Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like the police are starting to say, "why bother" and look out for their own interests.

"Police investigating a murder case in Washington state say they decided not to use a K9 dog in their search for the suspect after taking new reform laws into consideration.

The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department says it responded to 911 calls reporting shots being fired at a Kohl’s store in Puyallup on Wednesday night and when "deputies arrived on scene they found a young male deceased in the north side of the parking lot."

"Several people reported seeing a male in a black shirt and black pants running from the shooting and deputies checked the area to see if they could locate anyone matching the description," the department said in a statement. "A K9 officer was on scene within minutes, but because probable cause had not been developed for a particular individual, they decided not to track for the possible suspect since they could not use force to detain him."

House Bill 1310, which went into effect in Washington state last weekend, indicates that police now need probable cause before using force, according to KING5.

"We don’t know who the victim is, we don’t know who the suspect is, so we don’t have probable cause when we show up," Pierce County Sgt. Darren Moss Jr. told the station. "Although personally we would feel a reward for catching the suspect, we don’t want anyone to be disciplined or fired or de-certified criminally or civilly for violating the new law."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-police-reform-law-search-suspect

2. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

The best of the best are the best of the best humans. Key word being human. Even Delta force can have shakey moments. Just not on camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. You wanna see crazy? Here’s crazy that I’m going to scream from the roof tops.

MY DAUGHTERS GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW

No, I’m not drunk, but I am very tired from all the last minute running around. And I know that I won’t be sleeping tonight.
    I just needed a bit of crazy right now.

The truth is out there

4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know what the hell you think you know about the group but I went to their home page and read this:

#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc. is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.

We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.

We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

I don't know how that fits into your scenario exactly but they also have a global network which is concerned about the rights of Black people around the world. Nothing that I read said anything about any of the things you listed. I did read about signing a petition to protest ICE treatment of black immigrants but that's a far cry from the incendiary language to which you refer, but ok. You don't like that, fine.

Let's look at the other side. What groups were involved in the Capitol insurrection?

https://www.voanews.com/2020-usa-vo...ozen-extremist-groups-took-part-capitol-riots

The storming of the Capitol drew extremists that included adherents of the QAnon conspiracy theory, the far-right group the Proud Boys, militiamen, white supremacists, anti-maskers and diehard Trump supporters, all gathered to stop Congress from certifying President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

We've already discussed a few of these groups but all together a dangerous and volatile mix, IMO.

Maybe they think their ideas are lofty but that's subjective as well.

I don't care what the group is, if they advocate violence to meet their objectives then they lose the moral high ground.

What I find so hypocritical is that you have a bunch of people that speak up about "law and order" and "support the blue" but then they not only break the law but ignore and beat officers trying to do their job. As the saying goes, "don't piss on me and tell me it's raining."

5. purriwinkle

Congratulations to your daughter and her new husband! May the day go off without a hitch with hopes of a long and happy life together!

Let us know how everything went. So much work before hand but the day really goes by so quickly.
    Then you can sleep for two days...;)

6. DeadZedHead

Congratulations. May they have many happy years and give you many grand children to spoil.

7. Sharpie61

Thanks guys.

Thankfully it’s only a small affair. Because, you see, it’s only been about 1 month since they decided to get married. And his family wasn’t told until 2 weekends ago, because they wanted to do it in person. (They live in Jacksonville).
    So everything is being done quickly. And both kids are procrastinators. His mom, my other daughter, and I are the ones doing most of the work.
    It also was only going to be a 9 person affair, but is now 25, as my daughters coworkers wanted to attend, and the Air Force wanted to be involved.
    This is all being done quickly because of the Air Force. He’s being sent to Colorado for 4 years, and the only way she can go with is to be married. That’s the Air Forces gift to them. Base living. Lol
    So ya, another reason for me to not get any sleep. She too, is moving away. My oldest moved to Alabama to get a job at a teaching hospital. It’s the only way for her to get her masters without having thousands of dollars in loans.
    I know I’m being silly, but it’s bugging me. I won’t be able to see them. Could be the lack of sleep talking. Lol

I better get the day started. Lots to still do.

Thank you again.

The truth is out there

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Sharpie61

It went great guys. I didn’t cry too much. She looked so beautiful.
    I will share 1 photo of just her, because he’s Air Force, and, well, I can’t.
    And just to show the difference in my children, my other daughter.
    [​IMG]

The truth is out there

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. purriwinkle

I’m so happy all went well. She looks beautiful!

10. purriwinkle

Back to crazy….the right creating fake, basically ransom letters, to discredit BLM. When one woman investigates the situation and discovers the hoax, her neighbors won’t believe the evidence before their eyes.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wx5...ds-to-ivy-league-college-dallas-highland-park

Excerpts:

When Casie Tomlin opened her mailbox in the ultra-affluent enclave of Highland Park in Dallas on Saturday, July 17, she saw a FedEx envelope. Inside was a letter from an activist group called Dallas Justice Now.

It wasn’t the typical missive from a social justice organization. Rather than calling for defunding the police or protesting racial discrimination, the letter called on “white liberals and allies of the Black Lives Matter movement to make sacrifices to open up opportunities for students of color” by signing an online pledge not to send their children to Ivy League schools. If they refused to sign, the letter warned, the group would publicly shame them by publishing their names on its website.

The story spread to local right-wing media outlets, before being picked up by international media, with credulous reports in outlets like the Canadian far-right website Post Millennial, the British tabloid Daily Mail, and Newsweek. On Wednesday night, the story was covered on Tucker Carlson’s show on Fox News, America’s highest-rated cable news show.

But back in Highland Pack, Casie Tomlin smelled a rat.

