Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by Kingston50, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

And without that hope he would be devastated. That's why he was so pissed at Abraham when he said that Maggie is probably dead. Same goes for her, but I think she would make it somehow.

2. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Lol, I wasn't serious...I didn't even realize. Although now I am thinking....AM I the only person on this forum who hasn't had an alt account??? Maybe I am missing out on something!?

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that Glenn is going to go very far into this series. I see him being the last standing character, aside from Rick and Carl, from Season 1. I was worried about him in Season 3, and it seemed as if his character was on its way out, but I believe they have some long term plans for him.

4. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

I am a fan of Glenn and Maggie, and I know the odds are one of them, if not both will probably die before the end of the series. Bets have been on Glenn, but I fear it could go either way. Maggie is my favorite female lead, but I think Glenn's death would be a little worse for me because he's been there since the second episode and saved Rick. But I would love to see them both make it until the end. Wishful thinking.

5. Smackledorf

Smackledorf Member

I think there's a decent chance both will make it to the final season, but that is also the season where one of them will die.

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

You ever see the movie "The Shawshank Redemption"???

One of my favorite lines from that movie is when the warden lashes out at Andy for accusing him of being obtuse and then proceeds to give's Andy this ominous warning.....

"Nothing stops. Nothing... or you will do the hardest time there is. No more protection from the guards. I'll pull you out of that one-bunk Hilton and cast you down with the Sodomites. You'll think you've been ****ed by a train! And the library? Gone... sealed off, brick-by-brick. We'll have us a little book barbecue in the yard. They'll see the flames for miles. We'll dance around it like wild Injuns! You understand me? Catching my drift?... Or am I being obtuse?"

7. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I have to agree with the poster earlier in the thread who said Maggie and Glenn's relationship made both pretty much useless as characters these days.

I really like season 1 Glenn and I kind of liked how strong willed and independent Maggie was in season 2, but since they have been a couple they have both become so obsessed with each other that they offer little to the group or the show now.

Their only purpose seems to be each other which makes for a pretty 1 dimensional story and plot these days.

8. Caryl

Caryl Member

I disagree. Them being in a relationship added so much to their capture scenes at Woodbury. Listening to what was going on with each other in their respective rooms and them both dealing with the emotional fallout after her sexual assault. It was chilling.

They did a good job not making it all about Glenn's manpain over "his woman" getting manhandled by another man but at the same time addressed the fact that any man would have issues resulting from it. But never did it overshadow what she, the actual victim, was dealing with. They couldn't have gotten that from two random people out on a run who got captured.

9. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

Again though everything you describe was internal between those 2, they are barely even part of the group even when the group was together as they have become so obsessed with each other. Story lines between Glenn and Maggie have run very thin for me, I get they love each other and would do anything for each other so exploring that over and again in different ways is not for me.

I was absolutely convinced one of them was going to die sometime this season to make one of their characters worthwhile again, but I highly doubt it now as it seems the writers are intent on making a drama between the 2 but having them come through it as they have the ultimate love.

10. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

Of course I've seen The Shawshank Redemption, it is only one of the best films ever made. EVER!

... and is the quote intended to be a threat? :zombies_shocked:

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

No it's not a threat. You said that I took you to town. That reminded me of that line from the movie because I made you my bitch. ;-) I kid.

12. Stuff&Thangs

[​IMG]

13. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

Thank you kinda sir! I could not have said it any better. This is my exact problem with the Glen/Maggie romance. The main purpose they serve now is to be the Romeo and Juliet of this show. I find that to be extremely boring. Love and relationships are great, but not when it reaches the point where both characters are consumed by it and there isn't much individual growth outside of the relationship.

#153 Kingston50, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Hey man! You didn't like either one of my replies and now I'm feeling a little insecure about it. FIX THIS!

15. Stuff&Thangs

Hmmm... I need more time to think about it.

#155 Stuff&Thangs, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014