Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So so so...is Lori alive?

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Say The Word' started by Jakobi, Nov 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll take Nicotero's word for it, but i'm not sure how much I believe it. Looking back through the gore already seen in the series, there's no reason they couldn't have shown Lori's body. Think of the mostly eaten nurse in 101 or Carol destroying Ed's body in 105, I think it was. There are plenty of examples that prove that they could have shown more. They simply chose not to. Which in the end, was probably a poor decision because most audiences believe if it's not seen or specifically stated, it didn't happen.

EDIT: I've just read an interview with Nicotero in which he says they didn't want to show her body for artistic reasons. It had nothing to do with bein too graphic for the network or audiences, they avoided showing her body because it would have weakened the impact of her death from the previous episode. Makes sense.

#221 Bassman, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. WakingDead

WakingDead New Member

Carl dragged her body into a dark corner where she wouldn't be found, cut off her lower jaw so she couldn't bite and now will visit her to lovingly brush her hair in parallel with the governor. The distended zombie had hair in his mouth because Carl doesn't have a gentle touch so he has already accidentally ripped her scalp. He fed her the scalp and jaw to cover his tracks like when the Brady Bunch boys glued the broken vase together so no one would know they'd been playing ball in the house. Boys will be boys.

Really!

#222 WakingDead, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. DJEvvo

DJEvvo Active Member

Ah, then I was erroneous in my statement and I apologise. I must have misread or misunderstood the earlier quote.

The main confusion that myself and my girlfriend had was largely due to the walker (or rather, too-stuffed-to-walk-er)'s bloated belly. At first we thought the walker WAS Lori. Then, realising that it had obviously been a walker for quite a while, our reaction was 'then where are her remains?'.

We did not, however, think for a moment that she could still be alive after the amount of blood she lost in the previous episode. And we certainly didn't think it was Lori seen in a worse state due to Rick's mental state. I feel that theory is brought about by people overevaluating the scene.

Also, neither of us questioned Rick's actions in stabbing the walker in the belly. In his state, I personally wouldn't have questioned his actions had he started ballet dancing with the wretched thing.

All in all, they should have shown Lori's remains to clarify her death, especially as Carl's actions weren't definitive in the previous episode, and while I understand the director's actions and motives, I still feel he made the wrong decision.

One single gripe in almost two and a half seasons is certainly forgivable, though. His actions have been explained and I, for one, will certainly not stop watching such a fantastic show for a minor error that happened with the best intentions.

4. DJEvvo

DJEvvo Active Member

Shoulda used spoiler tags! You've ruined everything!!

5. Slash_lady

Slash_lady Member

artistic reasons...I dont see any artistic reasons....I felt like I was watching Tom and Jerry or Looney tunes...they allways eat everything and then their belly shows up in a shape of that eaten thing...you know what I mean... I think it was kinda insulting...they want us to believe, that she was eaten and only thing thats left of her is bloody stain...not to mention the fact, that Carl may not really killed her... And then they are wonderin, why are we so suspitious...And we are not very used to artistic touches in show like TWD... really...

6. Slash_lady

Slash_lady Member

of course, they should have shown something...a hand or finger or skull..anything....and if they didnt because of what is about to happen with the phone (and the phone part can be totally diferent to whats in the comics), I think, that they would get the same effect if they just shown some ripped part of her... Im pretty sure, that that would get Ricks mind f**ked up as well...

7. robdb

robdb New Member

First off I think and hope, Lori is alive. I have been reading some of the posts and one which the writers/director make a point of highlighting is that Lori's hair is in the walkers mouth, now i didn't see that so after watching it back im still not convinced.

1. The walker in the boiler room has long hair so in the close up shot when Rick kneels down next to it its own hair could have got stuck next to its mouth because of the blood which is sticky when drying as it definitely wasn't actually hanging out it's mouth watch the scene again.

2. I'm thinking the when the writers saw that people were talking about the hair they jumped on the chance to hype it up and throw us a curveball, I mean come on a fully grown woman would never fit inside a single walker maybe it had feasted on T-Dogg, Carol went back after hearing the gunshot saw the walker and ran down into the boiler room to escape found Lori and has took her away to fix her.

8. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

I agree with you 100%.

For such an important character, and such a pivotal scene - Rick finding out that his wife is dead, there could at least have been signs that she died - bones, etc...even half a body like T-dog's.

I am not comfortable with Lori being dead. T-Dog was easily twice as big as she was, and more than half of him was found. I don't believe the zombies dragged the body away to eat it, and for there to be NOTHING left.

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

i think the c-section ,rick pulling the bullet out of the blood pool where her head was, lori's hair in the walker's mouth, the bloated walker right next to a blood trail leading from where lori was with her clothes in the blood trail were enough to clarify she's dead. as for the rest of her body it's already been said that it is just off-screen.

10. daryldixon

daryldixon Member

I don't doubt the zombie ate her whole body, the zombie's belly was stuffed...

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

The zombie ate her but not all of her. How do you go from being a full grown 5'9" 125 pound woman (guessing from how she looks)....to being all of 1 ft by 1 ft inside a belly? Even all chewed up (gross) it would still take up more space than just a "stuffed belly"....

12. EvoQ

EvoQ Member

You ever notice that the People that Post that Lori is still alive only have like 1 post ? can you spell troll

and even the posters/people that are real and adamant/gullible will not even believe the producer/director/etc...Lori Is DEAD and has been DEAD and will Stay DEAD....Dead is like a box of Chocolates that are DEAD....... Dead is Dead, period

13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

we just didn't see her body. it wasn't necessary to see it. what wasn't eaten was just past the walker and our field of view.

14. PepperAnn

Yeah exactly. That's what I was saying. Somewhere around that Walker, was the rest of Lori. If anyone believes all of Lori could fit in that belly......it's physically impossible.

15. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it's mostly the if I didn't see it it didn't happen crowd. we need to use a little bit of imagination for once.

16. PepperAnn

That's what's so great about this show. The implications are subtle but loud at the same time. It amazes me how much people want everything spelled out. It wouldn't be half as dramatic if that were the case.

17. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

same. I almost wish they would sometimes just so crazy conspiracy theories would stop. (I like them but everyone always screams bad writing when they don't like how it turns out)

18. PepperAnn

Exactly! Just because it isn't tied up in a nice little bow during that same episode doesn't make it bad writing. I stated earlier in this thread, my theory as to why they are leaving her death somewhat ambiguous and if I am right, it makes complete sense. Most story bits don't wrap up all nice and neat within one episode....so it's going to be frustrating. You just have to wait and see how it plays out. :Grin:

19. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

agreed. though i've guessed what happens I can't wait to watch it.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

My first thoughts were:

OMG LORI TURNED!!!!
    Then to a sudden more shocking revelation, OMG THEY FORGOT THE OTHER TWIN, (because of the fat belly)
    And finally, OMG RICK'S STABBING LORI'S BELLY, Rick really hated her...

Haha then I realized it was a male walker and Lori couldn't have turned anyway,
    1) She was shot in the brain
    2) Even if she wasn't, She'd take some time to turn, hours at least.