Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So why do the Wolves kill?

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by zeke10, Dec 1, 2015.

1. zeke10

zeke10 Member

Both the one in JSS and the leader stated people don't belong here anymore. They seem very cultish but we know almost nothing about them yet.

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Because they're certifiable batshithouserat cray-cray.

3. zeke10

zeke10 Member

Well ik that lol i meant like are they doing it for cult like reasons? Would love a webisode on them.

4. allrightcoral

allrightcoral New Member

Either they're a bunch of murdering psychopaths who love the taste of blood OR... nope that's the only possibility. Even if they started out as normal, less icky people, the way they've changed their perception of the world to survive has made them that way. They kill and they take what's left. Saying they "free" people is just an excuse.

5. zeke10

zeke10 Member

True true. Do you guys think we'll learn the leaders name before he dies and do you think morgan will kill him finally?

6. allrightcoral

allrightcoral New Member

Not until next season.

7. batongal

batongal Active Member

They say they kill to set people free because they don't belong in that world. They use every bit of said person, nothing is wasted. If you cut through all the b.s. I'd bet they were a bunch of losers in the old world (think Joe and the Claimers) and grabbed the perfect opportunity to rise up and inherit the earth thanks to the apocalypse.

8. drifter77

drifter77 Member

The funny thing is the Wolves were pretty much bad at everything. Sure they killed some redshirts, but they knowingly attacked a community armed with guns, in broad daylight. No surprise they suffered near 100% casualties. And they sucked at looting. One dude was carrying books when Carol shot him for heaven's sake.

And in all their ransacking, they never came across guns? Idiot Aiden and his crew found crates and crates of guns and ammo, the wolves could only scare up one empty pistol?

The Wolves story would have been better had they not built it up for half a season first (*cough* Terminus *cough*). If JSS came out of the blue, it would be more shocking. As it was, it was kind of a letdown. Sure, this last wolf will probably stir up a couple problems before he's killed, but all in all the wolves were a joke.

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I agree, if the show will not offer further background info about the Wolves.

So many 'inconsistencies'. For one, their attack of ASZ shows their stupidity, but the whole food truck trap shows some ingenuity.
    For two, the Alpha Wolf just does not have the charisma needed to lead such a cult.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It seems to be they have developed a cult-like mentality that believes that this was suppose to be our extinction event, and that their job is to finish off the few survivors who weren't meant to be here after that event. They probably believe they themselves are still suppose to be here [as alpha wolf stated to Denise], because they still have a job to do [killing everyone else].

11. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I doubt that we'll get any kind of back story or explanation. They're basically just a cultish group of people with psychopathic tendencies who believe that the world belongs to the walkers now. They've taken it upon themselves to help eliminate the people from the world.

12. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I'm sure if the world were to go to caca, there'd be people like this. Using terror and strength over others is a thrill and middle finger to the circumstances they are in. I don't think people would have to look far & wide for these peeps. There are a lot of depraved souls in this world- given the right atmosphere, I'm sure they wouldn't have to recruit.

The Wolves remind me a lot of rapists. For them, it's not about the sexual pleasure, it's about dominance and power over individual(s).

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Not only would there be people like this, there would be A LOT of people like this, I think. Not necessarily exactly like the wolves, but equally as evil. The world would be a scary place. If I was the leader of ASZ and a group tried to breech our walls without our permission, I'd give the order to shoot them dead. Even if they didn't physically attack anyone. If they just tried to breech the walls in some way. No second chance. No "leave now and don't come back". Just dead.

14. zeke10

zeke10 Member

Just realized they're like morgan when he was clearing

15. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they survived as long as they did...
    They even sucked at killing, wasting all sorts of time and energy chopping up arms and legs and basically just being total beasts... I get the psycho part, I understand the shock value of it... But it's still a very inefficient way of doing things.
    Slash and hack and once dead, head-poke.
    Done... Keep going, on to the next.
    That's just as shocking if you ask me.

Some of them were so into the hack and slash they appeared to totally forget their surroundings, that's really a bad way of going about it. Like just sneak up on one and bop them over the head with a baseball bat, not to mention walkers...I am thinking this group regularly "lost" members due to stupidity, but always had more people wanting to join.

Obviously they've also been really lucky and had not ran into some hospital ward or governor types.

The food truck trap was pretty darned ingenious...
    So ingenious in fact I found it hard to believe the two events belonged to the same group.

#15 8307c4, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  16. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

The wolves are a joke. How they were able to ever sustain themselves as a group is beyond me. They are unorganized and don't even have a ideology to hold them together and make them want to do all this killing. Insane in the membrane!

17. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Ingenious, but soooooo inefficient. So first they snag 20 or so walkers, "torso" them, hoist them up on hooks in semis. Then they rig up elaborate music PA system to lure more into trucks. Rig up all sorts of cabling, etc. Then they lure a bunch more into the fenced in area. Great, trap is set.

Anyone who falls for the trap, will first have to kill most/all of the walkers in the fenced in area, and probably a good number more after they spring the trap. Great, so you end up getting the supplies from one or two, perhaps a handful of people -- a couple backpacks worth of supplies at best. THEN, you have to haul away 20 to 30 walker bodies, replenish the ones you lost, lure them back into the semi's to reset the trap.

No wonder they seemed so well off !

18. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

^ Exactly. The walker trap was creative, but at the end of the day still stupid and crazy. I find the two go together well.

How did they survive for so long? Ambushing weak survivor groups and individuals. Rick's group is particularly hardened and the Wolves likely are apart of a greater syndicate.

The guns thing though is off. The writers should have put in that they explicitly have something against using anything other than melee weapons in their cultish ways to write that off. But instead the Wolves get excited anytime they find one and have no problem using it.

Anything though can be written off as crazy if the characters are crazy. Crazy doesn't ever make sense.

19. raccoon city

raccoon city Member

I don't know. Until I know more about them I'm just sticking with: They're full blown crazy.

20. Shonen

Shonen Member

So they are like Morgan before he went through his whole spiritual relief program.