Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Elon Musk runs spaceX, Bezos founded and runs (or ran) Blue Origin. The Senate is considering giving Blue Origin 10 Billion. How is that completely separate?

2. Morgotha

Hillary's horse.

[​IMG]

#6082 Morgotha, May 27, 2021
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
  3. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Blue Origin is separate from Amazon. It doesn’t matter how much money Amazon makes or has to invest. Blue Origin has its own profits, losses, contracts, loans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Morgotha

I didn't say Amazon didn't need more money from the U.S., I said Bezos didn't. If he wants hi own space company he has plenty of money to fund it himself. If his "independent" company wants to compete for a contract let them do so fairly and not with some sweetheart payoff from the government.

5. Morgotha

6. Morgotha

More behavior I don't understand. This woman went to the zoo and then went through considerable difficulty to try and feed monkeys "hot cheetos". Just... why?

"
    "This young lady decided to hop a fence, climb through some bushes, drop down into a four-feet deep moat, walk across the moat and then try to feed the spider monkeys," he said.

"We can’t let this behavior go unpunished," Montisano added.

In viral footage posted to the Real Fit Fam El Paso Instagram account, the suspect can be seen sitting underneath a waterfall and attempting to feed the spider monkeys with what zoo officials told Newsweek was Hot Cheetos."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-climbed-el-paso-zoo-spider-monkey-exhibit-fired

7. Morgotha

8. DeadZedHead

I so it looks like Blue Origin is just one of the companies part a group that is requesting the contract be challenged. The initial bids were supposed be submitted, then two companies would continue the next phase. The government didn’t secure enough funding for the second phase and just gave SpaceX the contract. This isn’t a bail out to Bezos or Blue Origin. Actually the request for 10 bill is because they couldn’t get enough funding for the overall project the first time around. Bezos’ group being allowed to compete for the lander contract is just one part. Its not a bailout.

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

The zoos are there, obviously, for people to enjoy and to protect the animals within. They are not the personal playgrounds for people who are too stupid to observe rules and boundaries set up for the benefit of all.

I think she should absolutely be prosecuted on some charge(s) like maybe trespassing, animal cruelty or something. At the very least she should receive a lifetime ban. What if she had decided to get into an enclosure that had animals that could have seriously injured or killed her? What a mess that would have been. Time to send a message now,

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Morgotha

What you are saying does not appear to be correct. It appears SpaceX was given the contract for the whole enchilada, and for 2.9 billion to boot - only 1/3 of the 10 billion Bezos would be getting to do only a part of it? Nope, that's corporate welfare. Use the 10 billion to pay down our national debt a trifle, not make Bezos richer.

Also, if you'll look at the second article, Bezos spent over half a million lobbying Congress over the past few months. Congress is trying to give him a 2000:1 return on his bribe with the taxpayer picking up the tab. That's not supposed to be the way it works.

"In winning the $2.9 billion contract, SpaceX beat out Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin, which had formed what it called a “national team” by partnering with aerospace giants Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Draper. SpaceX also won over Dynetics, a defense contractor based in Huntsville, Ala. (Bezos owns The Washington Post.)

NASA had originally chosen all three companies for the initial phase of the contract, and was expected to choose two of them to build the lunar lander. In other major programs, NASA has chosen multiple providers to foster competition and to ensure it has redundancy in case one can’t deliver.

But in choosing SpaceX alone, it sent a message that it fully trusts the growing company to fly its astronauts for its signature human exploration program — the Artemis program, a campaign to return astronauts to the moon for the first time since 1972."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...ft-to-land-astronauts-on-the-moon/ar-BB1fJccC

"
    The Bezos space company lost a bid with SpaceX for a contract to put U.S. astronauts on the moon for the first time since 1972. NASA said SpaceX had offered the lowest cost by a wide margin. The Cantwell amendment wouldn’t rescind the SpaceX contract but would create another contract that Blue Origin would be favored to win.

Blue Origin spent $625,000 lobbying Congress in the first three months of 2021, according to disclosure records."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...s-tucked-into-bill-to-rebuff-china/ar-AAKpETL

11. DeadZedHead

I dont know if you read the article i posted. Bezos isn’t competing for a 10 billion dollar contract. Congress is asking for additional funds for the program. Only a portion of that is for a second contract. In the article you posted, it says a second contract for redundancy would be standard. In the one i posted, it says choosing a contractor typically involves several phases which were forgone this time. They lobbied to use the typical procedures for a project like this.

12. Morgotha

Did you read the article *I* posted? It said Bezo's company would be *favored* to win the new contract. WHY is the government giving him a handout?

Musk got the first contract for the whole project because his bid was much lower. Why then is a second contract necessary at all? It isn't. If it was necessary though, why do you want to have the taxpayer give it to a specific person rather than the person who can do the job the best and cheapest?

13. DeadZedHead

I did read it. He is favored because his group is the largest and his biggest competitor already got the other contract. If redundancy and multiple phases are standard, i don’t see it as a handout. Just following procedure.

14. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

15. DeadZedHead

16. Sharpie61

Readying what the everyday people are saying from there, they really want this.
    I hope for them, it does.

The truth is out there

17. DeadZedHead

Me too. There will be no peace under Netanyahu. He just doesn’t want coexistence.

18. Sharpie61

19. Sharpie61

He’s out as of Wednesday night

The truth is out there

20. DeadZedHead

They still need a vote of confidence from parliament within a week. As long as they don’t implode over minor details, they should be able to secure it. Netanyahu is going to pull a trump and fight this long ofter he loses. They are going to have to make serious compromises to function long term and these guys are nowhere near each other on politics or ideology.
    Its like expecting McConnell, Clinton and Sanders to form a coalition to agree and work together long term. They might agree to boot trump but beyond that, if any one gets their way, the other two will be pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalku