Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Here's one for the books. A rapper got out of jail in Chicago and was shot by multiple people 64 - that's SIXTY-FOUR - times while he was immediately across the street from the jail. So far no arrests have been made. In other Chicago murder news, 11 more people were shot to death over the weekend there. Yeah, the whole "hate the police" thing isn't working out too well, Chicago.

Oh, another thing, I like how they say, "authorities believe it to be a targeted attack". Really? They think he was targeted? I would have thought he was hit in the head by 64 stray bullets or something, but if they say it was targeted, I guess I'll believe it.:rolleyes:

"
    Chicago’s weekend gun violence left at least 40 people shot, including 11 fatally – and among those killed was rapper KTS Dre who was riddled with dozens of bullets shortly after he was let out of jail.

A police report says the 31-year-old local rapper, whose real name was Londre Sylvester, had just been released on electronic monitoring when he was fatally shot across the street from the Cook County Jail around 8:50 p.m. Saturday in what authorities believe to be a targeted attack, Fox 32 reported.

Sylvester was left suffering from as many as 64 bullet wounds to his head and other areas of the body, the Chicago Tribune reported."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-weekend-gun-violence-rapper-ambushed

#6241 Morgotha, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I think “targeted attack” is a term used to reassure the public that it wasn’t some rando shooting a weapon and this guy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It’s code for they wanted this particular person dead. Assassinated. You and I may have inferred that from the circumstances, lol, but when making a public statement, better to spell it out.

3. Morgotha

I know what you're saying, and they probably have to speak approximating some official template. It just seems a bit absurd: a bunch of people shooting him at the same time all get in a bunch of cars and drive away at the same time? That's as coordinated an attack as a group of civilians are likely to pull off, I can't see anyone believing this was a random happenstance. OTOH, who knows? Is it possible it was some gang initiation that said, "kill the first man that comes out of that prison after 8 p.m." or something? I suppose it could be, I doubt it, but you never know.

4. Morgotha

The streets of Chicago. Apparently gang members now literally outnumber police 10:1. At some point this is all going to boil over for real. Glad I'm not living there to see it.

"Fox News’ Geraldo Rivera, citing Superintendent David Brown and Mayor Lori Lightfoot’, wrote that the city’s roughly 117,000 gang members outnumber the city’s 13,000 police officers by roughly 10 to 1.

"To me, the miracle in Chicago isn’t that 11 were killed this weekend and 19 the weekend before, it’s that it was not worse than that," Rivera later said to Fox News Digital, elaborating on his earlier comments.

He blamed the push to keep police officers from enforcing the law for enabling the type of environment that leads to 117,000 gang members like in Chicago.

"All you can do with this defund the police nonsense is ignore the fact that you are essentially assigning a third-world existence to a huge segment of the population all in the name of anti-racism," Rivera said.

Meanwhile, Fox News’ Gianno Caldwell, a Chicago native, said residents are losing trust in the leadership of Mayor Lori Lightfoot as well as in city officials’ ability to protect its residents.

"Considering that we have had two weekends this year with over 100 people shot in Chicago, I would say the city is in war zone status," Caldwell said in a statement. "

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-...10-to-1-as-spike-in-crime-reaches-fever-pitch

5. Morgotha

Another potential gun shakeup coming to a town near you. I bet this will end up going to the Supreme Court -- assuming it isn't overturned first.

"A US federal appeals court judge on Tuesday declared unconstitutional a longstanding law banning handgun sales to people under 21 years of age, saying anyone over 18 should have that right.

Judge Julius Richardson, who was appointed to the appeals court in Richmond, Virginia by former president Donald Trump, based his ruling on the fact that 18 year-olds have the constitutional right to vote, and that when the Constitution was crafted they were required to join local militia with their own guns.

For that reason, Richardson said, the Constitution's Second Amendment granting the right to bear arms extends to 18 year olds.

"Our nation's most cherished constitutional rights vest no later than 18," he wrote in his decision.

"And the Second Amendment's right to keep and bear arms is no different."

The ruling overturned a law dating to 1968 that banned licensed gun dealers from selling handguns to people under 21. The US Congress at the time reasoned that young adults committed more crimes than older ones."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ar-olds-buying-handguns/ar-AAM7tcr?li=BBnb7Kz

6. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Im not sure if you are aware of Chicagos history, but criminals outnumbered the police for a long time. Come to think of it, that’s probably the case is every major city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Morgotha

Yeah, and Al Capone used to shoot up the place as well. So what? Now theres 10 murders a week, people shooting at police, assassinating someone right outside the prison gates? That's a situation that should be addressed, not one that should be whitewashed, don't you think?

8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

You n the 60s, my Dad said that Chicago was a worse city, compared to Milwaukee.
    In 1980, we accidentally got off the loop, and ended up on 2nd and State. I saw guys shooting up on a street corner, while cops sat kitty corner from them. We heard gun fire, and I don’t know how many stripped out cars.

I can only imagine that it has only gotten worse.

The truth is out there

9. Morgotha

Maybe I'm looking at the issue incorrectly. Maybe the best thing to do is just say, "if the people in Chicago don't mind how things are, why should I?" and ignore it.

10. Sharpie61

No, you are correct. It should be dealt with.
    My point is that it has been a crummy city for a very long time.
    Milwaukee isn’t to far behind it now.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  11. DeadZedHead

Jebus!! It cant be worse than that. [​IMG]

12. purriwinkle

I would think it’s hard to determine exactly the ratio of cops to criminals. There are your petty criminals, shop lifters, street sellers, prostitutes, etc. Then graduate to muggers, rapists, arsonists, drug dealers, murderers, etc. Some of these people work solo or it’s a one off situation and some, especially in the drug rings, probably work like multi-level operations with the kingpins on top and a tiered network of underlings. Zed is right that there have no doubt always been more people breaking laws at any given time in big cities than the number of cops in the precincts.

Maybe it seems worse than it ever was because large populations are coming out of lock down situations and all hell is breaking loose by comparison. Maybe more than a year of basically home confinement and necessary public health care protocols caused some people to lose what few marbles they had to begin with. It certainly didn’t do much to improve temperaments. Has anyone compiled the statistics to determine if domestic violence increased during lock down? I’ll bet it did. Violence came off the streets and went into the homes. Now it’s back out there with a vengeance.

As the police and the communities they serve start to work better together things should improve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Morgotha

14. Morgotha

A suburb in Atlanta is planning to break off from Atlanta and make their own city secondary to rising crime and the failure of the city to punish the criminals. With incidents like this, I can't say I blame them.

""He pointed the knife at me and told me over and over, 'White b****, get on your knees and beg for your life,'" Kovitch told the Washington Examiner."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/e...r-plan-to-leave-atlanta/ar-AAMbAj3?li=BBnb7Kz

15. Morgotha

16. purriwinkle

Bad, bad idea. I can see why Lego sued. Like it said in the article: (bold lettering mine)

“We have already seen tragedies happen when unsecured firearms are around children and they don’t look like toys,” said Shannon Watts, founder of the Moms Demand Action gun-control group. She went on to call the pistol “a recipe for disaster.”

17. Morgotha

I agree COMPLETELY that it was a bad idea. Completely. It just also seems like a *fun* one. Hmmm... I suppose that's WHY it's a bad idea. LOL, people already make stuff like this (below), I like the Lego one better.

[​IMG]

18. DeadZedHead

I had the little tykes, My first AR, myself
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Morgotha

That's a real gun!:eek: It took me a minute of looking at it, but that's pretty outrageous.

20. Sharpie61

And parents wonder why their kid just shot someone, or themselves

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1