Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So NOW who let Negan out?

Discussion in 'Episode 1006 - Bonds' started by BlackBird, Nov 11, 2019.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I just rewatched the last few episodes with my daughter who is catching up. When I asked her who she thought let Negan out, without hesitation she said: Aaron! Now I don't think anyone of us has considered Aaron in the previous threads, have we?

From the conversation Carol and Daryl had at the beginning of this episode, I have doubts again that it was either of them. However, Aaron would actually make perfect sense.

Here is a reminder of the council meeting scene:

Aaron here appears to be voting to kill Negan. Then Michonne's vote brings it to a tie. Gabriel refuses to cast a vote and asks EVERYONE to take the night to clear their heads and consider their votes. So what if Aaron reconsidered? Not kill him, but get rid of him? Repay him for saving his life? What if Aaron has let him go with the mission to either disappear or make himself useful?

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

It was the guy who Negan killed in last week's episode that let him out.

I had previously thought it was Carol, but once I watched the episode following his escape it was clear it was the douchy guy he killed with the rock.

3. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I still say Carol. Aaron would really surprise me, so that's probably who it is.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. BlackBird

It definitely wasn't him. He asked Negan who'd let him out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Hmmm.. That's an interesting take that I could see making sense in the end if Aaron did it.

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I assumed Carol. Carol would do anything if it hurt the Whisperers, and she knows Negan would.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't know, its usually not Aaron's M.O. to be sneaky like that and do something that he knew if the council found out he'd be in huge trouble, probably off the council. He uses reasoning to get people to see his point of view or plan, and he is loyal to the workings of the council. Its definitely not impossible, but Eric died due to the war with Negan, and I'm just not seeing it right now. Carol is being very deceptive and sneaky right now, with little to no loyalty to the council's decisions. She still has my vote.

8. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I can't see Aaron doing that. He might have had second thoughts about voting for Negans death, but he could just have changed his vote the next morning.
    I haven't considered Carol either, but it does make sense. She might anticipate, that Negan would cause trouble for the Whisperers or at least keep them occupied, while she figures out, how to deal with Alpha.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

How about Lydia? She has the most incentive to let him out.

10. BlackBird

Yeah, she did have the most incentive, and she even bragged about doing it, but she didn't. When Daryl cut her off by saying he kept watch all night, so he knew she didn't do it, she backed down. It wasn't Lydia.

It's either Daryl or Mz Shifty Carol, who is all about surprises and private missions these days. But I think I'm also open to the possibility of Aaron letting him go. Because he argued so much about whether it was possible for someone like Negan to be redeemed. Perhaps he decided to put him to the test.

• Like Like x 1
  11. calliope

calliope Active Member

I think if it were Daryl, he'd just admit it. He's always owned up to his actions, even the misguided ones. He certainly wouldn't be wasting his time pretending to look for Negan if he'd let him go.

My money is on Carol. I think she felt that unnecessary energy was being spent on worrying about Negan when their attention should have been on the threat of the Whisperers. If Negan was willing to try and take some sort of action against the Whisperers, so much the better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

My bet is Carol too. She seems to be the only one in ASZ that is eager to kill Alpha to revenge the death of Henry (personal level) and to break the border 'treaty'. But, it would be interesting to see how she convinced Negan to go to infiltrate the Whisperers.

13. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I still think Carol. She was looking to kill Alpha, now she just wants to destroy the herd. Something must have shifted her goal, and that’s why I think she she told Negan that it has to be him that kills Alpga.

The truth is out there

14. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

It could also be FG. He is the swing vote. So Negan will live or die by his vote. Instead of casting his vote, he let him out. Yes he was the one who found him gone, but that could have been an act. He may be thinking even if he voted to keep Negan alive, someone would/could get to him and his life is in danger.

Another question, does Negan know who let him out? Did someone come let him out or his cell gate suddenly unlocked without him knowing who was there?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Judged from his reaction to Brandon asking about his escape, I would say Negan knew who let him out.

