Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So who is the Good Man?

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - The Good Man' started by EZD, Oct 5, 2015.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Well?:zombies_rolleyes:

2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

My vote goes to Strand. He, sort of, saved Nick and led the group to his house. And he has a plan too (ie going to the boat).
    (it is funny to see him packing his neatly pressed shirts into the bag..lol)

3. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

It was the concept.

Good men die first

Travis was the good man, he's sacrificed being a pre ZA good man.
    He sacrificed the good man inside.

4. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I also believe it's more of a concept than an individual. Was Daniel a good man for using torture ? No, but ultimately that information saved Nick and that is good. Was Travis being a good man when he let the soldier go? Yes, but it got Ofelia shot and almost killed. Is Strand a good guy? Doug and Nick would have different answers.
    Who is "good" is subjective.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't think there was one 'good man'. I also think it was a concept. They were saying 'here are the things a good man might have to do to survive'. Daniel, Strand, Travis, Dr. Exner, and so on. There's actions might not always have good consequences, but it was what they felt they needed to do.

6. marcusg

marcusg New Member

I also felt it was a concept but the group leaving the neighbors without warning them makes me do a double take. So if it wasn't a concept and there was one person who the writers were thinking about being the good man, I would have to agree with blueman and say it was Strand.

or. Maybe it was Travis's ex-wife or the military doctor.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't think telling the neighbors would have helped anything much. Cobalt didn't involve killing them, only killing the people in the medical compound. There was really no sense having them panic in the middle of the night, let them find out the next day that the military had abandoned them.

8. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

This has been present throughout the show.

Tobias tried to warn Maddie, did she believe him?
    No

These people around them are liabilities, too dumb to see what was happening around them.

9. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Could make the case that Nick is the good man.

Maybe, but he showed his true colours under fire.

[​IMG]

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I go with the most obvious answer. Travis. I think he had 5 choices to make during the ep:
    1. Letting Andrew go
    2. Leaving the gate open and not informing the neighbors
    3. Opening the cages
    4. Not killing Andrew
    5. Killing Liza

Plus, if you want to count it, going along with Daniel's plan to open the arena.

I say "obvious" because among the male cast members, Travis is the only one we have been comparing to Dale or Hershel. But this episode showed that someone can be "good" only some of the time if they want to survive with their loved ones.

11. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

I'm going to do something unusual for me and keep it simple. I think Travis is 'The Good Man'. This was totally his episode, and under all the noise it was about the ways a decent person might come to find that decency is sometimes impossible. One of the most compelling struggles any of our characters in either show face is establishing a base line between what they're willing to do to survive and what they can live with having done. That's what Travis is now facing, and it makes him one of the more interesting and unpredictable members of this rather ruthless new group.

#11 Tara La Reine, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Definitely Travis. Even when he beat Adams to a pulp, it was mostly because Adams needed to be taken down. You don't shoot Ofelia to get back at Daniel. You just don't. Travis was as spontaneously brave and decent to attack Adams as our three young real-life soldiers were to take down the terrorist shooter on the French train.

13. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I'm with all the others who voted for Travis as the "good man". Between him letting Andy go and trying to save everyone in the cages, it showed his true nature. However, we also see what can happen to the "good man" when put in a situation like he was with Andy towards the end.

14. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

I'm not convinced they didn't close the gate ,it was a pretty packed episode and TWD is sort of know for cutting stuff like that.

I too think it was the general concept of exactly what is a "good man" and how long deep does being "good" hold in a crisis.

15. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

hands down travis for me. this was his episode and showed that a good man still has the burden of reaping the consequences of his own goodness in this world--or doing terrible things in spite of it.