Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So what is Carol's end game?

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by RoboLives, Mar 15, 2015.

1. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

What is Carol trying to do? Why does she want Rick to kill Pete the doctor so badly. I know Carlol's husband abused her but really, kill the guy for assumed abuse. She is up to something else.

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I don't think she's got an agenda. It's an issue that hits close to home for her, so she's probably just jumped the gun with wanting him dead without confirmation.

3. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

4. Mello

Mello Member

I don't think Carol is up to anything she's just in the "kill now, questions later" mentality. Besides, who's gonna lose sleep from someone who beats his wife and kid being dead?

5. mfinley

mfinley Member

Carol has no problem with anybody outside or inside the group being eliminated, she has a list in her head of things that put you on the death list.

6. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Carol 'knows things that others don't'. She's the Den Mother that preserves order.

7. Dr John Smith

Dr John Smith New Member

Carol knows signs of abuse when she sees it. And if wasn't for the fact that she already got into hot water once for unilateral killing, I think she would've taken care of Pete herself already.

8. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Because assumed abuse doesn't warrent death and who is going to patch up Tara when they bring her back.

9. Steppin' Razor

She says Rick has to kill him, to her I think it is inevitable, there is no way Rick can go confront Pete without it ending that way. I mean , just listen to the way she says "You're gonna have to kill him."

10. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I agree that Carol doesn't have an agenda; she knows the signs of abuse, and reported it to Rick, who is now the town constable. So Carol's trying to make Alexandria work, too.

I also think Carol knows that to the townspeople, Pete's occupation as a doctor, outweighs spousal battery, and the only way Rick can stop it is to kill Pete.

11. ancor288

ancor288 Member

What do you want Rick to do? If they talk to Deanna or Pete both are going to probably say that the accusation is false or one will say it is false and the other (Deanna) is going to be diplomatic about it and try to remove pete from the house and place him somewhere else. He is their resident doctor after all so I don't see her kicking him out. And if he is removed from the home, that doesn't mean he is removed from the problem. He can still abuse his wife and kids. So, why even bother trying to fix it, when you can just off him and be done with it? I think that is what Carol thinks is best.

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I agree. The reason that she told Rick instead of going after Pete herself is that it is officially his job to investigate this kind of thing. Carol thinks it's a done deal and Pete needs to go, but ultimately it's up to Constable Rick to make that judgement for himself.

13. tombradyfan

tombradyfan Member

if somehow rick doesnt take him out (probably wait until he patches tara up) carol is gona give him the karen treatment and eliminate the threat to the groups safety

14. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

How is Pete a threat to the groups safety's?

15. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Carol straight up kills anyone she deems a threat. She is awesome but dangerous and risky to have in the group. I think she went to Rick because last time she skipped that step he banished her.

16. Daryl's Owl

Daryl's Owl Member

Carol know's what's up. She's suffered abuse in the past but she's not just going to go and kill Pete and risk her position in Alexandria. She tells Rick so he can investigate. She's got a lot of power being in the position that she's in. The only alexandrite who knows anything about her shadiness is Sam and as we can see he's drawn to Carol's power. I feel like he understands that Carol is someone who can get things done, he clearly wants to do something about the situation at home and he see's Carol as possibly being a means to that end.

If Carol has an "endgame" I would believe that it's as simple as trying to use her power to shape the new world. Alexandria can be many things, there's a lot of potential there. It's a step in the direction towards rebuilding society and Carol wants to play a role in shaping it, mainly making it a world where the abuse that she suffered isnt tolerated

17. Something2Fear

Agreed. Carol realizes despite the fact he's a doctor Pete is doing more harm than good by both being a drunk porch dick and a wife beater. She sees him as a threat and suggests to Rick that said threat be eliminated.

18. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Carol doesn't have an endgame. She is very reactionary. See threat, eliminate threat. That is her whole MO.

19. tombradyfan

tombradyfan Member

way i see it is jessie and her kids are now part of ricks group. for the most part ricks group is now most of alexandria, especially because hes now officially the constable. seeing as how hes in charge of their safety it makes him their leader (despite deannas delusions about still being their leader). imho when rick talks about "taking this place over" hes not talking about killing everyone, quite the contrary, he wants to take it over for the good of his group obviously, but also anyone else in alexendria who is smart enough to understand that they should follow him and his group. Similar to when beth dies he says that anyone in the hospital who wants to can come with them. he will assimilate them into their group. And i think that has already basically happened in ricks mind with jessie and her sons, at least when it comes to protecting them from some physical threat. kinda reminds me of when shane beat up ed in s1e3 after he smacked carol

20. tombradyfan

tombradyfan Member

forgot to mention my previous post was in reply to yours robo