Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

If you're a billionaire, if you have 200 million in income and decide to pay your taxes monthly, you pay $10 a month instead of 100 million a year. That's why the rich don't pay any taxes.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Morgotha

Here's something pretty crazy. 2 Million chickens are going to be killed because of the processing plant shutdowns. I understand the farmers can't afford to keep feeding massive numbers of animals without compensation, but really? To waste all that food? It really is outrageous.

"
    (CNN)Two million chickens on several farms in Delaware and Maryland will be "depopulated" -- meaning humanely killed -- due to a lack of employees at chicken processing plants, according to a statement from Delmarva Poultry Industry Inc.

The reduced employee attendance at the company's plants is a result of "additional community cases of COVID-19, additional testing, and people practicing the 'stay home if you're sick' social distancing guidance from public health officials," the statement reads.
    The chickens will be depopulated "using approved, humane methods" that are accepted by the American Veterinary Medical Association and all state and local guidelines, the company said."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/25/us/chickens-depopulated-delmarva-plants-delaware-maryland/index.html

• Like Like x 1
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

If you’re interested in how food is being wasted, deliberately destroyed during this pandemic you might want to read these articles as well....

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/26/food-banks-coronavirus-agriculture-usda-207215

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/business/coronavirus-destroying-food.html

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Morgotha

It really is sad that food that can feed millions of people is just - wasted. I hope we're forgiven for that.

O... M... G.... I guess I never fully appreciated the true horror of the covid epidemic until now. What can be done to minimize the effect of this horrible tragedy? If this beer was given away for free, perhaps there would be a few patriotic Americans left who would be willing to show up at our stadiums, be willing to stand 6 feet apart from each other while watching replays of basketball games on the stadium big screens, and most importantly, be willing to force themselves to drink all the free surplus beer and make sure it didn't go to waste!

CAN we count on our sports-watching public to be that patriotic? Can we????

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I..... I.... I will reluctantly do my part for my country. If America needs me to sacrifice and drink more beer, then I shall do so for my fellow countrymen.

JFK once said "We choose to go to the Moon! We choose to go to the Moon...We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...."

Well I say- "We choose to drink beer! We choose to drink beer. We choose to drink beer in this decade and do the other things, not because drinking beer is easy, but because it is hard.... and really, it's not actually all that hard, but we like it.... a lot! God Bless 'Murica!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Morgotha

Well, just remember that this is WORK, not a social event! You can't just show up and have a beer or two and hang out with your drunken buddies. There will be at least a 4-6 beer minimum and you'll be required to eat all the chips that are getting stale and nacho cheese sauce that is likely to go bad as well. And hot dogs. There are sure to be a lot of hot dogs and buns in the refrigerators, ALL of them have to go as well. Anyone who shows up can't be a lightweight, they have to do their part!

8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I humbly accept these terms. I will go forth and prepare to gain 15, maybe even 20 pounds for the greater good if that's what it takes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Morgotha

It's funny, but I was kind of thinking along those lines recently. Not that I'd go out and try and drink up all the stale beer in America, but that *everyone* has been sitting around boredom eating or stress eating for months. Once the restrictions are lifted, gym memberships are probably going to skyrocket.

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I hope they do. I have legit gained at least 20 pounds since all of this BS started. It's embarrassing.

I worked my ass off for 3 years to FINALLY get down to a healthy weight and now I'm starting to feel a bit heavy and sluggish again. (cuz I also gained around 20 pounds last fall.... oooops. lol)

To make matters worse, they say that this COVID-19 is especially dangerous for men who are out of shape!!! UGH!!!!

I started doing high impact resistance style yoga last week and it's been awesome. I'd like to get this extra 40 pounds burnt back off ASAP before the 'Rona or Dior kills me. LMFAO!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

No shame in wanting to look good in the casket, lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Morgotha

Are you going to try and trim down to a size 2?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

BAHAHAHA that last part was unexpected and cracked me up. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Oh abso-freaking-lutely! And when I do, I'm going to talk about it nonstop. I might also talk about how great I am at everything else I do in life, so watch out!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Morgotha

This could pretty much go in any debate topic, but it's mostly crazy. Some "professor" at Rutgers is blaming Trump supporters for the deaths of black people by the Wuhan virus.

"
    A professor at a New Jersey university is blaming President Trump and his supporters for the impact of the coronavirus outbreak, claiming it’s their fault African-Americans have been dying at a disproportionate rate.

“F--- each and every Trump supporter. You absolutely did this. You are to blame,” were among the comments – several of them containing profanity – posted on Twitter this week by Brittney Cooper, an associate professor in the Department of Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies at Rutgers University.

In another post, Cooper wrote that she and other African-Americans suspect that recent efforts to reopen the country following stay-at-home orders were “all about a gross necropolitical calculation that it is Black people who are dying disproportionately from COVID.”"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jers...rus-outbreak-f-each-and-every-trump-supporter

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Morgotha

Wiping out our bee population could end up being more deadly than the Wuhan virus. Hopefully, the .gov takes drastic action and stops this from spreading across the U.S.

20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Could? No. If all of our bees were wiped out, then it would be more deadly.

But is this a legit threat or is it more BS media hype? Because these giant hornets come from Japan, right? Well.... last time I checked, Japan still has honey bees as well. Yes. These hornets prey upon bees, but that doesn't mean they are going to wipe out an entire population.

Sure, I guess by virtue of the fact that it is an invasive species here in North America, it has the ability to cause more destruction, but I guess we'll see.