Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I was thinking of painting my bathroom white confessional. It’ll compliment my praying to god that ill never drink again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I really like this idea. Use any excess electricity generated on a wind farm to make hydrogen which could then be burned to continue generating electricity when there's no wind, or to do something else like power vehicles, etc. In short find a way to use 100% of the generating capacity of the wind 100% of the time. If the resource is "free", we should use it like crazy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55763356

3. Morgotha

Another good reason not to go camping::eek:

"
    A woman using an outhouse in southeast Alaska was surprised — and possibly bitten — by a bear who already occupied the commode, according to the Anchorage Daily News.

“I just sat down and the thing bit me right away,” Shannon Stevens told the news outlet. “I jumped up, screamed, screamed for my brother.”

Her brother Erik grabbed a lamp and ran to Shannon’s aid, expecting to find something small, like a mink, in the hole below the toilet seat. Shannon screamed she was “bleeding” from the bite.

“She was still standing there with her pants down,” Erik said. “I said, ‘What bit you? Where is it?’”

Shannon told him the culprit was “in the hole” which is where he shined his light and found himself staring into the face of a cinnamon bear filling the hole.

The siblings slammed the lid shot and ran from the outhouse."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/b...om-in-alaskan-outhouse/ar-BB1dO3vS?li=BBnb7Kz

4. Morgotha

Here's something odd. You know how that "mysterious" metal bar showed up in Utah, then Europe, etc., and no one seemingly knew where they came from? Well, the "aliens" decided to put one up in the Congo - and the locals decided to set it on fire and ripped it apart :eek::eek:. I guess the aliens have learned that there are some neighborhoods on Earth you just don't go to.

"
    A metal structure that mysteriously appeared on a roundabout in the Democratic Republic of Congo has been destroyed over fears about its origins.

People in the capital, Kinshasa, stoned and torched the 12ft (3.7m) triangular prism that looked like other metal monoliths that have cropped up around the world over the last few months.

It had begun to draw selfie-takers, which fuelled rumours on social media.

Some feared it was satanic or put there by aliens or by a secret cabal.

"We woke up and saw this metallic triangle... We were surprised because it is a triangle that we often see in documentaries about freemasons or illuminati," local resident Serge Ifulu is quoted by Reuters as saying.

Speculation over the pillar, which appeared in the Bandal neighbourhood over the weekend, became frenzied by Wednesday.

[​IMG]
    Witnesses say residents destroyed it to see what was inside - it turned out to be hollow with the metal sheets spread over a frame.

"

[​IMG]

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56112310

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s a better reason not to live in Alaska. The article says nothing about the woman and her brother out camping and people live in some rather remote places in that state.:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Morgotha

A man with a knife broke in to the home of an elderly couple and slashed the 79 year-old woman in the forehead and shoved her to the ground. Her husband grabbed their shotgun and hit the man with the butt end of it (probably several times) killing him. Good job, Mr. Parrish! Even at 83 you're still keeping your wife safe from harm.

"
    A South Carolina armed home invader who attacked a 79-year-old woman near her back door is dead after the victim’s 82-year-old Vietnam War veteran husband beat him down with the butt end of a shotgun earlier this week, according to local authorities.

Herbert Parrish snatched the firearm off a wall mount after the suspect, identified as 61-year-old Harold Runnels, broke into the home with a knife, knocked his wife to the ground and slashed her forehead Monday afternoon, Columbia, S.C.-based FOX 57 reported."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-carolina-invader-elderly-woman-dies-scuffle-husband

7. Morgotha

So this is a commercial faux pas. A hotel in Korea said they had one way glass on their sauna, when it turns out they did NOT have one way glass on their sauna:eek:. I'm sure the amount of perverts that "exercised" around said sauna went up dramatically since the sauna opened.

"
    The operators of a hotel on South Korea’s Jeju Island are apologizing to guests after a honeymooning couple discovered that the windows of its second-floor sauna facilities — which were advertised as having mirrored, one-way glass— did not have mirrored, one-way glass.

"We deeply apologize for causing inconvenience to customers due to the omission of some glass barrier coatings and the operation of the blinds when using some spaces in the women's sauna," reads a message posted to the website of the Grand Josun Jeju, one of several Korean hotels operated by Josun Hotels and Resorts.

The hotel’s operators added that the sauna facilities have been closed while corrective actions are "taken immediately."

Also, one man said this:

"I am even receiving psychiatric treatment for the shock of taking a shower naked," he wrote."

