Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

This was odd, NY State is pondering taxing stock transfers prompting the NYSE to consider leaving the state! Seriously, the state HAS to know this will never be accepted, and the "Florida Stock Exchange" doesn't have the same ring to it. Hopefully this idea will die a quiet death.

"
    The New York Stock Exchange may leave New York State if Albany imposes a transfer tax on stock sales, the president of the Intercontinental Exchange Inc.-owned exchange operator said on Tuesday in an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal.

NYSE President Stacey Cunningham said she and 25 other representatives of New York’s securities industry sent a letter last Wednesday to state legislative leaders warning against the unintended consequences of imposing such a tax, which would ultimately be borne by investors.

“The New York Stock Exchange belongs in New York. If Albany lawmakers get their way, however, the center of the global financial industry may need to find a new home,” she said."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets...xit-new-york-if-stock-transfer-tax-is-imposed

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Morgotha

4. Sharpie61

I first thought it would be macabre and gross. But it ended up, he’s just honoring his uncle.

Still doesn’t make me a fan of death metal though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Morgotha

Something else China was doing? Illegally continuing to produce CFC's and destroying the ozone layer. It's getting better now they've been caught.

"
    A steady decline in the levels of ozone-harming CFC chemicals in the atmosphere has resumed, scientists say.

This follows a recent, dangerous pause in that downward trajectory, which could have slowed the healing of Earth's protective ozone layer.

Atmospheric measurements published in 2018 pointed to illegal CFC production that was occurring in Eastern China.

Stopping that production appears to have set the ozone layer's healing process back on track.

"

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-56014092

6. Morgotha

For a bit of lightheartedness, a lawyer was at a zoom meeting and had a cat filter over his image, apparently without his doing. LOL, I liked his line something like, "I'm here live, I'm not a cat".:D

7. Morgotha

The man likes him some bologna. Anyway, Border Patrol confiscated the bologna of a man coming back from Mexico with 194 pounds of Mexican bologna in his trunk AND his luggage. Yes, rules are rules and have to be enforced... but it does make me want to try some. How good must it be to be worth getting arrested for? (not really arrested, fined $500, but still).

[​IMG]

https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-p...-of-bologna-found-in-car-at-new-mexico-border

#5667 Morgotha, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  8. Morgotha

9. Morgotha

10. Morgotha

It looks like the citizens of Minneapolis found out "defund the police" isn't a good idea after all. Now, of course, you'll have rookie officers out there instead of experienced ones, but I suppose it's all good.

"
    Minneapolis on Friday backtracked on its original push to defund the city’s police department in the wake of George Floyd’s police custody death after residents begged the city to hire more officers, citing longer response times and increased violent crime.

The City Council on Friday voted unanimously to approve $6.4 million in additional funding that police had requested.

The department says it only has 638 officers available to work — roughly 200 fewer than usual. An unprecedented number of officers quit or went on extended medical leave after Floyd's death and the unrest that followed.

With new recruit classes, the city anticipates it will have 674 officers available at the end of the year, with another 28 in the hiring process, the Star Tribune reported."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapo...s-complain-slow-response-times-increase-crime

11. Morgotha

Apparently the NY subway people aren't happy with defunding the police, either.

"
    The MTA is asking for 1,500 additional cops to be assigned to the city’s beleaguered transit system — triple the number the NYPD said it would send in by Monday.

Police brass vowed Saturday to put at least 500 more cops in the system after a homeless man launched a random weekend slashing rampage that left two people dead and two guys wounded.

"We believe the additional 500 officers you agreed to dedicate to the subway system is an important first step, which will help ease the fears of customers and heroic transit workers who serve this city every day," MTA Chairman Pat Foye and Interim Transit President Sarah Feinberg said in an open letter to Mayor Bill de Blasio and NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea on Sunday.

"We believe more is needed, however, and so we are writing today to request an additional 1,000 NYPD officers be assigned to the Transit Bureau to patrol subways and buses immediately," Foye and Feinberg wrote.

"We request teams of uniformed officers be assigned to every station and that officers ride the system throughout the day and during the overnight to ensure the safety of our customers and colleagues."

The letter noted that there has been "a disturbing trend" in increasing assaults in the transit system despite an overall dip in city crime — even with a 70 percent drop in subway ridership and a 50 percent decline in city bus riders."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-transit-cops-subways-train-rampage

12. Sharpie61

@PepperAnn
    I just want to say that I was thinking about you, when I heard about the storm in Austin.
    Stay in if you can, and stay warm.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  13. Morgotha

I second that! They say it's cold enough that the windmills are freezing and not producing electricity. That's bad news as some people only have electric heat. Bundle up and run the heater when the power's on to warm up things inside.

14. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

15. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Looks like she might need the services of Commode & Commode, LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. DeadZedHead

At this point gorilla should sue her for violating the end user agreement. She knowingly misused their product creating bad publicity and harming their brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. Morgotha

DAMN! The mayor needs to lay off the caffeine. I can't believe a public official - any public official- said something like this.

"
    A Texas mayor has resigned over controversial social media posts that called his constituents lazy for complaining about power outages, according to a report.

Colorado City Mayor Tim Boyd announced his resignation Tuesday hours after he received backlash for his long Facebook rant, according to KTXS-TV.

"No one owes you or your family anything; nor is it the local governments responsibility to support you during trying times like this! Sink or swim, it’s your choice!" he wrote. "The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING!"

"If you have no water you deal with out and think outside of the box to survive and supply water to your family," he added. "If you were sitting at home in the cold because you have no power and are sitting there waiting for someone to come rescue you because your lazy is direct result of your raising!"

"Am I sorry that you have been dealing without electricity and water; yes! But I’ll be damned if I’m going to provide for anyone that is capable of doing it themselves!" Boyd continued in the post. "Bottom line, quit crying and looking for a handout! Get off your ass and take care of your own family!"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-mayor-quits-after-saying-residents-are-lazy-amidoutages

18. Morgotha

19. DeadZedHead

20. Morgotha

Hmm... it's pretty inoffensive, but it's still white... maybe somewhere between "white critical" and "white traitor"?