Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by Kingston50, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I watched some of the Talking Dead and it featured the two beautiful actresses that play Maggie and Sasha. They had a lot of insight into their character's thoughts and feelings.

So the actress that plays Maggie explained why her character is not speaking of Beth more often. She said something about her hope is that Beth is with Glen and she went on to say that Glen is group orientated and he most likely saved others. Basically Glen is her only beckon of hope. I was left confused. There was no indication that Beth was on the bus with Glen. Its not like Maggie found a lock of blonde hair that gave her some reason to think that.

I'm not overly critical of this show. Still I can't help but think that this is just poor writing. I felt bad for the actress because it seemed like she was trying to come up with a better explanation. Beth is Maggie's one and only sister. Regardless of the romance she has with Glen which I know is important and love for him drives her. But what about the love for a sister? It doesn't help that Beth is now kidnapped, so she is really all alone.

#1 Kingston50, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

She has ample reason to think Beth may have been on the bus with Glenn. That was the plan. Beth was suppose to go get others and bring them back to the bus. So Maggie's only lead on Beth is to assume she got back together with Glenn.

3. Rain

Rain Member

I have to agree with this, as I've said before. I think it was a pretty big omission from the writers, it would take one line to fix. It's silly, really. I felt bad for LC too cause her excuses made no sense, so it's obvious she just had no idea.

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

In episode 8, didn't she leave Beth with the bus and tell her to get all of the people on? And that was the last time she saw Beth. It'd make sense that she'd assume Beth was on the bus when it left, although obviously we know that she went to find the kids and left with Daryl. Lauren's explanation makes sense, imo.

A line from Maggie would help though. Just some kind of in-show explanation so that we know that Maggie's hoping to find Beth with Glenn.

5. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I thought that since Maggie knew that Glenn was on the bus and had no idea where Beth was made her descision to go after Glenn the most logical.

6. Kingston50

But in Too Far Gone when Maggie got Glen on the bus she saw that Beth had gotten off. I remember her shouting "where's Beth?" So it makes no sense that Maggie would assume Beth was with Glen when Beth wasn't even on the bus to begin with. Again, I felt bad for the actress because she was trying to come up with a reasonable explanation, but she couldn't even come up with a genuine reason. Not her fault of course.

#6 Kingston50, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  7. Omg!Pudding!

Omg!Pudding! Member

I'm confused about why people seem to think it's strange, nonetheless wrong, that Maggie's first concern is to find Glen. No explanation necessary. My husband would be top priority- I have to find him, so We can find our family (and the others!) Perhaps it's lip service, but he's expressed the same sentiment. They're married! They chose to become family, to love and protect each other for the rest of their lives, first and foremost. Romance aside, it's a sacred promise and duty that they chose to honor.

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I forgot about that. I don't know then lol. Maggie really doesn't seem too troubled by Beth. Maybe she's just accepted that she's gone because she's weaker or something.

Whatever it is, they're pushing the separated lovers thing pretty hard. Neither Maggie nor Beth appear to be focused on finding each other. Beth wants to find people, but she's not really fixated on finding Maggie. Maggie just wants Glenn. Maybe she's pregnant and desperately wants to find the father of her child lol. Only scenario I can think of that brings some sense to her only mentioning Beth once since leaving the prison.

9. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

Maybe she has an easier time convincing herself that Glenn may have survived than Beth surviving. Beth isn't much of a fighter. She may feel that Beth is probably dead.

10. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

Contemplating looking for everyone is just too much, the moment you think "Beth and Glenn are not together" you have to think every step is taking me closer to one and father from the other. Having one nearly impossible task is all Maggie needs and all she can handle. Also magical thinking ,If I don't say "IF Beths not with Glenn she's probably dead and there are reason to think Beth is not with Glenn" then Beth is OK.

11. Something2Fear

I feel like this is the most logical answer. No offense to the actors but they tend to come up with answers on the spot and don't have as much insight into the story as the writers or producers.

12. Caryl

Caryl Member

I think both Maggie not mentioning Beth and Daryl not mentioning Carol are glaring omissions. It just doesn't feel right and throws some of us out of the story. It did for me in Inmates.

13. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

You have a point about Daryl. He mentioned Rick a couple of times and that's it (well he mentioned Maggie in his outburst), but never a hint about Carol or attempt to search for her knowing she was banished. I guess it could make sense if that is one of the things he's been thinking about and decided she was in the wrong. Remember, he did say he'd kill whoever killed Karen and David. I'm not taking a side in the whole debate of that situation, so don't want to debate you in the matter (seen tons of them lately, lol). Just could be his thought process.

14. Caryl

Caryl Member

I think it's more that they're trying to keep us in suspense. Esp with Daryl. It just feels artificial and unrealistic IMO. Maggie not mentioning Beth, I don't get that one. A sentence or two could've easily fit in either of those episodes.

15. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

All I can say is I love my family and I love my wife. And if we all got separated in some kind of apocalypse it's my wife I'd look for before my siblings or parents. I understand where Maggie's coming from.

16. Caryl

Caryl Member

That was really sweet! Made me go "awww". :)

17. Silky

Silky Member

Marriage my ass they barely know each other. And Beth is a minor sister it's not like she's a grown woman who can fend for herself.

18. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

Lauren mentioned she sees Glenn has her hope, as she should. He's always been that to her. So she thinks of she can find Glenn, she can find Beth. I don't think in any way Lauren was making an excuse. I do wish Maggie would have mentioned something about Beth though, since it's clear she loves her sister. That said, her husband is her life, as he should be.

19. Machete

Machete Active Member

Maggie said at one point: "I know which direction the bus went." Seems pretty obvious to me, everyone is scattering like bugs, she sees the bus drive off. Its something tangible, she knows where to look for it. She has no idea where Beth is, or if she is alive. She is focusing on what she knows.

Move on, nothing to see here...

20. Kingston50

If this is the case then the writers could have added that Maggie thinks Beth is dead. Just like Sasha thinks Tyrese is dead so she didn't want to remind herself of that. Even though Maggie chose to consciously go after Glen, it makes absolutely no sense that she has barely mentioned or spoken of her sister. Beth is her baby sister who she's known all her life. It's just poor writing and they could have easily fixed that.