Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So many impossibilities in one episode

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Grotesque' started by tsahi, Aug 22, 2016.

1. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

Yeah, eating after a walker should transfer the bacteria that gets you when they bite you, shouldnt it?

Also the one smart walker that didnt follow the gunshot noise and kept coming for the leftover dogs. Convenient for Nick to use for camo.

2. tsahi

tsahi Member

I had to actually look up what "disdain" means :zombies_confused:

I like TWD, and I like FTWD (but Rick's gang is so much better). iirc, I've never posted bitching posts on this board before. But this time, there was a sequence of impossible events that just made me wonder "how can that be" every 5 minutes, instead of concentrating on the story. It really obstructed my viewing.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ugh, one of the bad things about the internet is that sometimes what one types is misconstrued by the one reading. Please note that my above blip in bold was not directed at you as "the poster" but rather to peeps whose posts seem to be nothing but a bitch and complain rant about the same thing over and over. I apologize if you thought that this was directed at you specifically.

[​IMG]

#23 Dnae, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  4. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Not if it's like rattlesnake venom. You can ingest venom and as long as there are no open sores in your mouth or stomach you wont be affected by it. It must be injected into your skin and from there into your blood stream in order to kill you. Obviously zombie saliva in this universe works something like snake venom. It must get into your blood to infect you. Simple. Though I still wouldn't recommend drinking venom or eating after zombies. Just to be safe.

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Just to be safe. lmao

I felt like I stumbled into the Rabsified version of The More You Know. If I would have been drinking something during that sentence I think I would have spit it out. :zombies_lol:

[​IMG]

#25 PepperAnn, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  6. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

But on this one - forget the zombies. The dogs were rabid. Before attacking Nick that dog was literally frothing at the mouth, and then they ran off and attacked a whole herd of walkers. (It also bears mention that Mexico is full of rabid dogs) So nick got bit by a rabid dog, then ate raw rabid dog meat, covered in zombie saliva. You can get rabies from contact with a mucus membrane.

7. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

They weren't rabid. They were feral and starving which would also make them foam. Plus if they were rabid they would've turned on each other. Rabid animals don't run together. They become withdrawn and then toward the end they become violent. I live in the south and have dealt with rabid animals before such as raccoons, coyotes, and dogs. Those were simply domesticated dogs gone feral ad looking for an easy meal. They sensed weakness in Nick and went for him. Nothing more to it than that.

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

https://www.vetinfo.com/why-dog-foam-at-mouth.html

Common Reasons a Dog Foams at the Mouth

• Dogs that play hard or are exerting a lot of energy may foam at the mouth. When the dog is exerting a lot of energy, he may salivate heavily. As he exerts energy or effort, his breathing becomes rapid and the air of the heavy breathing turns the saliva into a froth or foam. Have to admit, chasing a herd of zombies/walkers/infected can be pretty darn taxing.
    • A dog that gets a nasty taste in his mouth may salivate and pant, developing foam that lingers around its mouth. AND I would think the zombies/walkers/infected would qualify as leaving a nasty taste in the mouth
    • Nausea can also cause a dog to salivate and pant, creating foam around his mouth. Depending upon the cause of the nausea, it may be necessary for your dog to see a veterinarian. See above, nasty zombie/walker/infected ingestion would tend to make one want to vomit...at least I assume it would
    • Stress or anxiety may be another cause for your dog to foam at the mouth. Drooling can be triggered by a nervous reaction. The drool, combined with the rapid breathing of a stressed or anxious dog, can build up foam around his mouth. Again, all the above reason enough to induce a bout of stress
    • If your dog has ingested a poison of some type, he may foam at the mouth. If you suspect poisoning, it is important to get your dog to the veterinarian immediately to prevent any permanent damage, even death.
    • A dog who is having difficulty swallowing may also foam at the mouth. If your dog is experiencing difficulty swallowing, he may also be having difficulty breathing and should see a veterinarian right away to determine the cause of the problem.
    • Oral health problems can also cause a dog to hyper-salivate and pant due to stress. Abscesses, injury and tumors can prompt this kind of activity and require veterinary attention.
    • Seizures can cause a dog to foam at the mouth. The seizure activity often causes a dog to salivate and rapidly pant, creating foam around the mouth. Depending upon the severity of the seizure activity, wild or erratic behavior may accompany the foaming at the mouth. This type of activity will appear briefly if the foaming is caused by seizures.
    • Rabies can also cause foaming at the mouth and erratic behavior. But, instead of the behaviors lasting a short time, the dog will act erratically and foam at the mouth for a long time. Again the foam is caused by excessive drooling and rapid breathing. Meh, maybe BUT I tend to think the dogs were more likely experiencing the 'foaming at the mouth' caused by one or more of the first four listed scenarios where this could happen

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rabid dog's don't cooperate with each other as a rule. They would be going after each other, as well as attacking other species. These dogs were probably just exhausted and starving. Even if they were rabid, when you're facing starvation vs. possible rabies contamination, I guess no choice is a good one.

edit: oops, nevermind, most of this was already said....

10. PepperAnn

I just got the impression that they were ravenous and....well ravenous. lol

Also, aren't rabid dogs like all jerky and spastic? Or do I just watch too many movies?

ETA nevermind, I just read @Dnae's definition of rabid. I don't just watch too many movies. :p Although I guess they aren't ALWAYS spastic but still.

• Seizures can cause a dog to foam at the mouth. The seizure activity often causes a dog to salivate and rapidly pant, creating foam around the mouth. Depending upon the severity of the seizure activity, wild or erratic behavior may accompany the foaming at the mouth. This type of activity will appear briefly if the foaming is caused by seizures.

#30 PepperAnn, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Visual aid for jerky and spastic: Elaine Dancing

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. PepperAnn

LOL!!! That's perfect. That has got to be the most memorable Seinfeld scene EVER.