Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

We have a remarkably different view of the world we both live in.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. purriwinkle

Yes, it would appear that we do but as my auntie used to say, It takes all kinds, lol

I would like to correct something I said in my response to you. I failed to differentiate between Republican and Trumplican. Apologies. There seems to be a divide from what I’ve been reading within the Republican Party which in itself is not unusual but I must say that a number of, shall we call them, traditional Republicans, did not support Trump. I’ve read that some, for example, Cindy McCain in Arizona, was instrumental in flipping the state no matter how narrowly. Mitt was the lone dissenter to vote for impeachment. Many judges who were Trump appointees have thrown his election challenges out of court. How about the Lincoln project members....all Republicans.

In your opinion was it the man or what the man said and did, perhaps his policies that made them jump the Trump ship?

Oh, and why does everything seem to circle the drain around Trump? Because as Truman said, the buck stops there.

4. Morgotha

I think Repubs opposed to Trump are mainly opposed to Trump, not his policies.

On the circling the drain thing: Sure, Trump is his own worst enemy and is responsible for most of his own problems. OTOH, the media and the Democratically-controlled establishment set out to destroy him before he even entered office with a fury I've never seen before, and it hasn't let up throughout the four years of his presidency. I wonder how many people could have withstood that barrage and kept returning day after day for more? From a sense of fair play it impresses me that he didn't just give up a long time ago, and actually tried to do something -whether I agree with what he was trying to do or not.

• Like Like x 1
  5. purriwinkle

All I can say is that Democrats disliked the man and his policies. Not to speak up would to be complicit and let’s be honest he gave them material to work with every time he opened his mouth. Don’t make him out to be an innocent victim. He gave as good as he got with those insane tweets, nick names, calls to imprison his political rivals while encouraging his base to frothy hysteria :rolleyes:I’m the greatest speeches, wild misinformation, etc. that I find it hard to feel sorry for him.

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

7. Morgotha

8. Morgotha

So some judge ordered the sheriff to release 1800 prisoners because of covid concerns. The sheriff refused, saying they had already released all the low level threat prisoners and these prisoners were murderers and child molesters. He also pointed out that there is a risk of covid in the community they'd be released in to as well.

Well, Sheriff Barnes, I'd pretty much say you've guaranteed your re-election when the time comes. It's too bad that judge can't be given the boot.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sheriff-california-orange-county-jail-judge-inmates-don-barnes

9. Morgotha

10. Morgotha

11. Morgotha

12. Morgotha

13. Morgotha

A book about the "cancel culture" has gotten itself cancelled prior to its release because the author was accused of Islamophobia for commenting on the age of one of Mohammed's wives.

That would have been his wife Aisha whom he married when she was six years old, and who he started having intercourse with when she was nine years old and he was 53. Now I can understand an arranged or political marriage sometimes had a great age discrepancy in spouses, BUT, having relations with her? A 9 year old girl is still a 9 year old girl. It's too bad this author's book got cancelled presumably for stating what many people believe - a grown man raping a 9 year old is wrong.

"
    The publisher of a book about cancel culture by Julie Burchill has cancelled it after the writer was accused of Islamophobia on Twitter.

The book, Welcome to the Woke Trials, had been due to be published by Little, Brown in April.

But Burchill got embroiled with a row with fellow writer Ash Sarkar.

Little, Brown said her comments were "not defensible from a moral or intellectual standpoint" and "crossed a line with regard to race and religion".

A statement from the company said: "We will no longer be publishing Julie Burchill's book. This is not a decision we have taken lightly."

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55331063

• Like Like x 1
  14. Morgotha

15. Sharpie61

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Sharpie61

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Morgotha

18. Sharpie61

You know a lot of men who set their heads on fire?

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Morgotha

Do you know many who *don't*? ;):p:D

20. Sharpie61

Never met one personally

The truth is out there