Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So what is Carol's end game?

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by RoboLives, Mar 15, 2015.

1. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Then its still Pete's fault for not keeping his wife in check so carol is still right

2. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

I agree with your post, but I think she tells Rick because of the group, not the ASZ

3. boutte

boutte Active Member

I think Carol has gone over the edge. Killing is no longer a big deal to her. She's become a sociopath.

4. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

LOL Sorry but this is ridiculous. You wouldn't blame the wife for staying with an abuser - but you would blame the husband?

Double standards and completely hypocritical and hyperbolic.

5. rustybag

rustybag Member

I think you are right and I agree with you about the premature perceptions about Pete. Also, notice she didn't go to Rick and say "Sam asked for a gun. You need to investigate. I suspect Pete might be abusing them". No, she said "Pete's hitting Jesse. And maybe Sam too". Then she told Rick he needs to kill him. Using Rick's feelings towards Jesse to trigger his protective instincts perhaps? Maybe she feels like Rick only took her back because she saved them from Terminus, doesn't fully trust him (we have seen him behave in ways that could be interpreted as unpredictable or unstable at times), and is trying to even the score over David & Karen by having Rick be the one to off Pete prematurely. It's possible she might not even be aware that she is doing this; that it's a subconscious survival mechanism on her part.

They were also going back and forth between the scene of Gabriel talking to Deanna and Rick talking to Carol. I do think there are some parallels there, Carol can be rather cunning too, and Gariel is a hypocrite and throwing them under the bus, but isn't exactly wrong about some things (evil masquerading around as innocence)..I wouldn't say she's evil, but her actions have been rather controversial, and Carol has put on an innocent act so far in front of Deanna. I thought it was interesting and clever how they were going back between Gabriel and Carol both being somewhat manipulative with the "leaders" and spinning the truth just enough, even if perhaps they did believe what they were saying was true, or driven by a strong instinct for self preservation?

#45 rustybag, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  6. Screaminleeman

Took the words right out of my mouth. Either this was the single most pathetic writing making the van falling nose first off the bridge onto it's four wheels mundane.

I mean why would the writers 100% intentionally attempt to paint the picture of a large male physically abusing a small female or child without leaving a single mark. They WOULDN'T.

They are either disgustingly and unacceptably making spousal abuse into a pretty picture or they are NOT really portraying Pete as the abuser.

I hope that we are NOT dealing with writer ineptitude that makes that van fall look absolute genius.

Glorify spousal abuse all you like. I hope you naive types don't soften your stance on the subject due to the zero visible damage that it causes on TWD.

Jessie is the abuser. The boys don't show marks because they are being spanked on the backside!

If Pete hit Jessie, only the most gullible UFC fan could buy this poop!

Sorry, a six foot 200 pound male hits a 5'6" woman and she is flat out busted up.

7. T_S_A_R

T_S_A_R New Member

It doesn't have to be heavy right hands with domestic abuse. Pete could be seriously abusing his family without really causing them much physical pain.

On the other hand given that Jessie is super confident and cuckolding her husband with Rick I think she might be the problem in the household.

For Carol's part she clearly doesn't care about this family but this is a chance for her to drive a wedge between the group and the Alexandrians which she is desperate for. If she was truly upset about the domestic violence she would deal with it herself, not run to Rick. She has went to Rick because she wants to cause friction between Rick and Deanna.

8. Screaminleeman

Or she has noticed that Rick is eyeing Jessie. She also knows Jessie is a mild abuser and a problem that she could easily deal with.

Pete however being the community Doctor would have the leverage to either have the Grimes group banished from the compound, or force the group to go full overthrow mode.

If she is trying to get hooked up with Rick, she see's Jessie as her competition. If it is proven that the children were being abused, and that Pete died at Rick's hands for doing the job that Deanna assigned him to do! He would have just defended three ASZ members from harm. Defended himself during the investigation against the enraged abuser Pete would be accepted given that Jessie is able to convince the kids that they need to corroborate that Pete was the abuser or they "would all be exiled".

Jessie would hate Rick for killing her whipping boy so Carol would have successfully driven the wedge into their potential relationship.

Jessie is fodder for Carol at that point!

9. IMRICKGRIMESBCH

IMRICKGRIMESBCH New Member

Her endgame is just like everyone else. Survival. She is very concerned about the group becoming soft. I predict she won't have to worry about that. My guess is that Rick will end up killing the Doctor. Glenn will come back without the Son of the camp leader ( I forget her name sorry) and the Priest's words will start to resonate in her ears. She will exile one or multiple members of the group and of course a heard of walkers will come by at the most "inconvenient" time. (I'm not sure when a convenient time is for a heard of walkers lol.) The place will be overrun and the group will be separated again and we will spend season 6 with them out on the road and eventually finding one another once again with the crazy black dude from the 1st episode playing a key role.

