Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I saw a thing on the news this morning that existing Japanese bees have evolved a defense against the hornets. Something that took place over years isn't likely to occur overnight here. Maybe the solution is to import Japanese bees to go with the Japanese hornets, or some other solution, but I'd start with trying to remove the invasive species first, if possible.

It might already be too late, trying to get rid of a species that's already landed and seems to be thriving. I think we should *try* though.

2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Does that defense have anything to do with mobbing the hornets and cooking them to death? I saw an episode on some nature show a long time ago where dozens of honey bees would literally mob a hornet and then they would all start to gyrate their little bee bodies and it would increase the collective body temp of the bees and they would essentially overheat the hornet and cook it like it was in a convection oven. lol

And we should DEFINITELY try to eradicate the species. I don't want some 2 inch long hornets buzzing around my house and stinging me or other people!

Hornets are little assholes in general. These bigger hornets sound like a nightmare.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Who would win a fight.

Killer wasps vs. killer bees

The truth is out there

4. Morgotha

A horde of wasps on one side of a small town, and a hive of bees on the other. That sounds like a good B-movie.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Morgotha

6. Sharpie61

The musical score could bee The Flight of the Bumblebees

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Morgotha

The non-bee side of town events could be instigated by people in an all-white Protestant church.

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

OMG your first paragraph. LMAO the visual.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sharpie61

In case you were wondering what a sting from them would feel like

The truth is out there

10. Morgotha

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Morgotha

In case you were wondering what the worst Sting in the world would sound like:

12. Morgotha

A Canadian police story. A "star wars" themed restaurant had a worker outside dressed in a star wars stormtrooper costume taking pictures with people on the street, etc. Unfortunately for her, she also had a star wars "blaster rifle" in her hands as part of her costume. The cops were called by some idiot saying a stormtrooper was carrying a firearm. After dropping the rifle when commanded to, she was told to lie on the ground. she couldn't as her costume didn't bend enough, but did get down on her knees. This wasn't good enough for the police who made her lie down *on her face* giving her a bloody nose in the process.

Now... violence is a serious thing. The police are obligated to show up to every complaint of someone with a gun. That being said, part of the job of a policeman is "reading the room", so to speak. Someone dressed in a star wars costume at a star wars event and who has already dropped their "weapon" shouldn't, IMO, be seen as so much of a threat they need 3 police officers, one with his hand on his handgun, and one holding a rifle. They also didn't need to make this woman lay face down on the asphalt to secure the scene, considering that she immediately dropped her "weapon" when asked to do so.

What a bunch of bozos.

LOL, besides, haven't any of those cops actually SEEN a star wars movie? She wasn't really a threat in the first place. Stormtroopers couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! They just run around and fire their lasers in the air wildly.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada-stormtrooper-star-wars-arrest-blaster

#5132 Morgotha, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I think this is a fine example of how superior Canada is to the US when it comes to law enforcement, common sense, and everything else for that matter. God bless you, Canada! lolololol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I normally don't like quoting myself but I have to in this case. I just found an article that relates to what I was talking about in my post. Gawd, I'm awesome. lol JK

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watc...oasts-a-murder-hornet-alive-ted-cruz-loves-it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Morgotha

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I don’t know about Canada, but if this happened in the US you can be sure that public outcry would lead to an official investigation , possible reprimands and god knows how many law suits, lol, all well deserved as this is a prime example of over kill.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Sharpie61

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Morgotha

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Morgotha

I was rooting for this woman for a bit for fighting for her man (even if he's a bum). So anyway, this woman, Nina Thomas, married this football player and they got in a fight, at which time the man left the house with his brother. So far, so good, and he's to be commended for leaving rather than committing yet another episode of football player-related domestic violence.

Anyway, what he did that's NOT to be commended is apparently go to a house with his brother where they both went to bed with other women. Nina Thomas tracked down Mr. Can't Keep It In His Pants and put a gun to his head to impress upon him what he did was wrong, and I bet for a minute or two he understood that his actions had adversely affected her. The bad part is - she could have killed him. The gun she used was an automatic, and she pulled out the magazine beforehand, but did NOT remove the bullet from the chamber, meaning there was still one bullet loaded and ready to roll, and having the gun 1 foot from his head, well, she wouldn't miss. If you want to go on a threatening rampage and don't want to kill someone, you have the obligation to understand how the weapon you're using works, IMO. That's her bad.

He at some point took the gun away from her, and she responded by finding a knife and chasing him around with *that*. Now THAT'S determination! The police then showed up and stopped the whole thing.

Yes, she'll go to jail for a time, and yes, she deserves to, but still... one has to admire her a tiny bit for standing up for what's hers.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-...point-by-wife-after-alleged-affair-police-say

#5139 Morgotha, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
  20. Sharpie61

• Agree Agree x 2