Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So what was Eugene's solution to the herd?

Discussion in 'Episode 807 - Time for After' started by Mother dick, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

So let me get this straight....Eugene's great epiphany was to suggest that they shoot their way out of the herd?

Really? I mean, am I missing something here?

And it took Daryl driving a truck through the wall for Eugene to come to this conclusion? Why not do this from the get go? Did Negan forget Eugene can make bullets until he was reminded?

Someone in another thread mentioned maybe the Saviors used the workers are walker bait to escape...but that makes no sense as we know Negan values people as resources. And with all their workers gone, who would run the place?

Wouldn't put it past these writers, though. Show is really a mess these days.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. yourbasics

yourbasics New Member

Maybe Dwight?

My guess is Dwight's voice while pledging his allegiance to Rick had been captured by Eugene's tape recorder. Eugene shows the evidence to Negan and Negan uses Dwight to draw Rick's people. Just a wild guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Eugene could have taped Dwight's dialogue with him on the roof top. But I do not think he uses Dwight as a bait or hostage to force Rick's snipers to retreat.

If I heard it correctly (I hate Eugene's voice...it is so much murmuring...so hard to follow), he mentioned about fixing the intercom system in the compound. Maybe he uses the intercom loud speakers to strategically broadcast noise in such a way as to draw the herd into certain area of the compound so that the main saviours can escape through another area.

Once the saviours get passed the herd, they will likely just force their way out through the snipers. Morgan and Tara would retreat on their own. At the end when Rick arrives, I think he found the body of one of his snipers being eaten by 3 walkers. This sniper might have been killed when the saviours force their way out.

4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It was a strange scene. Sounded like that was the plan. Shoot their way out and let Eugene restock their ammo. Not very original but in a way, it sort of takes the heat off Daryl. If it ends up being Daryl's fault they escape, then every death as a result falls squarely on his shoulders. That would be something Rick couldn't let slide.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Oh, it's all on Darryl, no mistake about that. Had he not driven the truck into the building they would have just stayed put. Maybe the big surprise for next week is that Rick shoots him. But I have a sinking feeling that it's Rick on his way out, not Darryl - and that's what that stupid dream thing was about..

6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think the dream thing was Rick imagining "What could have been". Sort of like his dinner dream.

Most likely the show will explain that Daryl's move wasn't the reason they escaped or it will end up causing KAH to win and any death will be the result of someone else's mistake.

I mean if anybody important dies and it's because Daryl caused them to escape, Rick might just end up killing Daryl. Which would be the most shocking moment on the show and would justify all this "the scene you will be talking aboutcc stuff on ttd.

7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I thought Eugene would have already been making bullets for the Saviors. Wasn't that Negan's main reason to take him there? But he has been repairing boomboxes?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Eugene made it sound like the machines to make Ammo were not there at the Sanctuary to me too so I wonder about that?

So his initial idea was to draw the herd away with that idiotic tiny flying Fat Lady Drone but Dwight Shot that idea down,Pun Intended.

Then the new bold idea seemed to be just blast the way out and they seemed to have enough ammo to do so before Daryl helped even more by putting the dead inside a Kill Box where they could just mow them down from that balcony better than if they had to do it from outside.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

This is just outright terrible writing. I'm certain the writers chose to have the compound surrounded by walkers then LATER realized "wait a minute, it's going to be hard to come come up with a way for them to escape" so they just decided to confuse us and just decided to make all the walkers disappear, chalking it up to Eugene being a genius. This is Z nation level stuff at this point but at least that show is honest about how ridiculous it is when people get out of tough spots like this.

Eugene did NOT have any time to make any bullets to prevent the horde from killing off most the people inside that compound. Walkers can climb stairs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Not when it's most logical then they forgot. They forgot how to bite when Gabe was stuck outside in 801

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

We don't know exactly what happened yet, lol, so we're judging what we don't know ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Except that there was a quick line from I think barcode neck girl that the stairs were ready and they could start.