And, whoever that is, s/he must also ask/bargain with Negan to go and deal with the Whisperers (maybe that is a condition for his release?). This can explain why when Negan got out, he went after the Whisperers. It seems he is on a mission. 

• Like Like x 3
  16. BlackBird

Great points. I think most of us agree that Negan knows who it was, because it wasn't just the case of the cell door left open. Whoever let him go, they've let him go with a mission. "If you want to earn your place here as a free man and want redemption, go and help us with the Whisperers."

We also know for sure it wasn't Lydia or Brandon.

Prime Suspects are, in no particular order:

1. Daryl. He said he kept watch that night on the house, so he knew I thought wasn't Lydia. If he kept watch like he said, it couldn't have been Carol either, as she stays in the same house. He might have been himself of course. Kill two birds with one stone: save Negan from a backlash, repay him for saving Lydia (and Aaron and Judith and dog - there's no denying that the guy has been trying) and put him to potentially good use against their main enemy. From how he was talking to Carol about Negan in this last episode, I'm not so sure he was involved. I think he kept watch like he said, and that eliminates everyone from his house.

2. Laura. If Daryl told the truth about keeping watch and it wasn't him, then it could be only someone else from the council. Laura hasn't had any focus on her this season, so that would be kind of a copout and a bit disappointing. It would make sense, but not enough drama in it.

3. Siddiq could have let him go of course, he was a passionate "no", but again, he had no personal history with Negan. Other than he might feel he owes it to Carl, Rick and Michonne to protect Negan from getting killed in an execution, after everything they've done to keep him alive.

4. Gabe. A most likely "no" and someone with a long history with Negan. He was my first guess too, it would make the most sense for it to be him. And yes, he could have pretended to be shocked that he had found him gone. Only that he was alone at the time, so there was no need to act shocked. Also, he seemed deeply in thought as he was approaching Negan's cell, like he was preparing to speak to him.

5. Aaron. He could have had a change of heart overnight. Negan just saved his life. He knows about Judith, and he must believe Daryl about Lydia. Daryl's vote came after his. Siddiq, Daryl and Gabe could have made him reconsider, and come up with an alternative plan to keep him or kill him, and finally put him to the test. Flee or earn his place.

6. Carol. She's this little vigilante kamikaze ticking time bomb, certainky not afraid to use drastic measures, so yes, she could have done it. Just from a dramatic point of view: Carol and Negan have never had any interactions. We will find out who it was eventually, either from a flashback or a conversation but Carol letting him go would be the hardest to write, for lack of history between the characters.

So right now, I'm swinging towards my daughter's idea, and would put my money on Aaron.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Siddiq also has blackout periods. Last episode he suddenly realized he was up by the windmill with his baby. So anything is possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Said everyone in Alexandria

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I can't see someone letting Negan out with a precondition that he goes take the whisperers out. It seems against the personality of Negan to agree and comply. I think Negan went to the whisperers on his own to do whatever he is planning to do.

Could it have been one of what's her name's (the one who Negan killed by accident) friend, went to his cell with a stolen key in an attempt to kill Negan for revenge, only end up being overpowered by Negan? Negan then escaped, and the guy kept his mouth shut for fear of getting into trouble with the council.

There is also the possibility that Negan let himself out, that he has already picked the lock for a while, and could have left whenever he wanted. He left once and came back on his own, they were no longer watching him that close. He could have made a workable pick for that cell just in case.

• Like Like x 2
  20. calliope

calliope Active Member

Hmmmm. I think this is a very interesting idea! I'm not a comic reader, but doesn't Negan return to his cell after escaping in the comics? Maybe this is something of a remix of that idea--that he's had the ability to leave for some time, but has opted to stay hoping to earn his freedom legitimately. With a death sentence potentially hanging over his head, it may have seemed a very good time to exercise his option.