Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

In my example I said he was released after serving his second term, so figure he committed his first murder at 17, got out at 25, committed his second murder and got out at 40, etc. And people HAVE shot people, etc. while out on this bail-less system already. For example:

"Remember when New York State Democrats said that their new “no cash bail” law would not apply to violent crimes? Someone in the city’s creaking criminal justice system didn’t get the memo. Feds say New York City gang banger Darrius Sutton, 23, committed three more shootings…after he’d been released without bail on charges of attempted murder with a firearm in an earlier case."

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/n...s-say-he-then-committed-three-more-shootings/

#6321 Morgotha, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Who the hell gets out of prison for murder, TWICE, with such light sentences? Besides in your crazy scenario, he served his sentence and was entitled to be set free. What does that have to do with sitting in jail awaiting trial? Which we already established wouldn’t happen in a violent murder case, especially in the commission of another crime. C’mon man. I thought you watched Law & Order, lol.

#6322 purriwinkle, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Morgotha

The point was that he was not committing a violent act THIS time, so that even though he previously committed serious crimes he'd be released without bail. And he would.

#6323 Morgotha, Jul 27, 2021
  4. purriwinkle

Except he’d be sitting in prison for the violent crimes and not be free to commit the others. Your point is only hypothetical. Mine is what would happen in RL….unless the judge was on crack.;)

5. purriwinkle

What I said earlier about judges…..and apparently prosecutors who have their head up their ass….it’s their fault, since he was released at their discretion.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Morgotha

I don't think my timeline is necessarily off point, though. See the below link, if the person hasn't committed previous crimes, their first sentence might average 10 years, with 20% off for good behavior, 8 years. The second offense might be 15-20 years, if you take 20% off for good behavior, he could be out in 12. For *murder*.

https://www.crimevictimsunited.org/measure11/murderguidelines.htm

7. purriwinkle

If the perp lives in Oregon but again it seems it’s up to the judge to decide if there are mitigating factors.

Here’s something from a NY lawyer about sentencing guidelines here:

https://www.gjllp.com/sentencing-chart.html

8. Morgotha

Now here's a reasonable prison sentence. I won't be too worried about him getting out and killing someone else... well, until the next generation of Dems decide the prisons are too crowded.

"
    A 44-year-old Wisconsin man was sentenced Tuesday to more than 200 years in prison, plus another 105 years of extended supervision, after pleading guilty in June to fatally shooting five members of his family, according to a report.

Christopher Stokes of Milwaukee reportedly called 911 himself after the shootings on April 27, 2020, FOX 6 of Milwaukee reported.

"Um, I just massacred my while family," Stokes reportedly told a 911 dispatcher. "The gun is still upstairs with the bodies. … I just killed my whole family with my Mossberg.""

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wisconsi...ings-of-5-relatives-just-had-blood-on-my-mind

9. Morgotha

Simone Biles is out for the rest of the Olympics. I'm pretty disappointed in her. She's not a middle school student, but a professional athlete. If she was having mental health issues she should have dropped out BEFORE the Olympics, not in the middle of a competition! And she thinks the Olympics are suddenly too stressful? How stressful does she think her leaving is for the rest of her team? How stressful does she think it is for the young woman who wasn't ranked high enough to compete as a front runner on the US team to suddenly be the replacement for the woman who was considered the best in the world? Sorry, Ms. Biles, but I won't be buying Wheaties with your picture on the box. You let a lot of people down.

And I disagree with the Olympic committee mouthpiece that said her quitting makes her a role model. Quitting in the middle of a competition does NOT make one a role model!

Jade Carey will step into the biggest role of her gymnastics career when she participates in the Tokyo Olympics all-around competition on Thursday in place of Simone Biles.

USA Gymnastics announced the 21-year-old will compete in the event while Biles focuses on getting her mental health right for the rest of the Olympics.

"After further medical evaluation, Simone Biles was withdrawn from the final individual all-around competition at the Tokyo Olympic Games, in order to focus on her mental health," USA Gymnastics said in a statement Wednesday. Simone will continue to be evaluated daily to determine whether or not to participate in next week’s individual event finals. Jade Carey, who had the ninth highest score in qualifications, will participate in her place in the all-around.