Walkers can climb stairs as long as there is not a giant pile of dead walkers in the way.

I think the plan was to let that happen so they could just mow them down from that balcony,seems sort of obvious even to me but not to Daryl who lived in there for a while somehow.

• Like Like x 2
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Logic seems to have been completely arbitrary since the Glenn/Dumpster thing. Now it's strictly plot point writing across the board.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Didn't you watch where Eugene flew a drone equipped with blaring music off the roof, when Dwight stepped out and pointed a gun at Eugene and told him to step back from that? Then, after Eugene refused to cease and desist Dwight shot up the drone, you didn't see that?

Ok, I do realize this involves speculation but...
    I believe that in a scene we did not get to see, right after Eugene has his great MOUTH OFF at Father Gabriel, Eugene told Negan ALL about that little roof episode with the D.
    That's what Negan got all excited about, he suddenly KNOWS who the dirty little double-crosser is because he's been suspecting it for some time... He even went so far as to let Eugene know last epi, "if you don't get these walkers out of here you will die"...
    Then came the bit about shooting their way out, now that they had the hole etc, etc...
    And Dwight enters that meeting, when Eugene walks out saying "I will leave you to your last point" or something to that effect and then goes to his room to puke and drink... There aren't that many logical explanations as to why Eugene would've gotten so ill.
    I mean other than he knew he'd just royally screwed over Rick & Co.

#14 8307c4, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  15. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

As much as I hate too,I will admit that I like this idea and now I need to watch again to see if I agree and missed the ideas you outline here.
    This makes a lot more sense than the convoluted time sequence that I got(and often seem to get) watching the first time.

negan can only really suspect Eugene or D as a traitor and we all thought Eugene recorded D's conversation on the roof and even if Eugene did not rat out D beforehand it was all too obvious the second D entered the room and Eugene clearly telegraphed the idea so that even a blind man would understand him.

The whole idea that they just blast the way through the dead was only facilitated by Daryl crashing the hole in the wall in the end.

I also thought it was funny Eugene commenting on the Intercom repair so as to not tip off Dwight(which was absurd) so their comms could improve as this is exactly the biggest issue our group will have with Daryls screwed plan that they all know nothing about.
    If Daryl had thought to make sure his actions really worked maybe the MSF would not need to feature the groups "Reductions" coming this week.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

There HAS to be a twist to the saviors escape plan. I cant imagine Eugene going up to Negan like "I got it!! We shoot our way out." That option was always on the table. Owell, find out next week.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The whole butthurt Daryl, Tara and Morgan was all about writing them stupid to make forced plot movement to get Saviours out. Convenient writing them stupid has been a thing the last few seasons. Like when Tara and Rosita could not headshot one wolf taking the non-doc doctor of ASZ as hostage. Or how no one considered that 1 route inside the Sanctuary with armed psychos was not enough with this small horde when a society of inexperienced red shirts drove away a MUCH bigger herd.

#17 Marc, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Every time I think the show will answer a question, it fails to do so.....but here goes.

Maybe it was left unsaid, how they escaped, because it will be explained later. We know the snipers are dead and Morgan was a sniper. Assuming Morgan is alive he will be the one to explain to Rick how the saviors escaped.

I'm hoping that it will have nothing to do with Daryl, and if anything, Daryl's plan actually killed a number of saviors and ended up NOT working against Rick.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

In the previews we see some sort of can "bombs" and Negan threatens to "bomb" Alexandria.

I'm wondering if Eugene's plan wasn't to harvest the gun powder from their ammo to craft makeshift bombs to blow their way out.

That's why Negan says they will need to resupply their ammo and why he doesn't threaten to shoot everybody at Alexandria.

Yes, the idea if using up their gun powder flies in the face of Eugene's ability to make bullets, but lets be honest. He made Rosita's 9mm round with no gun powder and using a .357 or .44 casing. So they obviously aren't sticking to the rules when it comes to this.

• Like Like x 2