10. Ricktatorship80

"Look at the flour, Pete." - Carol

11. rustybag

rustybag Member

It sounds like you are referring to physical abuse, when abuse can also be emotional and psychological in nature. I agree with you that Peter is getting an unfair shake here, but you lost me on Jesse. What have we seen from Jesse that would indicate she's abusing her children?

12. Turbo23dog

Turbo23dog New Member

^ right, there's not a scrap of evidence that Jesse is the source of the abuse, mental or physical.

13. Contaminated

Contaminated Member

There are numerous instances of abuse where the physical location on the body is in a place not visible while wearing clothes. Her ribs could have been broken for all we know. He is a doctor, so whatever injuries he might have caused he could also treat. This style of abuse is usually intentional by the abuser to hide it.

He may also just be a complete drunken psycho and may full on verbally abuse his family. The clue for me was the party and the way he shut Jessie down when she offered to get the drinks. That is classic controlling behavior.

If Sam broke the Owl, it could have been him acting out from abuse. Or maybe he was covering for his father in the spur of the moment afraid he might be harmed if he told anyone.

Perhaps we're all wrong and there is something else we haven't thought of.

As for how to deal with it.... capital punishment for spousal or child abuse? might be harsh in our current world. But this is not our current world this is an apocalypse where the rules are kill or be killed.

14. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Carol is well capable of dealing with Pete herself The fact shE told Rick to is down to dodgy writing not carols cunning plan. The writers needEd to make it look like rick has a valid reason to kill Pete besides wanting to shag hIs wife.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

If that were all there was to it then why not just have Rick realise Pete's abusive himself like in the comics? Carol told Rick because she's going to have a bigger role in this storyline, I think.

16. sam12six

sam12six Member

You could be right about this being yet another weak way for the writers to light the fuse for an upcoming explosion. On the other hand, let's remember that Rick banished Carol, which is basically saying I don't give a damn whether you live or die. She then headed back to the prison - I've always suspected to snatch the kids (and maybe even get a little revenge). When she singlehandedly saved everyone and destroyed Terminus, she didn't even get an apology.

We know from how she's dealing with the Alexandrites that she's capable of looking into someone's eyes and smiling as she sharpens the knife she plans to plant between his or her ribs. If she's doing it to them, she could be doing it to Rick. If Rick were to kill porch dude in anything but absolute self defense, I can totally imagine Carol's turning around and saying he should be banished because he's too dangerous to be around families since that's exactly what he did to her.

While the show's history would seem to indicate that it's just a weak setup for future conflict, it's intriguing to imagine that Carol's carrying some righteous bitterness and looking for a little payback.

EDIT:

And I still say the architect is abusing the kids.

17. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Yeah I like the idea That she could be setting Rick up for a mighty fall. She could well be the smiling assasin
    Problem is she'd be putting the rest of team Family in danger and I don't see her doing that. I think she genuinely cares abouT them

18. boutte

boutte Active Member

Wow! Some really off the wall theories in here.

To me the most likely scenario is that Carol recognises the signs of abuse. The kid seems to want to latch onto someone he feels is inclined to buck the established authority. Break the rules.

Prior to that Carol didn't want to have anything to do with him probably because she soesn't want get attached to any children. The last few kids she tried to nurture all died horrible deaths. Like everyone else in the group she has a severe case of PTSD.

Like I said in another post she's at risk of becoming sociopathic.

19. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

With due respect I wish to point out a small detail: Carol returned to the prison only when she saw smoke rising from it. Otherwise, I enjoyed your post.

20. sam12six

sam12six Member

They did have the scene where she sees smoke and rushes that way, but if you think about it, since the entire prison fight took about 3 minutes, for her to get there just as the action was winding down and follow Tyreese and the other girls, she had to be awfully damned close.

I believe she was so close because she wanted to snatch the kids and Rick. Once she had them, she probably planned to stash the kids somewhere while she dealt with Rick. She'd put zip ties tightly around his wrists and ankles so that lack of circulation killed his extremities, then she'd dump him amongst a bunch of zombies and watch him stumble around on his dead feet and try in vain to pick up weapons with his dead hands, all while she laughed and laughed.

At least, this is what I think she was planning.