly think that the reason I stopped playing ghosts after 1 day of play time was simply just I was worn out with playing COD in general. I'm not so sure that just because Ghosts is mediocre that interest has been tapering off so much compared to other COD's. I had ghosts for a while on the 360 and then just stopped playing, I have BF4 for the Xbone but then never played it due to lack of interest and instead have been delving way to much time into Skyrim on the PC (So. Many. Mods.)

You can only play the same archetype (Arcade fast-paced shooter with killstreaks), so often before regardless of how good it is, its still the same experience. We've seen this with the Assassin's Creed series to an extent as well (Although I definetly enjoyed Black Flag more than Ghosts).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, I see what you are saying. It does get stale. Many evenings I find myself thinking that I'll want to play some CoD/Titanfall before bed and rarely do I ever actually do that.

I play video games 1-3 times a week vs. 6-7 times which is what I used to do.

20. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I can totally relate to this. Before getting together with my wife, I would play games as much as 60-75 hours a week. After getting married though, I play maybe 2 nights a week for a total of 8 hours if I'm lucky and if I've done all my chores.

I have so much love for videogames, but not enough time to give it to them...

• Like Like x 2