And she was right. Dallas Justice Now is not a real social justice organization but rather appears to be a hoax campaign designed to discredit the Black Lives Matter movement. The group is linked to a right-wing PR company that works closely with the Republican Party.

But when Tomlin questioned the veracity of the letter she received in the post, she was called a “racist Karen” and someone posted her personal details online.

But when she pointed out to her neighbors that the letter had been revealed to be a hoax, and that it was linked to a right-wing PR group, they didn’t believe her.

“The whole neighborhood is very, very well aware of [the reports of the campaign being a hoax] and we still have people that were messaging me and telling me: 'No, this group is real because they have an African American on their website, so it's real.'”

MORE SHIT ENSUES…….(you have to read the article…)

Despite the obviously fake nature of the letter and the initial press release, the story gained traction in a publication called the Dallas City Wire, which is owned by conservative businessman Brian Timpone.

Timpone operates a network of “content farms” which the New York Times has linked to a national pay-for-play network of websites seeking to take the place of dwindling local news outlets.

The Dallas City Wire article quoted Michele Washington, but when Tomlin contacted the reporter who wrote the story to see if she had actually spoken to someone at Dallas Justice Now, the reporter asked Tomlin if she was the police and then refused to answer any other questions.

Tomlin wasn’t the only one looking into Dallas Justice Now.

A group of researchers based in Dallas, also looked into the group’s website. It quickly found links to Keep Dallas Safe, a group the Dallas Observer reports is “an organization run by a confirmed astroturfer.”

Earlier this year, Keep Dallas Safe targeted candidates in the Dallas City Council election with false claims that they intended to defund the police.

Both Dallas Justice Now and the Keep Dallas Safe are linked to Arena, a PR firm that has worked for the National Republican Senatorial Committee, the Michigan Republican Party, and other right-wing politicians and campaigns.

When asked about the link with Dallas Justice Now, Arena confirmed it had begun to work on the campaign but claimed it stopped once it realized what was happening.

Arena did not and would never support an activity of this type. We were working with a client and when we learned what their objective was, the project was terminated. Unfortunately, it appears someone from the group copied the original code containing a link to the abandoned ‘under construction’ website, which linked to our server,” Clint Brown, Arena’s chief operating officer told VICe News in an emailed statement.

Brown did not respond to follow-up questions about how the alleged code copying happened and asking him to identify the client carrying out the campaign. However, a report in Dallas has uncovered links between Arena and numerous astroturfing campaigns in other states.

THERE’S MORE….(gotta finish the article..)

Why am I not surprised about something like this? The lengths some will go……*sigh*

11. Morgotha

Congratulations! That's wonderful news! Also, it's great that her husband is being sent to Colorado where they'll be safe, and in this post-covid time there are plenty of jobs to be had so she'll be able to find something to do as well.

Congratulations again, that's such happpy news!:):):)

12. Morgotha

Seriously. I don't know why they bothered, if you don't get the picture watching them burn down businesses, destroy public property, and loot stores why would you get excited over an email?

13. purriwinkle

Same with those Trump idolaters at the Capitol. You could see the destruction and lawlessness (vandalism, trespassing, theft and assault) play out on your tv screen to know what kind of people they are.

What’s more insidious is the ultra right that “fakes” news or events to deliberately cast the other group in a bad light and to prey on people’s fears...and the unwary eats that shit right up. They were quick to think it was legit cause they wanted to believe it.

I don’t know what those people were so afraid of. I throw away what looks like junk mail the minute I take it out of the box. Don’t even open it. Same with e-mail. I never would have known what was going on and would have advised anyone who told me about it to throw their letters away too.

#6373 purriwinkle, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  14. Morgotha

Jade Carey won the gold for individual floor exercise, so good job! I've got to say her competence was wonderful, but for performance? I wished she was a bit more graceful, LOL! She looked like she had set spots she wanted her head and arms to be in and forced them there, but just didn't seem *fluid* in her movements. Ah, well, they can't all be gems.:eek::rolleyes:o_O

As a side note, I see now Biles wants to participate in the balance beam competition. I guess having her alternate get a gold medal must have gotten to her. I wish the coach would say, "thanks, but no thanks" although I realize that's likely not going to happen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ol...floor-routine-wins-gold/ar-AAMQgoz?li=BBnbfcL

15. Morgotha

16. Morgotha

Please. The level of destruction between the left wing yahoos and the right wing yahoos aren't even in the same ballpark.

17. DeadZedHead

Your right. The left wing yahoos didn’t try to overthrow the government. The damage of that is still simmering.

18. Morgotha

Please. They didn't try and overthrow the government. 19,000 mostly peaceful unarmed men and women who for the most part just showed up, expressed their opinions, and took selfies? That's a protest.

OTOH, burning down public and private property in multiple cities? THAT is more akin to a revolution, and what the leftists were doing.

#6378 Morgotha, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  19. purriwinkle

They tried to overturn an election because they didn’t like the results. If the Capitol is the “People’s House”, then I didn’t care much for them breaking windows, littering, trying to chase down and harm our duly elected representatives and injuring police trying to do their job etc. etc. in MY and everyone else’s house. They must have been brought up in a barn, IMO

I also didn’t care for them trying to nullify MY and everyone else’s vote who cast it for the opposition because they lost a free and fair election. Cry me a river..

If they had stayed out on the street and protested peaceably that would have been one thing but noooooooooo they had to take it too far.

I’ve already conceded that there were fringe elements that took the BLM protests too far, breaking the law as well.

As far as I’m concerned,….

[​IMG]

#6379 purriwinkle, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  20. Sharpie61

Calling for Pence to be hanged was just a “selfie” moment?

[​IMG]

The truth is out there