Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

O.k., this is pretty funny. Ford wanted to test self-driving delivery cars that will bring your dominos pizza to your house. The project failed because people weren't willing to walk to the curb to get their pizza!:eek: Now it's back to the drawing board, and Ford is testing putting delivery robots in the driverless cars to walk the pizza box up to your door. A neat concept, but I can see a few problems arising when implemented IRL.

LOL, also, I wonder how many people are going to have their pizza sent to "Sarah Connor"?

"
    Ford is developing self-driving delivery vehicles it plans to launch in 2021, but there’s a problem.

If there isn’t a driver, who’s going to bring the package or pizza to your door?

[​IMG]
    (Ford)

In tests with faux-autonomous Domino's Pizza cars, Ford discovered that a lot of people were simply too lazy to make the trip to the curb to get their orders from the car themselves, so it came up with the obvious solution: robots.

The automaker has teamed up with Agility Robotics to field trial a humanoid robot that can unload and carry as much as 40 pounds to its final destination.

In a demonstration video released with the news, the skeletal biped rides curled up in the back of a van and is deployed like one of the Battle Droids from “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.” Its name is Digit, but instead of fingers, it has ball-shaped composite pads with nubs that allow it to hold on to the sides of a box."

[​IMG]

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/fords-self-driving-cars-robot-delivery-people

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ok WEIRD.

3. Morgotha

Just one step away from Soylent Green. At some point dead bodies and aborted babies will all end up in a factory to be reprocessed as 3-d printed meat.

Eh, I'm glad I'll likely be dead before then. Hopefully, I'll be dead BEFORE the factory is up and running, as I'm not really keen on the thought of having my body being ground up into hamburgers.

4. Morgotha

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Eew. We stop planting the garden after we buried the dog there.

The truth is out there

6. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

Its all leading to this:

[​IMG]

7. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

If soylent green is people, whats brown?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Morgotha

I need to remember that in Washington "locally sourced" food in restaurants might not be as appealing as they look.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Poop. Obviously.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Morgotha

11. Morgotha

Jussie Smollett, part deux. Michelle Obama's friend and court influencer is hiding out from subpoena servers so she doesn't get served. LOL, I'm sure the prosecution will be able to hire the Sheriff's dept. to serve her at some point, but it doesn't look that great for a lawyer to be hiding from the law.

"
    Tina Tchen, the former chief of staff to first lady Michelle Obama, declined Wednesday to be served with a subpoena by a retired Illinois judge seeking the appointment of a special prosecutor in the Jussie Smollett case, according to the process server.

In an email to former Illinois appellate judge Sheila O'Brien obtained by Fox News, the process server wrote that a security guard at the Chicago law firm where Tchen is a partner "called up to her and spoke with her and she said that she in [sic] never going to accept service and to not allow me up to their Law firm.

"She knows all about this Subpoena," the server added.

Edward Ryan, who runs the private investigation firm that employs the process server, spoke about the incident with The Chicago Sun-Times.

"I don’t know why she’d turn it [the subpoena] down, she’ll be served eventually," Ryan told the paper."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ex-obama...ena-in-smollett-foxx-case-process-server-says

12. Morgotha

I thought this type of selfishness vanished with the old Egyptians. A woman had her dog put down at her death so they could be buried together. Unbelievable. Eh, dogs are very forgiving, so this dog will probably forgive its owner too, but IMO it's entitled to one good bite on her leg.

"
    A healthy dog was euthanized and buried with its dead owner after the Virginia woman left specific instructions in her will for her pet Shih Tzu mix Emma to be killed and put in her casket with her.

The pup was euthanized following her owner's death after being held at a local animal shelter in Chesterfield County for two weeks.

She had arrived there on March 8 but was taken to a local vet and put down after the executor of the dead woman's estate carried out the woman's final wishes. "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...-in-her-casket-with-her/ar-AABJXuV?li=BBnbcA0

13. Morgotha

From the dumb crooks dept. This man who was wanted for domestic abuse was found by police, and gave them a false name to try and escape. Unfortunately for him he had his name written on a necklace that he was wearing at the time, which the officers could see and so weren't fooled by his fake name ploy.:D

Oh, and as a "not nearly so funny" second bit, the article also says his friends and family surrounded the police and tried to stop the arrest. Here's the thing. Cops are people too, and if your community goes out of its way to tell the police in no uncertain terms you don't WANT them taking violent criminals off the street, they probably won't. Then you'll have a street with violent criminals walking around on it. How does that benefit you as a citizen?

"
    Markel Towner, 26, was sitting in his car when officers looking for a suspect who matched his description for a domestic assault approached and asked for his name, the Lincoln Police Department said. The officers were aware they were looking for a man named Markel Towner.

Towner allegedly gave the name “Deangelo Towns,” but officers said they noticed a lanyard around his neck with the name “Markel Towner” on it. Officers told Towner he was under arrest.

The 26-year-old’s friends and family surrounded the officers in an attempt to stop the arrest, police said."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nebraska-man-arrested-name-tag-lying-identity

14. Morgotha

Dumb crooks part 2: This young man already has THIRTEEN convictions to his name, and in a drug deal gone bad was trying to pull a gun from his pocket and shot himself in the leg and testicles. Sort of a "natural selection" momento_O. Anyway, when the surgeon was starting to operate on him for his wounds baggies of marijuana started falling out of his anus. You know, I can see his panic at being caught with drugs for crack or heroin or something, but pot? In today's climate? That doesn't seem like something you need to be stuffing up your rear any more.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/man-a...utt-accidentally-shoots-himself-in-testicles/

15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That made me busted out laughing. LMAO

• Like Like x 1
  16. Morgotha

17. Sharpie61

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Morgotha

Another perk of NOT being a Muslim: not getting thrown in jail for eating.

"
    Muslims who plan on skipping out on fasting during Ramadan could find themselves in hot water with authorities in Malaysia.

More than two dozen law enforcement officers are going undercover as cooks and waiters to catch Muslims who aren’t fasting during the holy month, the New Straits Times reported Thursday.

Muslims are required to fast from dawn until dusk during Islam’s holiest month. A group from Segamat in the Malaysian state of Johor will be monitoring nearly 200 eating stalls, officials said.

The law enforcement officers will secretly record the person eating when they should be fasting and alert the local religious council, according to the paper.

In Johor, Muslims who are caught eating when they should be fasting could be jailed for six months or face a fine."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/ramadan-fasting-malaysia-cooks-muslims

19. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

#3519 DeadZedHead, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
  20. Sharpie61