Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So so so...is Lori alive?

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Say The Word' started by Jakobi, Nov 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

OHHHHH no we wont. I can already see it starting a whole new argument.....

:zombies_lol:

2. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

This was on a blog I went to and just read. Greg Nicotero said this about the scene and the fat walker. Just listing a couple of things here. The walker did gorge itself on Lori and it had dragged itself leaving the blood trail away from the boiler room. When Rick finds the walker it's like a callback to Lori. The fat belly of the walker and Lori being pregnant the connection of kind of sick goodbye bye Rick to Lori. And the hairs in the mouth and in the hand of the walker. Sophia connected. Showing that actually the hairs are indeed Lori's since there was never an autopsy done one the walker Rick and Daryl found and cut open. If someone could find this and post the whole thing then without a doubt. Lori is indeed dead and not coming back.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

This?

excerpt: I asked him about Lori’s body. Did the zombie really consume all of her? That doesn’t make sense.
    Nicotero said based on the trail of blood, remnants of Lori remain outside of camera’s view. Even “The Walking Dead” won’t show that much gore. “There are some boundaries here and there, believe it or not,” Nicotero said.
    He said the fact the zombie’s stomach packed with Lori guts looked oddly pregnant was a purposely throwback to Lori’s pregnancy. And he said Rick knew immediately what had happened because the zombie had Lori’s hair coming out of his mouth. He also had Rick start hacking at the stomach, possibly to see if indeed Lori was in there, another callback, this one to the opening of a dead walker to see if it had eaten Sophia season two.

Full article here:

http://blogs.ajc.com/radio-tv-talk/...e-5-say-the-word/?cxntfid=blogs_radio_tv_talk

4. Roman'sRevenge

Yes. Thank you for that wrjones.:) It was a little more detailed but yes.

5. RDZ

RDZ Member

This is similar to his comments on the Talking Dead, a portion of which I posted here as well:

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f136/fat-zombie-didnt-eat-lori-4718-10.html#post76665

6. TWDkicksass!

TWDkicksass! New Member

That thought alone just creeped me the hell out and sounds completely plausible!

7. TWDkicksass!

TWDkicksass! New Member

IMDB lists her appearance as "CREDITS ONLY" which makes me believe...

8. Slash_lady

Slash_lady Member

well, thats the thing. The director needs to explain, what he has done and why... without him saying, that lori is dead and the walker really ate her and so on..we just could have discused this for few more days......I think, that Nicotero did awfull job with Lori...hopefully, next episodes with him as a director will be better.. I really hope so...

9. zombiekilla

zombiekilla Member

Maybe they are gong to jump the shark again :(

10. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

what cinched it for me was the pile of loris clothes. if she survived why would she strip?

11. yangxai

yangxai Member

I agree with this, they really botched that scene up. It left a lot fans with questions on what really happened. I kind of get the feeling that the scene was supposed to be all about Ricks descent into madness, however it got overshadowed by Lori. Instead of us having multiple long threads about if the phone is real or who was on it; we now have multiple long threads on what happened to Lori.

12. DJEvvo

DJEvvo Active Member

Having the zombie still chewing on Lori's femur, or a small pile of inedibly large bones next to the zombie may have explained the scene a little bit better, but i feel there would still be doubters, and the director has mentioned how he was restricted as to what he could do with the scene with regards to gore etc.
    A devoured skeleton would have explained everything, but if the director is restricted, what else can he do? I think this could be why there were bones sticking out of the zombie's neck, to further clarify the events that had taken place without annoying the censors.
    I'm happy to accept that Lori is dead, and I understand that the director couldn't portray this clarification in the way he may have wanted, but when I saw the scene, I admit I was quite confused.

13. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

I can't see how they can show decayed bodies, two children shot in the head, multiple zombie kills including two prisoners getting their heads chopped in half (Tomas and the other guy) a pickaxe through the head (one of the walkers from the barn, killed by Andrea), arrows shot through eyes,and countless other kills, including Dale getting gutted, T-Dog getting his throat torn out, but they did not show the death of the wife of the lead character. They showed Carl shooting other zombies, but not his mom? Please.

