Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

So would Tainted Meat have worked?

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by Jato, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Jato

Jato Member

So I just realised, we'll never find out if Gareth and the other hunters would have turned for eating shishka-Bobs. Do you think they would have? They weren't exhibiting any signs.
    Maybe they Gareth thought they were going to turn hence the reckless storming of the Church? (Although he wouldn't have asked for their lives if he did so I guess not).

Thoughts?

2. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I think the chances that eating tainted meat working along the same lines as a bite are high enough that if you're a cannibal you should probably avoid the practice.

3. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

Nah, everyone is infected anyway. But I really wanted to see what would happen.

4. Sildee

Sildee Member

What you're saying is not right. It's a way too common misconception. The disease that turns people into walkers is something completely different from the infection a walker bite gives you.

5. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

That is true. I'm just referring to the potential to turn when dead.

6. agadu2

agadu2 Member

No I don't think a zombie virus is part of this story. I think that there was a chance that they could have caught a deadly disease but its becoming more apparent that it's not a virus but it's a religious themed apocalypse. I think it's one of reasons the tainted meat storyline wasn't left to play out so that they could just focus on life in the apocalypse rather then how it all started.

7. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I do not think it would have worked because the meat was cooked. The meat would not make them any more infected but maybe if raw, they would have become sick and died.

But the psychological effect was pretty awesome! And the Hunters should have figured out then and there not to mess with Rick's group. They couldn't even eat one of them and come out on the winning side. lol

8. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

I laughed when they tried to spit the meat out

9. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

It's open to interpretation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

A person can eat very rancid meat, but it has to be cooked extremely well done.
    That being said, ordinary food poisoning would not be out of the question that could have made them quite sick ...sick enough to die and then turn ( much like the prison flu ).

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

You can't get more 'infected', and since everyone has it, eating more of it won't make a difference in my opinion.

12. Zombombie

Zombombie Member

I dont think it would work like that.

Everyone is infected anyways, the bite kills them by making them fatally ill, imo there is zero difference between a bite and the prison flu, both just create a fatal secondary infection, Cooking bob would have killed off the bacterias that would cause the secondary infection.

IMO, the infection is very similar to HIV, as HIV isnt what kills you its the secondary Infection that does it., the first stage just makes you unable to fight off the secondary part.

13. Sildee

Sildee Member

so... why is everyone saying "everyone is infected anyways" when the disease you get from the bite has nothing to do with the disease that turns dead into walkers. I don't understand.

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Because whatever it is EVERYBODY will turn into walkers when they die, so they all already have it.

We've speculated here that the bite causes something like the bacteria in the mouth of a komodo dragon, which causes a massive infection and sepsis and you die.

15. agadu2

agadu2 Member

Because there isn't a disease that turns you from dead to walker. It's just God carrying out judgement day.

16. tink

tink Well-Known Member

There's never been any indication that it's god doing it. At all. It's a medical process, they showed that at the CDC before it blew up.

17. mrs_shanewalsh

mrs_shanewalsh New Member

I mean, if people got sick and died from Mad Cow Disease, I think it's possible that they would have gotten some of Bob's infection and turned. Otherwise, why didn't they finish him off? Or why must they hunt humans, they could easily eat the dead

18. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Sorry to resurrect and old topic but I didn't see this issue answered before anywhere else here. I think they absolutely did show us that Bob's tainted meat was having some sort of effect on the Terminus people. In the scene where the guy with the baseball cap (the guy that Tyrese let live) right before he kneels down in the church.... he turns his head and lets out a very nasty cough. They are telling us at the very least that the tainted meat is making them sick, if not killing them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ronen Festinger

Ronen Festinger New Member

Also if it was safe to eat. Than nobody would have a starving problem, because people could just cook walkers meet.