"We wholeheartedly support Simone’s decision and applaud her bravery in prioritizing her well-being. Her courage shows, yet again, why she is a role model for so many."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jade-carey-simone-biles-olympic-gymnastics

#6329 Morgotha, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  10. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Even if she was having doubts, she may have felt she could power through. After her early performances, it may have been clear she couldn’t lead her team and we had a better chance without her. It sucks but her team supports her decision so i think that says a lot about what’s happening behind the scenes. I agree this doesn’t make her a role model but lets see how she handles it from here. I take greater issue with some representing USA and not honoring our anthem. If you don’t support USA, don’t represent USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Morgotha

I think it says a lot for the professionalism of her team mates, that they are supporting her.

I agree that the anthem rejectors, racism kneelers, etc. are a bigger issue. Biles just flaked out, these people are actively putting down the country they are supposed to be representing.

#6331 Morgotha, Jul 28, 2021
  12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

As I didn’t look at the links you provided, I did see the reason the fight started.
    The guy who recorded it, posted it on Twitter. He stated that the customers were being very disrespectful towards a woman, and just being jerks in general. So the pizza guys decided that they weren’t going to sell them a pizza. Then the fight started.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  13. purriwinkle

The prisons are too crowded but I think we can find room for some police attacking Jan. 6th Capitol Hill Insurrectionists.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/27/1019736664/jan-6-insurrection-hearing-police-nancy-pelosi-committee

https://apnews.com/article/jan-6-ca...chael-fanone-96fd6e07e1d2700417575880df2fde69

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/27/jan-6-commission-hearing-live-updates/

14. purriwinkle

I found this article on the subject interesting. The woman has a problem, “the twisties”, that could lead to serious injury if ignored. Biles performs at such a high level and executes moves that are extremely dangerous. Some moves no one else in the sport does. It’s hard for the average viewer to imagine what could have triggered such a reaction in a seasoned athlete but she was probably wise to pull herself out after recognizing she had a problem.

Sure it sucks for the USA but her fellow teammates are not chopped liver. They’re all very accomplished in their own right and can carry on admirably. It’s good experience for them as Ms. Biles may retire at any time going forward.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57986166

#6334 purriwinkle, Jul 28, 2021
  15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Morgotha

You want to put the *police* in jail?!? I strongly disagree.

On the protestors, I'm all for putting them in jail AFTER the Antifa/BLM rioters are imprisoned for their crimes. Justice shouldn't be enforced based on political persuasion.

17. Morgotha

Did you see her face on her practice run? When she came down she looked scared. Whether it's a case of an inner ear problem or just nerves, I'd bet her career is over, and that's a shame. What bothers me is the *timing* of it. Unless this was the very first time this happened to her, she should have pulled out before the Olympics started, and given her interviews before the Olympics, this doesn't appear to have been a truly new issue for her.

18. Morgotha

Good news on the gymnastics front, American gymnast Suni Lee took the gold medal for the all-around competition. Good job! It's a bummer about Biles, but one of her team mates stepped up to the plate and got the job done.

"
    TOKYO — Suni Lee picked up where Simone Biles left off.
    Lee won the Olympic all-around title Thursday night, the fifth consecutive American woman (and sixth overall) to claim gymnastics’ biggest prize, joining Carly Patterson, Nastia Liukin, Gabby Douglas and Biles as Olympic gold medalists, Lee’s victory provided a bright spot in what has been a tough week for the U.S. women.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ol...-all-around-competition/ar-AAMHDNe?li=BBnb7Kz

#6338 Morgotha, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  19. purriwinkle

what part of “police attacking” used as a descriptive behavior didn’t you get?

You seem rather flippant for someone who constantly harps on law and order and seeing people locked up for their crimes.

20. purriwinkle

Considering her previous work, I’d have to surmise this was something new or perhaps something she hadn’t experienced since she began training. It must be a problem that gymnasts experience from time to time since they all seemed to understand the twisties phenomena and why it can pose a real danger.