I agree with the other poster about the blood trail. Having 2 c-sections myself, I can affirm that afterwards can't move for a few hours. What if she did try to crawl away like biker girl? If then, why does the trail stop? Did someone (Carol and maybe another prisoner - Axel?) carried her to the infirmary?

Way too many inconsistencies. Too many things that could be mis-interpreted. If they wanted to kill off Lori, why not just do it? Have Rick find her body....or some bones. Her left hand with her wedding ring so that he knows it is her. Her locket - zombies don't eat jewelry.

Another thought - with Rick being in a bad state of mind, what if he saw the bloated zombie as a zombie, but it was in fact Lori? The zombie reached up for him - maybe she was reaching for him for help, but he saw her as a zombie. That would explain the distended belly. If THAT happens, and Rick finds out that he killed Lori, it would send him off the deep end.

14. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

They could've straight out wrote a sign by the zombie saying "It ate Lori" and people will still wonder if she was dead.

15. Roman'sRevenge

Technically they did not show two children getting shot in the head. The film and t.v industry won't allow images of children being killed or raped. It was how it was filmed and angled that showed the little girl and Sophia getting shot and killed. Maybe because Lori was pregnant and how she was cut open and what would have been shown. Walkers are already dead and Lori hadn't turned because Carl shot her in the head to prevent that. Another example rape in films is done in such a way as not be to graphic. but not to focus so much on the act but the aftermath and effect like in the film Irreversible because of the ratings or how people would feel viewing it.

16. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

I understand that they didn't show the killings of two kids. Almost all the killings are CGI. And I wasn't even close to talking about rape.

My point was, there are too many inconsistencies for Lori's "death", and that for a show that shows everything else, if they showed Lori's half eaten body (like T-dog) it would stop any questions.

#216 theNextmrsGrimes, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  17. DJEvvo

DJEvvo Active Member

But the director has confirmed that she was eaten. They added visual references (bones protruding from the throat, Lori's hair on the walker's hands and face) to further confirm this.
    I understand that we've seen some awfully gratuitous violence in TWD so far, but if they couldn't (or simply didn't want to) show Lori's mangled remains, they did everything else aside from doing so to let you know in no uncertain terms that the majority of Lori is inside that walker.

Like I said before, if by some miracle Lori isn't dead (but she is), she is going to wish that she was.

I just don't understand why if she was taken elsewhere, she would choose to leave her clothes, a few of her bones, and enough flesh to bloat a walker, behind.

18. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I disagree with this. The girl in 101 is shown taking a bullet to the middle of the forehead, slamming back into the asphalt(in slow motion no less), with blood splattering behind and leaking from the front. The camera was pulled back for Sophia, but it still showed it. Breaking Bad has also actually shown children being killed.

These things are not being avoided by AMC. I'm not sure why people believe there is some sort of written code of conduct for the network. They're a cable network and don't have to be as subdued as the larger basic TV networks like ABC, NBC, etc. There are also ratings for this reason. If the episode/show is rated TVMA, they can basically do everything but the "F" word and graphic nudity/sex. Everything else is fair game...

They didn't explicitly show Lori's remains because they figured the audience would be able to understand what happened and didn't need everything spelled out for them. With modern audiences....they were wrong. :zombies_lol:

#218 Bassman, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  19. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

She was there but because Carl shot her before she turned, she still had human flesh. Therefor, the zombie that probably smelled her ended up eating her. That makes sense because of the chunks on the ground.

20. DJEvvo

DJEvvo Active Member

I mentioned the 'written code of conduct' as you put it, because the director has commented on it, saying something along the lines of 'people may not believe it, but we are limited in what we can show the viewer', regarding this exact scene.

I understand, believe, and am comfortable with, the fact that Lori is dead. I can accept this, while it seems others can't, BUT, the scene did confuse me. I did require further clarification on what was supposed to have taken place, which I would consider as the storytellers 'dropping the ball' on this one occasion.

TWD is, in my opinion, the best show on TV right now. But I have never seen a single show or film be what I would consider perfect throughout its entirity. And this is why I forgive TWD on this scene. It's just a bit of a bummer that it happened to be such an important one.