Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So, NOW Who Let Negan Out?

Discussion in 'Episode 1005 - What It Always Is' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So it wasn't Brandon at all apparently. So the question still remains. More guesses?

Brandon must have followed Negan on his own after he found out Negan had disappeared? Or did Negan and Brandon have some plan in place already in case Negan ever escaped? A spot to meet so Brandon could give him supplies? It seems odd that Brandon would be able to find him at random, but it also seems odd that Negan would trust him to pre-arrange a meeting like that. Brandon could decide to lead ASZ people to him.

2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I still hope it's Carol. Brandon's character was just a useful tool (in every senses).

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

My understanding is, Brandon was the guard and so he was the first one to discover Negan had escaped. So, he took off immediately going after Negan. He must have some good tracking skill too. Then, on next morning, Siddiq and Daryl went looking for Negan. Though having better tracking skill, they could not find Negan as Negan must have gone too far now. The leather coat and new Lucille were not part of a nearby supplies stash but were carried in Brandon's backpack.

• Like Like x 1
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Why wasn’t Lucille destroyed? What were they thinking? Now the leather jacket I can understand but how was Brandon able to get his hands on these items so easily?

5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

One of the trailers for this season had Michonne holding Lucille. So maybe there's a story behind that, her keeping it for a reason, that we'll learn about later. I agree that it's odd though. It'd be the first thing I'd destroy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My take is that the bat we saw last night is not Lucille but rather a Lucille wannabe

Remember they were stopped at the point where Alpha had barbed wire in place.

Walker attacks Negan but Brandon does not help

Brandon tells Negan - sorry but I had to wrap this for you.

Meaning he had to wrap the bat in the barbed wire that they happened upon

Also the bat that Brandon gives to Negan has black tape wrapped around the end of the bat. Lucille had no tape.

#6 Dnae, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Thanks. I’ll have to go back and watch that again. I’m still curious as to where Brandon got a bat at all. Never remember seeing anyone play baseball but then of course it might have been in a closet or storage space in one of the houses in the compound.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes, it was just a bat that Brandon fixed up for him. Whether or not it made sense that he was doing it while Negan was getting attacked by a walker is another question. But I bet we see the actual Lucille again at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Exactly, that wasn't Lucille. It was a different bat with a black grip that Brandon wrapped in some of the barbed wire that the walker Negan killed was caught up in.

As far as who let him out. I know the money is on Carol, but I'm sticking with it was Daryl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Carol. I think I saw her give a WTH look at seeing Negan with the Whisperers in a preview. Maybe that is a false memory. But I'm going with Carol.

11. Stealth

Good catch. I'm going to have to rewatch parts of the episode, mainly the Negan and Alpha scenes. A lot was going on during them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stealth

I was dead set against it being Carol but the preview now has at least made me more open to the possibility. But I'm sticking with Daryl too. Carol also never had any interaction with Negan previously.

• Like Like x 1