Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So Many Unanswered Questions...

Discussion in 'Episode 709 - Rock in the Road' started by LGRitz13, Feb 12, 2017.

1. LGRitz13

LGRitz13 Member

Why did Gabriel pack up and leave? Where did he actually go? Does he truly want to be found? Who was the mysterious person with the black boots that has been watching members of Alexandria? Who is this new group? I could go on and on but these seem to be the most prevalent to me. So, the only question that remains is this: what do you all think?

2. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

I honestly don't even know what happened.when did he even talk to the person we just see him leave his post and go to the pantry and then what made him leave the note and how'd rick and the group find that area did they track foot prints

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think he did what he did under some sort of threat.

If you look closely, as Gabriel is driving away in the car, it looks like another person sits up in another seat, either in the passenger seat, or the back seat.

• Like Like x 3
  4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Holy crap, I missed that the first time around. Yes, definitely someone was hiding in the car.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

That mystery person is forcing Gabriel somehow I think. But who is it and how is he forcing him without Gabriel getting the others involved. When he went back to the pantry he could have possibly told someone to warn Rick and the group.

6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

That junk yard gang looks to have big numbers and guns and other weapons. They have to get their help in the war against the Saviors.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

That bit creeped me the f*ck out! Then I thought maybe I was just seeing things and watched the rest of the episode. Upon my second watch (yep the episode was worth of an immediate second watching) I paid close attention to that bit and was even more creeped out when I realized that I indeed was not seeing things the first time around!

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

That whole thing was just odd?

On one hand maybe the Boat was the place the Junkyard Dogs keep their stuff and R&A cleaned it out while one Dog watched and Gabe is trying to keep things OK by giving them some stuff back?
    But then why wouldn't the Dogs just stop the pillaging as it went on too?

Or maybe they had always wanted to get into the boat but had no idea how and when they watch R&A go right in and clean it out they are in Awe and now Rick will be their King?
    But again why not just stop it in progress and take all the stuff then too?

Neither of these answer the question of where the Dogs were in the first place while R&A were pillaging the Boat as it seems to be right in their back yard.

Or maybe there will be yet another situation that we had no way to imagine that we are just forced to accept anyway in the next episode?

9. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Does "boots and garbage gang" know how few guns and weapons Alexandrians have? If so , why settle for food ? A bunch could have gotten in with all their guns and taken over the nice houses to make their own. Unless they already know about Negan and dont want to be there?

10. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

So many unanswered questions are what you get when Scott Gimple is the showrunner. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Maybe Alexandria isn't big enough for them all. Or they're just more comfortable in the environment they've been living in. Some of them since the beginning probably.

12. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Show needs a new showrunner, pronto! Then no more unanswered questions. Also his predictable forumla. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah I totally missed this. Can't wait to rewatch!

14. Rocky

Rocky Member

Maybe it's Heath in the car with Gabriel?????

Edit to add: And that why Rick smiles at the end.

15. calliope

calliope Active Member

I'm not convinced that Fr G was coerced. He's been on that wall a lot lately, wearing his collar so maybe he's someone this person/people felt comfortable reaching out to.

He was also *very* confident in speaking with Rick at Spencer's house when they were looking for the missing weapons. He said he knew it would work out. I think he's known about this group for awhile.

I'm assuming that the person he went off with is linked to this junkyard group, although there's nothing to prove that yet. It's also a very large group. Very hard to keep fed I would imagine with no sign of them growing or raising food. I think Fr G is hoping to make a trade of food for assistance with the Saviors.

16. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

I know this is probably extremely irrelevant, but I can't stop thinking about that "PPP" card Tara picked up back in 7a. Do you think it'll link to any of the new groups/events, or was it just some weird card that'll never be explained?

I feel like there are other little details like this that have been forgotten and therefor remain unanswered. If any of you can remember other ones, please let me know! I've got a bad memory lol.

17. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I re-watched that part the other day, and was left wondering again if it was indeed supposed to be balloons to give her a sign he was alive. Maybe it will be brought up when she takes Rick to meet them, as we all know she will.

• Agree Agree x 1