Well, as far as I know MOST people take showers when they're naked, so it shouldn't really be that traumatic for him to do so. This sounds like the prelude to a lawsuit rather than a real complaint to me.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/south-korea-hotel-apologizes-nude-sauna-guests-exposed

8. Morgotha

Little cutie! This is Elizabeth a cloned black footed ferret - an endangered species - cloned from mother who died in 1988. Not that she'll have to worry about it, but if we do this with people we'll need to make some ethical decisions as she'll be identical to her mom, if she was a person does that mean legally she IS her mom, or not?

In any event, she's looking pretty good for 35 years old!

[​IMG]

https://www.foxnews.com/science/first-clone-endangered-species-announced

9. Morgotha

My *personal* story of outrageousness. As some of you may have guessed, I'm a bit paranoid about certain things, and one of the things I worry about is that important things we mail such as taxes, etc. will get lost somewhere and not delivered. My husband things I'm a nut, "waste money for no reason", etc., but I can't help it. It worries me.

Anyway, that's not the crazy part, LOL. I have a life insurance policy I've carried for 20 years or so now. I mailed my yearly payment from one part of the midwest via certified mail to another part of the midwest. I sent the payment on January 21st and realized I hadn't seen the check clear. I looked up the delivery information on the post office's website and found that it wasn't delivered until February 17th! IT TOOK THE POST OFFICE 27 DAYS TO DELIVER A CERTIFIED LETTER TO A BUSINESS THREE STATES AWAY :eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad:!!!

I can't believe this. Now I have to call the insurance company and make sure my insurance wasn't cancelled, but a MONTH to deliver a letter within the U.S.? The Pony Express did better than that 150 years ago!

It's. Just. Outrageous.

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Looks like you can thank Postmaster DeJoy for all the improvements he made to the USPS.

12. Morgotha

I'd like to "thank" somebody, that's for sure. You know, I can't believe how people always complain about the post office. 55 cents to send a letter anywhere in the country, whether it's downtown or way out in the woods? That's a great bargain!

Well, it used to be.:(

13. Morgotha

14. Morgotha

This woman just became the youngest woman to solo row a boat across *The Atlantic Ocean*! :eek: It took her 70 days, and she said she got in to the habit of rowing for two hours then sleeping for two hours. What an amazing feat! The other thing that's amazing is that she's the *youngest* woman who has done this (as opposed to the ONLY woman who has done this). Hat's off to all of you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] .

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/solo-woman-21-rows-atlantic-ocean-youngest-female

15. Morgotha

Need a dog? You can help save one from becoming someone's dinner in China.

"
    The charity China Rescue Dogs rescued 205 dogs from meat trucks and slaughterhouses ahead of Chinese New Year, it has revealed.

Jill Stewart, president and founder of China Rescue Dogs, said in a statement: "What was once the end of their lives is now a new beginning for these beautiful babies.

"They all have been quarantined, microchipped and received all the necessary vaccinations. Now it is time for them to live the rest of their lives being safe and happy with their forever families.""

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...s-to-be-brought-to-u-s/ar-BB1dWj4T?li=BBnbcA1

16. Sharpie61

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Morgotha

Hopefully, some of those tiktokers will look up youtube videos on the science behind the phenomenon as well. Maybe they'll learn something.

BTW, that site is kind of sketchy. One of the ads next to the articles was this woman's picture with the caption, "she can **** really good". That's never a good sign for a website.

[​IMG]

18. Sharpie61

Was it on a computer or phone? As that ad does not show up on my phone

The truth is out there

19. Morgotha

Tiger woods crashed his car again. This time the cause was likely *speeding*. He was on Hawthorne Blvd. in P.V. near the high school. I know right where that is (and Westwingnut would too, if he was still posting). People drive on that road like it was a freeway -- a downhill, twisting freeway.

Luckily he was wearing his seatbelt or he'd probably be dead, but as it is he's at Harbor-UCLA getting his leg put back together.

edit: A bit more information, he was to appear at a Hyundai Genesis-sponsored golf event and was driving one of their new vehicles as a loaner at the time. So... it sounds like he was speeding in an unfamiliar car whose capabilities he didn't know. In any event, I doubt if Hyundai wanted this type of advertising, but the car DID keep him alive through one heck of a crash test.

[​IMG]

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...car-crash-near-los-angeles-extracted-n1258633

#5699 Morgotha, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  20. Morgotha

My work desktop. And that's odd, because I can't even see Twitter posts through the filters!o_O